SP Medieval [WB] WIP - Das Heilige Römische Reich 1426 AD

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi! We were also developing a module from Hussite period but half of our team just dissappeared, so I can provide you with some models (Hookgun, some Bärenspieß and I think we even have accurate morgenstern and at least two kinds of butcher axes) and with pretty extensive info about environment in Czech lands during hussite rebellion. Just let me know :wink:

quick edit: So models I can provide you with immediately include one Bärenspieß, one hussite pike, morgenstern, one spear/banner and two versions of butcher's axe. I think I have another two Bärenspießen somewhere.

Wow, a very kind offer, and I'll gladly accept it!

I'm very interested in the weapons you made, which also goes for your knowledge about Bohemia during that particular time period... especially within a game context.
I've done some research (but not enough, since I wasn't sure whether to include the Hussites for the first release), but I'm sure you can fill me in a lot. The setting is 1426, after the third crusade, with Jan Žižka having passed away.
A listing of Hussite/Taborite lords, linked to their fiefs would be especially welcome, as would a list of western Bohemian cities/castles & villages.

I'm interested in pretty much anything you've came up with regarding the Hussites, I haven't finished my layout of that faction at all.

Thanks once again for this very nice offer!

Edit: If you tell me that you've managed to implement wagenburgs, I'll have a seizure (in a good way :wink:)

Looking forward to it. It's good to see someone more competent at coding than me making a 15th century mod.

That said:
Kohlrabi said:
Town-specific recruitment
What do you mean by this? Have you just moved the recruitment option from villages to towns? Or have you added a town troops tree in addition to a village one?
If it's the later one: How did you do this? I've been trying to do the same for weeks.

This looks absolutely amazing and is just the kind of mod I've been looking for. Love how you're going for a more realistic and historic approach. Keep up the good work!

Beautiful textures!

Kohlrabi said:
Edit: If you tell me that you've managed to implement wagenburgs, I'll have a seizure (in a good way :wink:)

As wagenburgs are purely defensive you could easily implement this with the Camp Entrenchment Kit. Just have to change the scenes.
You could change the random battle scenes to predefined ones, too. But I'm not sure if that makes much sense here..
You might want to have a look at the Outposts Kit, too.

Hawkwood said:
Looking forward to it. It's good to see someone more competent at coding than me making a 15th century mod.

I wouldn't call myself a competent coder though. I started out completely from scratch a few weeks ago - but there are great tutorials and helpful posts in this forum, which has made it possible - I've had loads of spare time recently though :wink:

Hawkwood said:
That said:
Kohlrabi said:
What do you mean by this? Have you just moved the recruitment option from villages to towns? Or have you added a town troops tree in addition to a village one?
If it's the later one: How did you do this? I've been trying to do the same for weeks.

I haven't the troop tree fully worked out yet, but I'm basically using 5 different sizes of villages, 3 sizes of castles and 4 sizes of towns - and they will have access to different troops based on their respective size.
I'm using menu-based recruitment, and party flags controlling access to the menus.
It took me a long while to work it out, but I suppose it shouldn't be that difficult for someone actually having some experience with coding.

I used this post as a guide:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,50686.msg1309276.html#msg1309276

Grauuu said:
This looks absolutely amazing and is just the kind of mod I've been looking for. Love how you're going for a more realistic and historic approach. Keep up the good work!

Thanks  a lot!
I'm actually trying to make just the kind of mod I wanted to play, so I hope you'll enjoy it as well :grin:

Tyrinius said:
Beautiful textures!

Thank you! Texturing was actually the only thing I had previous experience of, so I hope I get the time to do more texturing - lots of things to be done first though - these were just made to try out the BRF editor, and see how to get them ingame (and doing specular maps etc).

Tyrinius said:
As wagenburgs are purely defensive you could easily implement this with the Camp Entrenchment Kit. Just have to change the scenes.
You could change the random battle scenes to predefined ones, too. But I'm not sure if that makes much sense here..
You might want to have a look at the Outposts Kit, too.

Thanks for the help!
I've taken a quick glance at that mod earlier, and perhaps that's exactly what I'm looking for.
I know zilch about scene editing though, but I suppose it could be doable with some clever AI scripting (similar to siege scripts perhaps?) and proper scenes. But, too time-consuming to be on my current to-do list, though, even if I would love to have it in the mod.

