[WBMM] Discussion & Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

8v8 in matchmaking is way worse than 6v6. It has been tried and it was bad. I don't see any reason to go for another try. 6v6 Matches are quicker and require less players. Individual performance is also more important than in 8v8 which is good for MM.

No need to add 2h duel imo noone plays MM for duel anyway. Not like adding it will be bad but it's rather pointless.

Im not sure how the balance works right now but last time the new season made lots of matches unbalanced due to the hidden MMR.

If you want the format to Change between 6v6 and 8v8 it should be done depending on the amount of people that are qing or in a match not on set timezones, thats a terrible idea.

E: I'd love to see that chat mute button fixed!

HKP said:
Im not sure how the balance works right now but last time the new season made lots of matches unbalanced due to the hidden MMR.
I have to disagree, I think matches have been far more balanced. Also looking at the devided MMR on the leadersboards shows me that it's more balanced than last season.
HKP said:
E: I'd love to see that chat mute button fixed!
Who wouldn't  :roll: :lol:

HKP said:
No need to add 2h duel imo noone plays MM for duel anyway.

Why not get people who like to duel into WBMM? They will inevitably end up queuing for Battle / GFight and might enjoy it which leads to more players playing all modes. It's not like a duel queue can even cause a split queue scenario because it's never going to rise above 1 person in the queue at any given time, as soon as someone else queues that's a match.

Eladon said:
HKP said:

Why not get people who like to duel into WBMM? They will inevitably end up queuing for Battle / GFight and might enjoy it which leads to more players playing all modes. It's not like a duel queue can even cause a split queue scenario because it's never going to rise above 1 person in the queue at any given time, as soon as someone else queues that's a match.

I still struggle to understand why are you so desperately trying to force duels in WBMM? It is hard to find some 8v8 or 6v6 battles that can be played with balanced classes and somewhat enjoyable environment without having a team and scheduling an actual match, which is exactly why WBMM was created.

This is not the case for dueling though. Just use Ludus. I constantly see fair amount of people there so you should not have any problems playing 1v1s in there.

KaneMaB said:
HKP said:
I have to disagree, I think matches have been far more balanced. Also looking at the devided MMR on the leadersboards shows me that it's more balanced than last season.
The balance change that we had this season after the people complained about it helped alot. Before mynes changed how the balance worked matches were really unbalanced as just the hidden mmr counted. Its fine rn.

? Rey said:
Eladon said:
HKP said:

I still struggle to understand why are you so desperately trying to force duels in WBMM? It is hard to find some 8v8 or 6v6 battles that can be played with balanced classes and somewhat enjoyable environment without having a team and scheduling an actual match, which is exactly why WBMM was created.

This is not the case for dueling though. Just use Ludus. I constantly see fair amount of people there so you should not have any problems playing 1v1s in there.
Exactly this. The groupfighting in MM is fine to me but the current 1v1 is also pointless.

Dividing the WBMM community by offering both 8v8 and 6v6 is a very dumb move, queue times will inevitably be longer. I'm pretty sure WBMM moved to 6v6 format not only because of the tournament format but also because of the lack of players in the 8v8 queue, shortening the amount of players proved to work VERY well, sometimes there's 3 battles going on at once; when it was just 8v8, you'd be lucky to get 2 on a good day. Now you've got both 6v6 and 8v8 queue, how will that help? I think the implementation of 8v8 wasn't because people wanted it, but because Mynes was probably bored. 8v8 has been tested in the old WBMM (Calamity's) and Mynes' downloadable client which showed the lack of interest. You can't tell me you're testing something that's already been tested Kane. Knowing exactly how that format's performed in the past and 6v6 being very popular, I'm confused as to why it has been implemented.

Looking at the WBMM browser, you've added a poll to ask what people prefer. I don't quite understand the reason for this when you should be focusing on what's better for matchmaking, people voting for 8v8 doesn't really make any sense, they may prefer the 8v8 format, it doesn't mean it's the right way for matchmaking, the question asked was awfully abstract and poorly worded. If the question was worded 'Which format would best suit matchmaking', then the response may be different.

Fietta said:
Dividing the WBMM community by offering both 8v8 and 6v6 is a very dumb move, queue times will inevitably be longer. I'm pretty sure WBMM moved to 6v6 format not only because of the tournament format but also because of the lack of players in the 8v8 queue, shortening the amount of players proved to work VERY well, sometimes there's 3 battles going on at once; when it was just 8v8, you'd be lucky to get 2 on a good day. Now you've got both 6v6 and 8v8 queue, how will that help? I think the implementation of 8v8 wasn't because people wanted it, but because Mynes was probably bored. 8v8 has been tested in the old WBMM (Calamity's) and Mynes' downloadable client which showed the lack of interest. You can't tell me you're testing something that's already been tested Kane. Knowing exactly how that format's performed in the past and 6v6 being very popular, I'm confused as to why it has been implemented.

Looking at the WBMM browser, you've added a poll to ask what people prefer. I don't quite understand the reason for this when you should be focusing on what's better for matchmaking, people voting for 8v8 doesn't really make any sense, they may prefer the 8v8 format, it doesn't mean it's the right way for matchmaking, the question asked was awfully abstract and poorly worded. If the question was worded 'Which format would best suit matchmaking', then the response may be different.
We have added it for testing at this current time. It might not have worked back then, but it might now, who knows. Mynes is inplementing it because that is his vision for his program, and it's the current tourney format. If you don't like it, feel free to make your own 6v6 client.

The poll was added on my request. This poll result will let us know how people think about the 8v8's inplementation. If people like it, good. If people don't like it, good, we will remove it.

Have a bit of patience for once, hm?

I think if you implement both 8v8 and 6v6 people will choose what is possible naturally. If there is no crowd for 8v8 but 6v6 is available people will just switch to 6v6.

