SP Native Musket Era [WB] The Atrocity

Users who are viewing this thread

That other post is getting to long so I am just going to use this as a reference for all the OSP I will or might use

WILL USE:

Diplomacy as suggested by otto

Plannning on using:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,121815.0.html Ironsights mod, I think that would look really cool on the muskets, I am going to have to test it first however to see if it actually works.

Nord recruit EDIT: Perhaps equip the Nord recruits with pistols? - Yes, love the idea, keep the same melee weapons aswell :grin:
                                                                            |
                                                                  Nord militia EDIT: Or maybe give the militia pistols instead of muskets? - Hmmm, going on the blunderbuss idea, i would suggest that as there main weapon, decent weapon, but seperating from militia from regular
                                                                        |
                                                                  Nord Regular - I suggest keeping the same, nice units, all round good, maybe a more Nordic heavy axe instead of the axe from the Veagir militia
                                                                          ^
                                                Nord sharpshooter  Nord pistol cav (yet to be added) - Keep the sharpshooters the same, maybe lighter armor and maybe even adding crouching for them, and nord pistol cav with shield and nice axe for battle?
                                                      |                                          |
(Haven't decided yet, suggestions welcome)                  Nord carbine cav
                                |                                                      /
                      Nord officer - ---->>    (Maybe a Marshal class)
My suggestions are in green, of course if they go against your ideas, dont use them, just kinda putting my thoughts along with yours. If you can code it correctly or even use the muskatoon code from NW, you can make the blunderbuss more or less a shotgun for the militia. And the main problem is the mesh for the cartridges, but then the mod is in debug mode, which you use for the making, but its really hard to play with for recreation, the codes keep slowling you down and sometimes you can't see damage markers or kill indicators, but other then that, the mod is really fun, and can't wait to see how the mod turns out :grin:

And love the iron sight idea, can't wait to see it in action  :smile:

jbebes said:
                                                                  Nord recruit EDIT: Perhaps equip the Nord recruits with pistols? - Yes, love the idea, keep the same melee weapons aswell :grin:
                                                                            |
                                                                  Nord militia EDIT: Or maybe give the militia pistols instead of muskets? - Hmmm, going on the blunderbuss idea, i would suggest that as there main weapon, decent weapon, but seperating from militia from regular
                                                                        |
                                                                  Nord Regular - I suggest keeping the same, nice units, all round good, maybe a more Nordic heavy axe instead of the axe from the Veagir militia
                                                                          ^
                                                Nord sharpshooter  Nord pistol cav (yet to be added) - Keep the sharpshooters the same, maybe lighter armor and maybe even adding crouching for them, and nord pistol cav with shield and nice axe for battle?
                                                      |                                          |
(Haven't decided yet, suggestions welcome)                  Nord carbine cav
                                |                                                      /
                      Nord officer - ---->>    (Maybe a Marshal class)
My suggestions are in green, of course if they go against your ideas, dont use them, just kinda putting my thoughts along with yours. If you can code it correctly or even use the muskatoon code from NW, you can make the blunderbuss more or less a shotgun for the militia. And the main problem is the mesh for the cartridges, but then the mod is in debug mode, which you use for the making, but its really hard to play with for recreation, the codes keep slowling you down and sometimes you can't see damage markers or kill indicators, but other then that, the mod is really fun, and can't wait to see how the mod turns out :grin:

And love the iron sight idea, can't wait to see it in action  :smile:

The suggestions are welcome! I will go along with most of them, except for the crouching one for the sharpshooters, because I believe the AI won't even use it. To be honest I don't even have NW, but the blunderbuss will be added and I already found an OSP for one so I won't have to worry about modelling or texturing. I'll remove the debug mode for next version then, hopefully that will fix the lag and such.

Iron sights sounds really cool to me, make it much more fun and perhaps increase the mods popularity because I haven't seen any other mod with the ironsights.

If you have anything else that you would like to be added into the game, just mention in it!

I also suggest adding me on steam if you would like to follow the mod more closely, steam name is : Caesar15

jbebes said:
Scrat555 said:
Also, the cartrige mesh is absent, so the guns can only fire one shot. Maybe thats just me...
I think you can still select the cartiges and equip it in the inventory, you can see it, but its still there, and you can still use the meshes.
Thank you! Man, every time I come on these forums (quite often), I am always reminded of how great the M&B community is! :grin:

Alright I tested the ironsight OSP and it works fine, it's not like in a first person shooter which I kinda wanted but it is better than nothing. I won't show pictures because you'll all see it soon enough once the next little alpha is released.

Oh yah, I remember what it was else that I was gonna say in my other post. Maybe sum kind of smoke and not just sound for the rifles?

EDIT: You have some serious balancing to do, too. I mean, I won a battle against a vaegir army with 0 casualties on equal numbers with the new muskets. Maybe lower accuracy or a lot slower reloading. Or giving the other factions somehow hard to get own muskets or something

Othurin said:
Oh yah, I remember what it was else that I was gonna say in my other post. Maybe sum kind of smoke and not just sound for the rifles?

EDIT: You have some serious balancing to do, too. I mean, I won a battle against a vaegir army with 0 casualties on equal numbers with the new muskets. Maybe lower accuracy or a lot slower reloading. Or giving the other factions somehow hard to get own muskets or something

I am definetly increasing reload speed, I had to decrease it to fix a bug but I found a way to increase it again, well shred told me.

I am also thinking about another thing for balancing, since the muskets the Nords use are flintlock ones, it seems that if they have those advanced guns the other factions should get something gunpowder, perhaps some select few factions will get arquebus's, so it sorta fits in and does some balancing.

On second thought Diplomacy will not be implemented since it messes up some stuff that I originally did.

Or high upgrade costs denari/experience

EDIT: Now I had somewhere around 30 and the enemy had above 60, I lost no-one, killed 40 and 20 of theirs retreated. Maybe their morale needs to be tweaked and I think the AI needs to be tweaked so it charges, now they try to have ranged duels with me, when they're using bows, which kinda means they provide 0 difficulty. Possibly Nord villages giving fewer men, the lords having smaller armies than enemies?

EDIT 2: Now I faced some first difficulty in a siege where the enemy sallied out of ~30 vs ~90. I still kill a lot but all their archers man.

Othurin said:
Or high upgrade costs denari/experience

EDIT: Now I had somewhere around 30 and the enemy had above 60, I lost no-one, killed 40 and 20 of theirs retreated. Maybe their morale needs to be tweaked and I think the AI needs to be tweaked so it charges, now they try to have ranged duels with me, when they're using bows, which kinda means they provide 0 difficulty. Possibly Nord villages giving fewer men, the lords having smaller armies than enemies?

EDIT 2: Now I faced some first difficulty in a siege where the enemy sallied out of ~30 vs ~90. I still kill a lot but all their archers man.

Reloading speeds are decreased so hopefully that will even it out.

EDIT: 29 V.S 29

On farmhouse, nords lost, about 18 vagiers dead, all the nords were ranged v.s default selection of vagiers.

Back
Top Bottom