SP Native Musket Era [WB] The Atrocity

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello there fellow warband players, modders, or whatever you would like to be called, I present to you, my very own mod, The Atrocity!

This mod, too sum it up, is simply about an inventor  leaving in a nord village, who studies sulfur, and, you see where I am going, gets gunpowder and ends up with a musket, so in this scenario he innovates it many times and ends up with a typical musket from the 7 years war, oh and also creates an early musket with a rifled barrel. A nord lord asks him for some of his weapons to test them in combat, he gets payed, and they both are happy with the deal. Overtime he realized that this new invention owns and the nord lord uses it in his armies and it eventually spreads to all the nordic armies. You, start adventuring and have an idea that footman and archers aren't needed, and only cavalry and musketeers are needed to win a battle. So, will you take this idea to the next level and dominate the more traditional swadian and other factions of Caldaria? Or will only use small amounts of these and stay too tradition, your choice, but war is inevitable, not just war, but, TOTAL WAR: FALL OF TRADITIONAL CALADARA

So basically vikings with guns.

FEATURES:

Nord ranged units equipped with pristine,shiny, unreleased models made by Shredzorz the Great

One new nordic cav unit, equipped with a carbine.

Ranged units uniforms are less random, and look more realistic to each type of unit.

New mercenaries in taverns that include mercenary Musket Infantry

Features that I want:

New uniform textures for nord musketeers

Redone factions to make them more hostile towards the innovative nords

Please suggest more stuff for feedback

I am not going to release this anytime soon unless a significant number of people really want it to be released, although it is 100% playable now.

And of course, last but not least, the previews!

I have a whole album here: http://imageshack.us/g/715/2012102200004.jpg/

DOWNLOAD:

http://www.mediafire.com/?k18ixwz91iqzjgx

Uhtred Ragnarson said:
Very cool.

Caesar15 said:
Windbusche said:
Looking forward to the first release.
Looks very promising. :wink:. Good luck.

I can give you an early beta once I finish up some stuff if you woul like :wink:

Me too please!  :mrgreen:

You know what, this fits in "if a significant number of people want it" So in that case I'll release an early alpha within a week most likley.

SeanBeansShako said:
Can I suggest joining forces with Mount And Blade Imperialism? the guy working on it does really need some help.

Wow, his is significantly different from my mod, I mean he has way more work done and his aim is quite different from mine, as for me it's more like innovative new weapons v.s traditional medieval society. While his is like a singleplayer AoFi but with native factions and culture.

http://www.mediafire.com/?k18ixwz91iqzjgx

This first alpha includes:

Nord ranged units redone in campaign, given muskets and different uniforms (still native ones though) More tiers of ranged nordic troops are also added (2 new tiers I believe, one consisted of carbine cavalry)

6 guns added, 2 pistols, 3 muskets, and 1 rifle.

Gun prices are balanced acccording to the quality of each gun

In taverns occasionally you will see mercenary musketeers up for hire

New music added, main theme and various campaign music changed, some vanilla music still remains in campaign and battle music has not changed at all, any suggestions on changing the battle music are totally welcome.

There are others I can't really think of at the moment.

NOTE: Multiplayer version not being worked on but if enough people request I might consider it

NOTE 2: When entering the market place you will receive an error about a missing mesh, ignore that as the rifle bullets are invisible so they don't appear floating mid-air

Have fun and make sure to leave feedback.

I was right about to vote the last when I saw the last text  :cry:

EDIT: Started playing, so far I can say you could probably add a disclaimer of sorts to the cheating option, that it would say are you sure you want to use this, it will pretty much **** your game up, instead of it instantly happening.

matmannen said:
No screenies?  :cry:

There are screenies, there's a link to an album in the first post, right above the download link. If you are too lazy to look for it (kidding of course) then here is the link to the album: http://imageshack.us/g/715/2012102200004.jpg/ Note: ignore the black floating things those were a part of a bug that was fixed.

Othurin said:
I was right about to vote the last when I saw the last text  :cry:

EDIT: Started playing, so far I can say you could probably add a disclaimer of sorts to the cheating option, that it would say are you sure you want to use this, it will pretty much **** your game up, instead of it instantly happening.

Ah yes the "CHEAT" option, that was a mere thing I was using to test, I'll keep it there if anyone likes to try it, if people don't know what we are talking about then let me show you

When you are customizing your character and at the very end where you get to choose where to go "Nords, Swadians etc.." there is another option called "CHEAT!" this basically gives you a saved game where you have a bunch of troops and a set amount of items, I recommend ignoring this, next version I'll remove the option.