KaneMaB said:
Also on a little personal note. I have been noticing alot of reports/complaints about (bad players/ players with troll equipment/ etc).

I understand that for us competitive players it's quite easy to see WBMM as a competitive gamemode, and it can most definitely be used that way. However, we must not forget that WBMM is a gamemode meant for fun queueing. It's the players who are making it a competititve enviroment. When newer players join this gamemode to have some fun, it's useless to just swear at them for not knowing what to do. It's quite frustrating to lose because of teammates, I know. But after all expanding the community should be our primary goal, and this gamemode is probably one of the best ways to do so. So before raging at someone for not knowing what to do, what we have almost all done before, we should try to have a bit of patience and try to help them understand so they can impove, learn and our community can expand.
This is exactly what I was saying a few pages back though in response to creating private lobbies. WBMM is a mod/client made for all and not technically for competitive playing and we can't expect everyone to join to act as if it's a real scrim. The competitive community should be willing to educate those that seem to be unsure of how to play a proper match and not just raging at them because it's ruining their ideal match type. Growth is the #1 thing Warband needs and WBMM should be working towards that same goal, not just focusing on the current competitive players (which is small compared to the possible number of new players who could join).

Achaner said:
Growth is the #1 thing Warband needs and WBMM should be working towards that same goal, not just focusing on the current competitive players (which is small compared to the possible number of new players who could join).

Yea wbmm needs growth more than anything, so being able to access a match at any time of the day with minimum waiting time is important. 6v6 has allowed that to happen for the past few months, with 1 match minimum going on from the early afternoon until the early morning, and peak time seeing up to 4 matches going on at the same time. Yesterday I saw 40 people online and only one match going, cause that match was 8v8. There was a 6v6 queue too with 8 people in it; that would've been 2 games going on at once, not 1, if there wasn't an 8v8 mode. 8v8 in MM brings back long waiting times, creates difficulty in finding matches and turns new players away who can't be bothered to wait half an hour for a match.

Whether you prefer 8v8 to 6v6 in tournaments or not, 6v6 is perfect for matchmaking based on the current size of the community.

Waiting more minutes to play match in 8vs8 and then you get unbalanced as **** teams, losing 0-6 so then you don't want to play another **** match so you leave wbmm. If you want play 8vs8 you have tournaments for it or trainings, it should be a place for players who want fast matches. WBMM with 8vs8 will be dead soon again.

In what ways is implementing an 8v8 queue for WBMM helpful for the whole community? Benefits of 6v6 > benefits of 8v8.

i know its only testing but it just seems like people aren't realizing the consequences this will have on the life and longevity of MM. 

:cry: :cry:

Yesterday only one 8v8 server was up and it was filled until 1.40 or around(quite good for a solo server wednesday night), Mynes stated that its because the other servers werent updated, and that his idea is to run a test-week of 8v8(without 6v6 servers at the same time) with multiple lobbys up. After it people will be able to give propper feedback. I still believe that the increase of activity on wbmm happened because of the website-system and not the 6v6 swap, and wbmm should always keep the competitive settings no matter the circumstances, so it should always adapt its numbers and ruleset to the current competition. 8v8 and 6v6 are both fine and playable, but to literally state that there's no players or that its unviable and judge for a pre-test where only 1 server was up while 6v6 was still queable is straight dumb, not to mention calling out friends to spam and flood with the same irrational message.

Edit: Before you come in writing more senseless stuff, let them run their test for the days they need, adjusting in more servers and giving it full attention. After the test feel free to compare them and set in a valid opinion.

Charlini said:
I still believe that the increase of activity on wbmm happened because of the website-system and not the 6v6 swap

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Right now there is one game ongoing and 10 in queue; if this was 6v6 that'd be two games ongoing with a small wait time for the extra people. Instead, it's 30 minute wait time for 10 people until the ongoing game finishes. The increase in WBMM activity was because it was easy to get a game at any time of the day. If long wait times come back people won't play it

I keep getting this "servers not available" so I cant queue to 8v8, so I have to stick my face to the PC to check when the battle finishes if i dont wanna miss it :/ can that be fixed pls

Still straight dumb lmao, OBVIOUSLY It is happening because atm BOTH queues are up and only 1 server on 8v8, the players are being splitten into both queues which obviously slows things down and even disable the games, its not what they intend with the test but the servers have not been updated yet by provider so 8v8 can't be fully-focused. So of course, with 6v6 only u'd probs have 2 lobbys filled, considering the quantity of players atm online i asure you it would be the same for 8v8 right now, so stop dropping in random **** without propper reasoning AND WAIT FOR THEIR TEST.

Charlini said:
calling out friends to spam and flood with the same irrational message.

irrational message? what that being able to get into a game at any point in the day is worse than being in the right queue at the right time just have 4 extra players?

switch on brain, please

You and your friendos prefer 6v6, we get it, but stop spamming about 'playing at any point in the day' and 'waiting a lot atm to play 8v8' BECAUSE THERE'S ONLY 1 SERVER UP AND BOTH QUEUES ARE AVAIBLE, you fail to understand that, you are judging a gamemode without it being properly tested and crying over reasons that have not been seen on propper conditions(web-based, multiple lobbys and current player activity). You should really look into the brain switch on sentence on yourselves instead of constantly write the same **** over and over again and not reading or trying to understand what's causing those issues you're concerned about. As I said, you may be right but you should stop stating consequences over something that has not been properly set-up. The poll is being ran and hopefully they setup more servers and set 8v8 only for a full-week soon, after that, with lot of feedback aswell it will be clear what's better for wbmm, 6v6 or 8v8, meanwhile there's no use in spamming wrong info.

Back
Top Bottom