We who are about to Die! Made by an old m&b modder - me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Small combat gif from the last dev vlog for screenshot saturday :smile:

P5RFRoY.gif

Are you sure you did it right? It looks nice but it seems to be a screenshot, nothing is moving on my screen. There was virtually no loading time for the page to appear either.

creuzet said:
What's the max battle size?

It will depend on what performance is like around the end of development. I am hoping for up to 20-30 (10/15 vs 10/15) More would probably be too crowded - maybe in the largest arena. But its impossible to say at the moment. A minimum would be 5 vs 5 for me.

Adorno said:
Highelf said:
Good thing I have god mode
Well, you are literally the creator of the world  :smile:
You should make youtube videos instead of gifs. It takes quite a while to load.

Hm yeah I'm still trying to find my routine/best way to put stuff out there.
Problem is that most forums don't let you embed gifv's / mp4 links so I have to embed the .gif link which is like 10x bigger for some reason. (I dont even understand why a .gif is insanely huge but the same in mp4 is tiny... anyway)

I think I'll do that though: in the future Ill try making short feature showcase videos of maybe a minute or 2 and then make GIFV's out of the videos using imgur to post on reddit etc instead of the current workflow. Anyway /rambling

vQv57rl.jpg

Hello all! Been hard at work and I'm happy to announce my second major milestone has been reached - I've gone from rudimentary prototype to finishing what I call the  "Core Update" which outlines the basic core combat gameplay. Pretty important stuff! And according to planning, We who are about to Die is about 1/4th the way - halfway to Alpha.

I've added tons of stuff such as 2 handed, spear, pole-arm combat - and weapons to go with them - shield bashes, manual and automatic directional blocking with weapons, aim assist, dynamic stamina, physics based damage... and the list goes on.

I'm trying to approach this somewhat professionally so before I want to wrap up the Core Update - I have a round of playtesting to do. For that, I need a handful of playtesters.

I'm looking for both veteran gamers and inexperienced gamers. Male, female, doesn't matter. People here will have m&b experience which is also a really interesting playtest group since I imagine the game will have an overlapping target audience.
I'm looking for people who are interested in really playing for a bit, and practicing the game over multiple sessions (not just giving it one go) and who are able and willing to write down all their experiences, mishaps and ideas as clearly as possible. Major bonus if you can record yourself playing (your screen) but not a must at all. I'm also interested in people who are interested in coming back and testing the other milestone versions later down the road, so they can see the evolution and see / advise where the game is headed. (But that's also not a must)

So in short - someone who wants to take it seriously and help shape the game, instead of *just* wanting to play my game, if that makes sense!

Since the project has a budget of €0, I can't offer anything in return except being able to play/see the progress of a game and - of course, a free key to the full game when/if it comes out and access to all updates in between now and then. So the bottom line is it has to seem fun to you to do this!

If you're interested, please write me a small motivation, and summary of yourself/your gaming experience to lakierejordy @ g mail . com  (remove spaces)
If you're not interested, don't hesitate to show this post to someone  you know who might be!

Back
Top Bottom