Bad Idea said:
good luck with this mod, fellow Twilight  :mrgreen:

Aha! Thank you fellow student

I love the idea behind this, and when the errors get patched up this will be really nice, but one thing, maybe instead of muskets, maybe more like shotgun like firearms that are for close range, and more of a mix with the heavy infantry, where they get some pistols? And I was testing it, and even Swadian knights got shot down, so maybe increase horse and walking speeds so the enemy won't be completely destroyed from a band of regulars and sharpshooters?

I'd say, the idea is very good, but since it's just an alpha already, there's a lot that can be improved/added, so I voted good but needs improvements. For example, all the rifles etc are spelled Caldarian, instead of the proper Calradian. Maybe you could add some of the OSP things that's very common in mods like say diplomacy if you haven't already. Possibly remake some dialogue in the intro quest to introduce to the back story, or tavern keepers? I think there was something else but that I forgot, I'll edit/post again if I find more.
EDIT: I am ACTUALLY NOT the guy who voted it sucks, I can post image evidence if ya don't believe me :razz:

Scrat555 said:
Also, the cartrige mesh is absent, so the guns can only fire one shot. Maybe thats just me...
I think you can still select the cartiges and equip it in the inventory, you can see it, but its still there, and you can still use the meshes.

jbebes said:
I love the idea behind this, and when the errors get patched up this will be really nice, but one thing, maybe instead of muskets, maybe more like shotgun like firearms that are for close range, and more of a mix with the heavy infantry, where they get some pistols? And I was testing it, and even Swadian knights got shot down, so maybe increase horse and walking speeds so the enemy won't be completely destroyed from a band of regulars and sharpshooters?

Like blunderbuss kinda things? The Nord officers already carry pistols, but they are later tier, perhaps instead of having to get all those experience on a unit just to get it that high I can make it so after the Nord Regular you can either upgrade to the nord cav (which I am planning on adding another cav unit that uses pistols that will be before the Nord carbine cav, thanks to your suggestion) or you can upgrade from regular to a sharpshooter, like it is now, but then after that it will go to possibly a new unit....then after that officer, lemme make a graph to show what I mean.

Nord recruit EDIT: Perhaps equip the Nord recruits with pistols?
                                                                            |
                                                                  Nord militia EDIT: Or maybe give the militia pistols instead of muskets?
                                                                        |
                                                                  Nord Regular
                                                                          ^
                                            Nord sharpshooter  Nord pistol cav (yet to be added)
                                                      |                                          |
(Haven't decided yet, suggestions welcome)                  Nord carbine cav
                                |                                                               
                      Nord officer

There's my graph, if anyone wants to suggest more units to be added to the tree, or what to put in for the upgrade from nord sharpshooter, please do suggest, I love suggestions, in fact, I need them, if you want something added, just ask, I probably will do it.

Alright so in response to the guy I was originally quoting, I am actually going to decreased the damaged a bit on the muskets so someone in heavy armor has a better chance of surviving, but if you're unarmored you are pretty much dead.

Also, can you be specfic on which bugs, I may not know of them, or if I do I would like to see the priority in which you would like them fixed.

Othurin said:
I'd say, the idea is very good, but since it's just an alpha already, there's a lot that can be improved/added, so I voted good but needs improvements. For example, all the rifles etc are spelled Caldarian, instead of the proper Calradian. Maybe you could add some of the OSP things that's very common in mods like say diplomacy if you haven't already. Possibly remake some dialogue in the intro quest to introduce to the back story, or tavern keepers? I think there was something else but that I forgot, I'll edit/post again if I find more.
EDIT: I am ACTUALLY NOT the guy who voted it sucks, I can post image evidence if ya don't believe me :razz:

Ah yes early alpha, much more will be in the final version. Please Otto, tell me what you would like to be added, I very much appreicate suggestions in order to make the mod better. Thank you for noticing that error I will fix it right now.  As for the intro, sure, I will change it so it fits well into the story I put in, and of course, recommending the Nords to play as. What about the tavern keepers? Ah diplomacy good idea I will take a look through the OSP stuff and add some that I think that are needed and ask everyone else if they would like them.

Scrat555 said:
Also, the cartrige mesh is absent, so the guns can only fire one shot. Maybe thats just me...

The ammo is invisible, but it's easy to notice in the marketplace as there will be that spot that is just black, and whenever you hover over it will say the name and specifications.

jbebes said:
Scrat555 said:
I think you can still select the cartiges and equip it in the inventory, you can see it, but its still there, and you can still use the meshes.
Thanks for clearing that up for him.

NOTE FOR EVERYONE: Adding me on steam if you have suggestions that keep on popping up or questions about the mod that need answering quickly, please add : Caesar15

Back
Top Bottom