Kohlrabi said:
Hawkwood said:

I wouldn't call myself a competent coder though. I started out completely from scratch a few weeks ago - but there are great tutorials and helpful posts in this forum, which has made it possible - I've had loads of spare time recently though :wink:
It wouldn't take much to be a better coder than me. I'm just willing to read tutorials and open to trying to change some existing code.
Kohlrabi said:
Hawkwood said:
That said:
Kohlrabi said:

I haven't the troop tree fully worked out yet, but I'm basically using 5 different sizes of villages, 3 sizes of castles and 4 sizes of towns - and they will have access to different troops based on their respective size.
I'm using menu-based recruitment, and party flags controlling access to the menus.
It took me a long while to work it out, but I suppose it shouldn't be that difficult for someone actually having some experience with coding.

I used this post as a guide:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,50686.msg1309276.html#msg1309276
So did I. I just couldn't get different troops for different factions to work.

EDIT: About the bishop's hat: Have you asked Barry_bon_Loyale about his?

I'm not using faction-specific recruitment, its more location-specific (or 'area of recruitment').
i.e.= set a party flag at the beginning of the game (huge town, or flemish to give an example), make an in-town menu that checks for that flag, resulting in recruitable professional troops or flemish mercenaries. If the flag doesn't exist, the menu won't be available.
I do think a similar process could be used, checking for player faction, but I won't need that right now in this mod since all factions more or less are the same "culture".

EDIT:
Hawkwood said:
EDIT: About the bishop's hat: Have you asked Barry_bon_Loyale about his?

No I haven't, I didn't know about it. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

von Afton said:
Godspeed to you and your mod :shock:

Thank you! :grin:

Well, I had an idea of implementing Wagenburg as a party moving on map that would be in fact something like castle, triggering siege scene if attacked. But I didn't have the faintest idea of how to manage it. But we are left with nice model of wagon, alas without any AI meshes/collision meshes.

I can fill you in with pretty much any info on Hussites as we conducted some studies on that topic. I'll gather the information together and send them via a massive PM.

Also, I'm a dabbling coder, but lack the time to do anything right now.

SanDiego said:
Well, I had an idea of implementing Wagenburg as a party moving on map that would be in fact something like castle, triggering siege scene if attacked. But I didn't have the faintest idea of how to manage it. But we are left with nice model of wagon, alas without any AI meshes/collision meshes.

That's similar to the idea I had, and no, I don't have the faintest idea how to implement it either :smile:
Great that you have the model... is it hard to implement AI/collision meshes?

SanDiego said:
I can fill you in with pretty much any info on Hussites as we conducted some studies on that topic. I'll gather the information together and send them via a massive PM.

Looking forward to it!

SanDiego said:
Also, I'm a dabbling coder, but lack the time to do anything right now.

If you ever get the time, and want to help out, let me know! :wink:

Collision meshes are just .obj files. You could actually use the model itself as a collision mesh, but it's better to simplify it a bit, so the AI doesn't get stuck. I'd think the collision mesh of a wagon would essentially be a box of similar size as the model. I'd love to see a screenshot of that wagon :smile:

Good luck with this! Will ye be including all of Philip the good's duchies?

I'm sort of surprised at myself that I've never posted here, because it sounds nice. :smile:
Allow me to point something out though;
Kohlrabi said:
The barren wastes called Holland (WIP):
mb21.jpg
Most of what you're showing in this map is not part of 'Holland.' :grin: Also, I think Amersfoort and Utrecht ought to be slightly further North, with Amersfoort to the east and slightly north to Utrecht, but I'm not entirely sure.

Well, I should have called the screenshot "The barren wastes of Grafschaft Holland, Herzogtum Geldern, Bistum Utrecht, Grafschaft Seeland & Herzogtum Brabant" - but... I was too lazy to type... :grin:

Utrecht & Amersfoort might be a little off, but Utrecht should at least quite right in relation to the river... (the map I'm using placed the town on the other side of the river though, in comparison to Google maps). I moved Utrecht north, and Amersfoort to the east-southeast.

Such mistakes are bound to happen though... I'm placing soooo many towns, castles and villages... but thanks for pointing it out!

Kohlrabi said:
Thanks!

Yup, both towns will be part of Herzogtum Pommern / Haus Greifen.
The map 'far east' will be around Stettin.

That's awesome! So I can defend my hometown!
Maybe if you need help I could make a townscene for Rostock which would be like Rostock
was at that time  :wink:

Back
Top Bottom