SP Native [WB] The Stone Wall Project 0.2

Users who are viewing this thread

No. There isn't a new faction in truth. More like a new spawning party/template. They aren't gay-friendly.

Can I be honest?

This mod sound interesting. Same sex relationships were and are part of life, so it certainly adds realism to the mod. Now, my reservations: if the mod is just centered around the romance, that wouldn't be good. Mount and Blade -as stated in its title- is all about combat. And plenty of hairless men sticking others with pointy things.

Thing is, I really believe it would be equally interesting and good if you were to add many items, change troops, overhaul combat in a pattern according to the mod or your preference. My point is, please don't stick to romance, gay or hetero.

Another suggestion: Don't invest much into a gay-hunting mini-faction. A Gay Klux Klan? Pretty soon, you will have to make gay troops fight with straight troops, because of sexuality. For a medieval sandbox game, that sounds a bit silly.

Of course, it's your mod and you will decide what to do, but that is my opinion. The mod has a really big potential to add realism and many good stuff, but it has a danger(for me, at least) to become corny. So, take care and amaze us!  :smile:

It's not a Klan so much an Inquisition. But I don't entirely disagree. The mod is being developed as a team effort; for now, I'm just focusing on the parts that are important to me. Homophobic armies are not it.

That said, I think the romance overhaul is a core feature. The game already makes a game mechanic out of heterosexuality. By not participating, you miss out on a lot of fun content—especially when you're wooing women. Eloping, dueling rival suitors, covert visits with anxious nannies. It's good stuff, and it could be even more fleshed out. I think, if the default game makes an important game feature out of heterosexuality, it is only fair and appropriate that our mod open it up to homosexuality as well. And bisexuality—who's to say you can't romance Chaurka Noyan and and his sister?

With that goal in mind, new items and troops and combat things don't really make sense.

Ok. I understand that a core feature is the romance. But, a lot of people, like me, play Mount and Blade mainly(not entirely, mind you) for the battle part. A mod that is solely centered in romance? I don't know. While romace is a core feature of Warband, the center is battle and conquest. I just fear that by cenetering to romance, something will be missed.

Again, I completely agree with you, a wider options for romance will add realism, besides the new options it will present. I admit I would really like to see lords fight with lords over another lord. But, again, you and the team will decide, so...

Best of luck!  :smile:

I love the battle part too. And I see what you're saying. But this isn't about appealing to the widest demographic; it ain't like anyone's gonna pay us for this. This is first and foremost about addressing a missing feature.

And given that the mod has about 1000 subscribers on the Steam Workshop last I checked, I'm not too worried about its popularity. :smile:

That said, it's still super busted and nowhere near a finished, stable state.

I think you should keep in mind that at this point, if your plan is to keep everything the same up to becoming a lord, you are going to have issues. I've done that so many times I want something new.

Being the male lover of the king at the start of a campaign appeals to me, on the other hand being an inquisitor looking for the "sexual deviants" and going through a quest chain of inquisiting different people to ferret out the people that are in the wrong in this land would be something different.

Hazzardevil said:
I think you should keep in mind that at this point, if your plan is to keep everything the same up to becoming a lord, you are going to have issues. I've done that so many times I want something new.

Then you're welcome to make something new. We're discussing making this mod open source, in which case you could even make it part of the mod. But we have explicit goals with this mod, and they are not altogether simple. We do intend to recreate the mod for Bannerlord, at which point we will be more open to suggestions for additional features.

Just a notice: this mod is actually in development and isn't even close to "that's this and just this". We are working on it - although right now there is a little slowdown because of holidays and less free time we want to invest in the mod - and we're pretty much shaping the basis. When the basis will be done, we'll think about the rest too. Though, we don't want the mod to dramatically change the game, just adjust a missing feature and spice things up a bit.

If a moderator can remove the 2 comments above this one, it would be good. They seem a little too hateful to me, but maybe I'm an unfunny person.

