SP Native [WB] The Stone Wall Project 0.2

Users who are viewing this thread

Antonis said:
Dude, seriously, you need to let some steam off. Like, a lot. I didn't think I said anywhere "STDs are tranmitted only by homosexual intercourse".

I'm not angry; I'm just more prone to snark than Gamanek. And you didn't. That was in reference to the earlier comments. Though I do question your reasoning for why STDs are a good idea to include in this mod, when they don't actually relate to the content of the mod. Do you not see how that impacts our message?

It's not like we're adding sex to the game; we're adding gay/bi people. And if you think adding gay people implies that sex is happening, why aren't you petitioning TaleWorlds to include STDs with all the straight people they've got in their game?

And Taleworlds, IS a public forum. Anyone can be a member, even if he/she doesn't play the game, that's not a requirement. And while the Administrators(the staff members of Taleworlds) can censor and make the Moderators censor, and since we are talking about witty and classy acts, making a forum to basically promote your game, since you are a company and encouraging Freedom of Speech, yeah...censorship is a REALLY classy and witty way to achieve you goals and promote your game.

"Censorship". You keep on using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

I can't censor speech, because I don't have that power. The mods have power to censor their own forums. Which, yes, are public in the sense that anyone can join, but not public in the sense that anyone can also be removed. It's public like a pub, not like a park. It is still privately owned and maintained, and therefor not subject to free speech laws.

However, it has rules that the administrators decided on. I feel those comments were in violation of those rules, so I reported them. If you feel that is not classy, that's not my problem.

To sum up, if you are feeling offended by sexual and/or gay jokes(which, in this case aren't remotely offensive, no matter how you see it, because what a surprise, sexual intercourse is the way to acquire a Sexual Transmitted disease), I am offended by you trying to censor people you don't agree with. That simple. 

You're right, those comments were totally unrelated. I'm sure those guys are really just into the idea of STDs in their games, and suggest it in every mod thread ever. They also regularly suggest implementing wound infection and dysentery. :roll:

I'm not offended, I just see the insult. I don't put up with snide comments against myself and my people, certainly not to avoid offending the sensibilities of straight people.

Put it in perspective: let's say we were making a mod about a setting based on medieval sub-Saharan Africa, and those clowns came in to make jokes about adding a watermelon morale item, or roving bands of violent police, or some other anachronistic feature playing on modern offensive stereotypes and sensitive issues in the American black community. Sure, it's a stupid joke and I can just ignore it for the sake of keeping the peace. But should I have to?

Now, I understand this is quite spammy as a post and I sincerely apologize, mainly because Gamanek was polite and cool( :smile:), but if you want to promote something, anything, the attitude of "Agree or shut up" doesn't really help your cause. It makes you seem like a douceweasel, 

Cute ad hominem. But it's not really a place for disagreement; we're making a mod, we're making it to address a feature that we feel is missing from the game, and as far as I'm concerned anyone telling us how to make it is out of line. Suggestions are fine, assertions are not. Does that make more sense?

This post was made to announce the mod and seek technical advice for other modders. We never asked "is this something we should be making", and we never will. The mod has already gotten a lot of attention on the Steam workshop, it's clearly a feature that other people want, so I'm not convinced that we actually need to be over accommodating to anyone who wants to come in and tell us what to make.

And to that end, I'm done discussing this topic. It's an unpleasant tangent, and as I said the matter has been reported and is now irrelevant.

Er... Because he likely was? I mean, no one is saying he's specifically homosexual (as opposed to bisexual, etc), but there's no reason to believe he was straight. Particularly because we have historical records speaking of his sexual relationship with "an exceptionally good looking eunuch in the flower of his youth", Bagoas.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/booked/2011/02/10/alexander-the-great-gay-or-straight/

http://www.pothos.org/content/index.php?page=lovers

The next person to std here, gets one from me. And it will be the bloody red type of batch std.

(Before more of you get their panties in a twist - im talking about a mute.)

CutContent said:
Well..... Atleast this is something new and unique

Thank you, didn't think it was so revolutionary, honestly  :shock: when we hit a 10k subscribers on Steam i was like "holy shot. Holy. Shot. Looks like we got ourselves in an unexpected focus", but well, thanks!  :mrgreen:

GingyAjax said:
How about std's killing off your troops if you wait to long in a town.
This, I always felt like a homosexual STD feature was just the thing Warband needed.

Hazzardevil said:
Why is it called Stone Wall?

'Cause it's gayyyyy.

Honestly, though, it is a little misleading and arguably sort of disrespectful. It's got nothing at all to do with the Stonewall Riots, doesn't feature the drag queens and trans women and street kids that started it all. It sort of feels like an empty namedrop.

There's been a little discussion on the dev team about changing the name, but at this point that would mean pulling it from the Steam Workshop and resubmitting it.

CyberFunk said:
There's been a little discussion on the dev team about changing the name, but at this point that would mean pulling it from the Steam Workshop and resubmitting it.
Pretty sure you don't have to remove it from the Steam Workshop and reupload it in order to change the title.

If you go to the Workshop item and look under the Owner Controls, there should be an "Edit title & description". Simply edit the title.

Reus said:
Pretty sure you don't have to remove it from the Steam Workshop and reupload it in order to change the title.

If you go to the Workshop item and look under the Owner Controls, there should be an "Edit title & description". Simply edit the title.

Google lied to me!

Yeah, I don't have owner controls. That'll be up to Gamanek then.

Just thought it was a good name. The mod is about inserting in a medieval game same-sex relationships. If you ask me, it sounds edgy to pursue such a public romance in such times. But however, it's not like I'm mad jealous of the name.

But it's not top notch priority, we'll eventually change it after things will be fixed. Consider it a codename in the meantime. :eek:

Ooo, love that there's actually a mod for this! This was something I always kinda looked for in mods but never really found. I hope to play this as soon as I can get my hands on it.  :grin:

Could somebody please re-upload the file somewhere?

I don't really care about the more ambitious features, I'm quite happy with just the removal of gender checks.

sorrynameused said:
Could somebody please re-upload the file somewhere?

I don't really care about the more ambitious features, I'm quite happy with just the removal of gender checks.

anybody? i'll attempt to remove the gender checks myself, but it's much easier when i have someone elses mod to reverse engineer.

Please please can you upload just a simple gender checks removal?
Anyone with a working link???
The Steam file is down, and it is not on ModDB

I don't care about extended stuff, really, only need this
My lesboqueen is getting lonely...

Back
Top Bottom