[WBMM] Discussion & Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

We all got temp banned on DE_1 because it thought we were dodging the other 4 servers xd

239FD687585AC757022B1C01F98437804D36077F

AE865986C5A98D7A06AF93DC299A53770EFADBAD

Fietta said:
We all got temp banned on DE_1 because it thought we were dodging the other 4 servers xd

239FD687585AC757022B1C01F98437804D36077F

AE865986C5A98D7A06AF93DC299A53770EFADBAD
LordMetzger forgot to change the server names, should be fixed now.
Would like to thank LordMetzger for providing some servers for MM!  :party:

Any chance of a poll or something to find out if people want 2h queue? I really think it's a good idea if you guys want to spread your dongs into as many Warband holes as possible.

Eladon said:
Any chance of a poll or something to find out if people want 2h queue? I really think it's a good idea if you guys want to spread your dongs into as many Warband holes as possible.
Ehhh wat

Eladon said:

Even games like Rocket League are afraid of too many playlists due to splitting the player base. A game like Warband doesn't need multiple queues. The only one I'd agree with personally is 1v1 since it's only two players.

If you want to roll around with a 2 hander go into a TDM or duel server, battle has never been about that.

tbf duel is completely dead anyway so for once in my life id say shin has a good idea

2h sweats are still around and getting them using the client could increase the playerbase and persuade them to try battle. Changing 1h duel to 2h wont excluse 1h players as no one plays it anyway, it would actually broaden the appeal of matchmaking to 2h [don't] too

[quote author=Forum Rules]No derogatory or discriminatory remarks based on ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, nationality or gender. No hate propaganda, and no racism.[/quote]

Fietta said:
tbh 3 people asked for 8v8, did u get bored and randomly implement it?
No, we are testing out new stuff for WBMM. Testing it can't hurt anyone.

I agree, however, that 8v8 is not good for the WBMM "community" as the waiting times are quite long. I personally really like 8v8, but I am unsure if it's the way to go for WBMM.

Maybe the way to go would be to inplement 8v8 from like 18;30 GMT to 22;30 GMT. So that there is 4 hours of 8v8 fun, but besides that, when the activity is lower, there is 6v6.

I think that WBMM is going down the right route by testing things out but I think a 5 queue system is about as good as it will get for solo queue + team queue:

• 6v6/8v8 - (Your timezone idea is great Kane)
  • Premade Only 8v8 - (Seperate ELO? I doubt it would be a queue with a team waiting in it, I am more thinking clans would arrange a match like they always have but play it through WBMM queue system so that it records stats etc?)
  • Groupfighting
  • 1K Buy
  • Tunic and Greatsword

I would think that about exhausts the list of competitive gamemodes played on Native but please correct me if I am wrong. I think it's best for WBMM to cater to ALL of Native player's needs so that the population is semi-fluid between the queues. I know I would play a few hours of T+G every day which would probably make me end up playing a game of battle or two, catch my drift?

Also on a little personal note. I have been noticing alot of reports/complaints about (bad players/ players with troll equipment/ etc).

I understand that for us competitive players it's quite easy to see WBMM as a competitive gamemode, and it can most definitely be used that way. However, we must not forget that WBMM is a gamemode meant for fun queueing. It's the players who are making it a competititve enviroment. When newer players join this gamemode to have some fun, it's useless to just swear at them for not knowing what to do. It's quite frustrating to lose because of teammates, I know. But after all expanding the community should be our primary goal, and this gamemode is probably one of the best ways to do so. So before raging at someone for not knowing what to do, what we have almost all done before, we should try to have a bit of patience and try to help them understand so they can impove, learn and our community can expand.

KaneMaB said:
Also on a little personal note. I have been noticing alot of reports/complaints about (bad players/ players with troll equipment/ etc).

I understand that for us competitive players it's quite easy to see WBMM as a competitive gamemode, and it can most definitely be used that way. However, we must not forget that WBMM is a gamemode meant for fun queueing. It's the players who are making it a competititve enviroment. When newer players join this gamemode to have some fun, it's useless to just swear at them for not knowing what to do. It's quite frustrating to lose because of teammates, I know. But after all expanding the community should be our primary goal, and this gamemode is probably one of the best ways to do so. So before raging at someone for not knowing what to do, what we have almost all done before, we should try to have a bit of patience and try to help them understand so they can impove, learn and our community can expand.
Maybe someone shud make a tutorial vid, or just screens of the different gears and loadout examples and add it to the first post.
That way we won't have people running around in default armor with huscarl shields and lamellar gloves.

Usually they don't respond or don't understand what I mean, when I ask them to change their equip and drop shields etc.

Razer' said:
Maybe someone shud make a tutorial vid, or just screens of the different gears and loadout examples and add it to the first post.
That way we won't have people running around in default armor with huscarl shields and lamellar gloves.

Usually they don't respond or don't understand what I mean, when I ask them to change their equip and drop shields etc.
Good idea, I think we can do something like that.

Back
Top Bottom