Ok, thanks for the update. One piece of advice, quite unrelated with the mod, though. You cannot ask moderators to remove comments just because you don't like them, dude. You can report those and any posts you want, provided they break the forum rules, as they are posted in the News section, top right corner of the screen. But you cannot say "I don't agree/don't like that, delete it." Besides, I cannot say they seem hateful, they are meant to be funny, a bit to the silly side. Plus, it'd be actually a cool feature. Not the butter stuff, the normal deaths. There is the desertion feature in the game, when the troops are low on morale. That could be easily edited to transform desertion into death by snu-snu disease. Strictly speaking, that would be quite realistic.  :wink:

"Gays = STDs hurr durr" is not really the pinnacle of wit and class, and does actually send a clear message to us and others reading.

You can defend free speech and rail against censorship, but this isn't actually a public forum; it's TaleWorlds' forum, and they have every right to decide what kind of speech they want to host. And, just so we're clear, the third rule listed in the forum rules reads:

"No derogatory or discriminatory remarks based on ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, nationality or gender. No hate propaganda, and no racism." (emphasis added)

When I control the internet and can remove the comments and others like them all across the web, you can start complaining about censorship. But last I checked, I wasn't your ISP. :p

That said, I've reported the posts to the mods, and will otherwise leave it alone; it's out of my hands.

Antonis said:
Plus, it'd be actually a cool feature. Not the butter stuff, the normal deaths. There is the desertion feature in the game, when the troops are low on morale. That could be easily edited to transform desertion into death by snu-snu disease. Strictly speaking, that would be quite realistic.  :wink:

In what way? Just because you're gay doesn't mean your soldiers are gay. And realistically, syphilis was the only STD killing people in those times. Syphilis, which spread primarily through heterosexual intercourse with prostitutes. It's not actually a cool feature to throw into the gay romance mod.

It's cool Antonis. But I think we're stretching it a bit. We'll eventually see, but we would then need to slice the population in half, considering the promiscous noblesse and the brothels around the towns (especially Swadian :fruity: ) and we want our mod to be disease-free: death only by honour! (or murder... or robbing. Well,those are a lot of ways to die anyway)

P.S. if you can please stop with the unnecessary spam in the thread about censorship, it would be tot cool. It's a mod thread, not an off-topic discussion. I know we all love to fight for our liberty of speech, but I included that "maybe i'm an unfunny person" in the request, signaling that maybe I'm just overjudging it. Now, if you can please respect this thread and make it drama-free, it would be totally polite. Otherwise, I check in a couple of times in a month, so it will be cool anyway.

BerserkerRezo said:
What is the point of this mod?

To overhaul the romance system to allow ladies a chance to woo ladies and lords a chance to woo lords.

They made a game feature of heterosexuality, so we're just opening up the options a bit.

Dude, seriously, you need to let some steam off. Like, a lot. I didn't think I said anywhere "STDs are tranmitted only by homosexual intercourse".

CyberFunk said:
And realistically, syphilis was the only STD killing people in those times. Syphilis, which spread primarily through heterosexual intercourse with prostitutes. It's not actually a cool feature to throw into the gay romance mod.

Well, thanks, because that's pretty much what I wanted to say. A feature missing from the game and a cause for many troubled souls during the entire world history.

And Taleworlds, IS a public forum. Anyone can be a member, even if he/she doesn't play the game, that's not a requirement. And while the Administrators(the staff members of Taleworlds) can censor and make the Moderators censor, and since we are talking about witty and classy acts, making a forum to basically promote your game, since you are a company and encouraging Freedom of Speech, yeah...censorship is a REALLY classy and witty way to achieve you goals and promote your game.

To sum up, if you are feeling offended by sexual and/or gay jokes(which, in this case aren't remotely offensive, no matter how you see it, because what a surprise, sexual intercourse is the way to acquire a Sexual Transmitted disease), I am offended by you trying to censor people you don't agree with. That simple. 

Now, I understand this is quite spammy as a post and I sincerely apologize, mainly because Gamanek was polite and cool( :smile:), but if you want to promote something, anything, the attitude of "Agree or shut up" doesn't really help your cause. It makes you seem like a douceweasel, 

You can make a very original mod, with realism and some very cool features, and I cannot say I would mind a gay romance quest line, if nothing else, just to see how you will handle it and what can you pass as message though it, because you can(and in my opinion should) exploit that. Just saying.

Back
Top Bottom