We need custom servers NOW

Users who are viewing this thread

They did focus on the competitive scene initially.

The class system design was a competitive focus, not a casual one. It's pretty obvious when it only works for skirmish of captain, both which are designed to be competitive
See the issue is that I think the developers thought the "competitive" community was way larger than it really was. I'd consider the majority of serious players in Warband to be "semi-competitive" (playing in a clan that took part in the large 100v100 event battles, or something like PW, etc.) and more played for the large battles and teamplay rather than the micro small scale combat. Then you have the casual players who just play on custom servers like tdm or siege just for fun. I'd say the semicompetitive and the casual players made up about 98% of the warband multiplayer community, so the "audience" TW was trying to cater to with the Bannerlord game modes was actually extremely small in the first place. Aside from the combat problems, a big reason Bannerlord mp died so fast is that the vast majority of players didn't get the modes or gameplay that made mount and blade unique that they liked back in warband.

See the issue is that I think the developers thought the "competitive" community was way larger than it really was. I'd consider the majority of serious players in Warband to be "semi-competitive" (playing in a clan that took part in the large 100v100 event battles, or something like PW, etc.) and more played for the large battles and teamplay rather than the micro small scale combat. Then you have the casual players who just play on custom servers like tdm or siege just for fun. I'd say the semicompetitive and the casual players made up about 98% of the warband multiplayer community, so the "audience" TW was trying to cater to with the Bannerlord game modes was actually extremely small in the first place. Aside from the combat problems, a big reason Bannerlord mp died so fast is that the vast majority of players didn't get the modes or gameplay that made mount and blade unique that they liked back in warband.
+1

Well no, the vast majority of the competitive community from warband isnt playing bannerlord, because we dont think its fun. The combat is a downgrade, theres less fun and we cant actually train. We've told taleworld what we want fixed, what we think the priority should be and we get ignored as much as the rest of you. We're not the favored sons here, we're all in the same sinking boat. The competitive scene in Warband currently is bigger than the one in Bannerlord.
The game doesnt cater to anyone right now. Everyone is missing crucial pieces.
If focus was on competitive, I'd be able to move my ****ing camera through a doorway by now.

Well no, the vast majority of the competitive community from warband isnt playing bannerlord, because we dont think its fun. The combat is a downgrade, theres less fun and we cant actually train. We've told taleworld what we want fixed, what we think the priority should be and we get ignored as much as the rest of you. We're not the favored sons here, we're all in the same sinking boat. The competitive scene in Warband currently is bigger than the one in Bannerlord.
The game doesnt cater to anyone right now. Everyone is missing crucial pieces.
If focus was on competitive, I'd be able to move my ****ing camera through a doorway by now.
Imagine not playing in first person mode, hardly competitive :razz:

We don't get match-making regions so we have to use either Asia, Europe or NA. As you can imagine it's not very fun playing with lag. I feel bad for SA as they never even got a custom server to use. Applies for clan matches aswell.
Has TW said anything about it yet? I don't think getting a server for MM in your region is THAT hard.

Has TW said anything about it yet? I don't think getting a server for MM in your region is THAT hard.
I remember asking during Beta and I got a response by Callum basically saying they don't want to release the server files and haven't finished the admin tools. I don't know how finished they are now but it has almost been a year.

Quite possible if they believe that there aren't many of them.

What an asinine suggestion. OCE and SA both have the population to support an MM system, and everyone knows that. A better explanation would be that TW is unable to find providers; any reasonable company would choose to have servers in these regions.

Somewhat relevant comment: I'm amazed by Tork's trolling ability. Writing in such an uninformed and infuriating way is a rare talent. I'm 95% sure he's doing satire, and I still fall for the bait.

What an asinine suggestion. OCE and SA both have the population to support an MM system, and everyone knows that. A better explanation would be that TW is unable to find providers; any reasonable company would choose to have servers in these regions.

Somewhat relevant comment: I'm amazed by Tork's trolling ability. Writing in such an uninformed and infuriating way is a rare talent. I'm 95% sure he's doing satire, and I still fall for the bait.
DGeyK3o.png

Unfortunately no, it has been asked countless times but there has been no real answer from TW. Considering they haven't even given SA a custom server to play with after all this time, I'm not expecting them to make a region for us in MM anytime soon if at all.

We had a good amount of players in the first few months where it could have warranted matchmaking, but now because of this and a number of other factors there's almost constantly 0 players on OCE. Sucks mang :sad:

Unfortunately no, it has been asked countless times but there has been no real answer from TW. Considering they haven't even given SA a custom server to play with after all this time, I'm not expecting them to make a region for us in MM anytime soon if at all.

We had a good amount of players in the first few months where it could have warranted matchmaking, but now because of this and a number of other factors there's almost constantly 0 players on OCE. Sucks mang :sad:
I actually can imagine your pain since I live in Kazakhstan and have to endure a ping around 100 to play in Europe. And I'm not expecting them to open any servers close to me in any foreseeable future, however this isn't so bad and I got used to it, I imagine ping from OCE to EU must be much worse. But servers for OCE and Brazil sound like something that will eventually happen, unlike servers for Central Asia.

Yeah, it's fairly playable using the Asia servers at around 100ping or so, but there's no doubt you're at a disadvantage from it and I don't want to try and get competitive like this. It's a shame, but to be honest even with matchmaking I'd still use the custom server list as it's just quicker. Hopefully they figure something out for us soon!

Servers now!. I bought the game for community servers and I feel very cheated for now.

Why? Nowhere in the EA section do they write anything about custom servers, it is'nt even mentioned once. Someone at Taleworlds have probably at one point vaguely said that custom servers will come. If you feel cheated it's literally your own fault.

I've never seen a more entitled group of people ever before in my life. The Mount&Blade community that is.

And no I'm not a blind defender of this game, if you want you can even see that I've posted a bad review of Bannerlord on Steam back in June.

Why? Nowhere in the EA section do they write anything about custom servers, it is'nt even mentioned once. Someone at Taleworlds have probably at one point vaguely said that custom servers will come. If you feel cheated it's literally your own fault.

I've never seen a more entitled group of people ever before in my life. The Mount&Blade community that is.

And no I'm not a blind defender of this game, if you want you can even see that I've posted a bad review of Bannerlord on Steam back in June.
Custom servers are expected for multiplayer. It's the only reason why MP would be alive.

What is so hard to understand, that players need custom servers- Warband with native only would be boring- all the mods have brought life back to Warband

Back
Top Bottom