MP Dark Ages [WB] Vikingr (Old thread)

Users who are viewing this thread

socks said:
Rath0s: it's definitely realistic. I see it in the movies all the time dude, you should really learn what you're talking about before you hate on a bro.
Ehm.. not all movies are realistic. for example 300..  :mrgreen:

just getting silly now.. yes jump-slashing has been removed and as far as it goes.. thats that.
Moving on.. less talk more raiding!!  :twisted: :twisted:

Awesome mod but I've noticed that the scimitar tends to dominate the battlefield like 7/10, maybe a little nerfing would be called for, idk but its just alittle annoying having to face such a spammable weapon lol btw where did mah jumpslash go? I must do my lol-spin attacks to dazzle the enemy!

moreraid.jpg

MrNomNom said:
I am upset on how few people like Normans =(
Yeah, but both normans and saxons seem to be massacred by the Rus which befuddles me lol. I'm more upset at how archery got bum-raped to terrifying degree

KillerMongoose said:
MrNomNom said:
Yeah, but both normans and saxons seem to be massacred by the Rus which befuddles me lol. I'm more upset at how archery got bum-raped to terrifying degree

Normans are by far my favourite faction so far.

The key to playing Normans is having a mixed Infantry + Crossbowman main force, and lots of cavalry to flank. If you don't have cavalry, you have to just sit tight and defend.

Aleczacool said:
KillerMongoose said:
MrNomNom said:

Normans are by far my favourite faction so far.

The key to playing Normans is having a mixed Infantry + Crossbowman main force, and lots of cavalry to flank. If you don't have cavalry, you have to just sit tight and defend.
Yeah, a more defensive style is best, earlier today I watched a whole team of Normans charge a smaller group of Saxons and get butchered.

I love the mod. Archery isn't all that bad. It takes some getting used to, but I still seem to be effective at least.

Only thing is that sometimes on map changes the game crashes. I know this has been mentioned before.

KillerMongoose said:
the scimitar tends to dominate the battlefield like 7/10, maybe a little nerfing would be called for, idk but its just alittle annoying having to face such a spammable weapon lol

We were attualy talking about that earlier... we might be adjusting the scimitar slightly for the next patch to make it more even

Pistol Pete said:
Only thing is that sometimes on map changes the game crashes. I know this has been mentioned before.

Well we arent sure if it works or not yet but i used to crash contantly when the server changed map or sometimes i just crashed randomly..  :sad: But i fully reinstalled warband again from steam *only took me like 20mins to redownload...  :lol:* and sins then i havent crashed.. so it appears to have worked for me  :smile:

For those whom crash:

Now, something that is quite interesting - especially to those with crashing problems.

One of our members had the repeated problem of crashing in the mod (and also in Native from time to time), especially on map rotation. Tonight, we asked him to uninstall Warband and install it fresh using the 1.134 client, as opposed to patching to 1.134. The result? He didn't crash after that... If you have serious problems with the mod, I would advocate a complete install of Warband using the 1.134 client.

And to confirm a few things... I've had some messages via PM and over Steam regarding the server and forthcoming development. We are fully commited to seeing this mod through to the end (if indeed, there ever will be one  :eek:) We will be implementing additional admin tools very shortly to help us administer the server (and to prepare for any -cough- events) and we will be closely looking at equipment balance, as well as continuing to implement new items.

What is really restricting us right now in speaking with the players of this mod is a lack of a sub-forum. -coughs again  :eek:

Back
Top Bottom