SP Sci-Fi [WB] Star Wars: Rebellion

Users who are viewing this thread

Essencey

Recruit

star-wars-episode-7-image.jpg

Estimated release date: April 2016. This is not confirmed, however.

Star Wars: Rebellion aims to bring a fresh, singleplayer Star Wars experience to Mount and Blade: Warband.

The main, confirmed features of the mod:

The Setting:

The mod will be set in the Star Wars universe, at 0 ABY. For those of you who do not know, ABY stands for After Battle of Yavin, which marks a significant point in the universe, the rebels destroying the first Death Star. This is when the galaxy, and the Empire, knew that the rebels were a real threat, and so it is a good point for the mod to begin in.

The Factions:

The mod will include the three main forces in Star Wars, at the time of 0 ABY. These are, as follows:

The Rebel Alliance:

The Rebel Alliance stood bravely against the evil of the Galactic Empire, never backing down despite overwhelming odds. Formed from resistance movements that arose during the Clone Wars, the Rebellion worked in secret for decades to overthrow the Emperor and restore democracy to the galaxy.

The Galactic Empire:
The Galactic Empire ruled for years through fear, intimidation, and tyranny. With a mighty military force including stormtroopers, spy technology like probe droids, and the planet-destroying Death Star, Emperor Palpatine’s regime seemed unstoppable and permanent. But some dared to strike back…

The Hutt Cartel:
The Hutt Clan was one of the most powerful crime families in the galaxy, making riches through smuggling and myriad illegal businesses across worlds. They were governed by the Hutt Grand Council, a committee of elder Hutts that would advise on strategy and make decisions on inter-family disputes. Among the most notorious -- and feared -- Hutts was Jabba, a ruthless gangster whose influence reached much further than his home base of Tatooine.

Force Powers:
The mod will include several force powers, varying between light and dark powers. This system is already partly implemented, and it strives to be different from the other Star Wars mod out there - no more shooting the powers like a crossbow, or throwing weapon. The main Force Powers I aim to include are:

Dark Side Powers:

Force Lightning
Force Choke/kill
Force Blast
Force Fear

Neutral Force Powers:

Force Grip
Force Push
Force Pull

Light Side Powers:

Force Heal
Mind Trick

And more, in the future.

A new, custom map.

I am developing a map of the Star Wars universe currently, and there will be both ship battles, and ground battles.

Meet your favorite characters; or destroy them.

I aim to include special dialog with certain famous characters. Be it Luke Skywalker, or Darth Vader, you will have the chance to talk to these individuals, with special dialog, or attempt to kill them. You will also have the option of assassins.

Thank you for reading, and I will update as I go along! Please leave suggestions or feedback.  :wink:

Thank you.

It is mainly a solo project, however I have some people helping me accomplish this.

Will upload a screenshot of the overhead map as soon as it's complete.

Sounds hyper ambitious so good luck. I'm not a huge SW fan but I'll definitely play that one when it's out =) Will the player be restricted to the human race or will some aliens be playable too ?

Hello, and thanks for the good luck.

I will definitely work on several alien races available for the player, after all, the diversity of races is what makes Star Wars Star Wars in many ways.

You need to be more precise with the release date, like in April 1st, 2016.
No posting history bodes well, no baggage of failed mod threads or trolling.
:iamamoron:

MadVader said:
What mods? Links? You have just made this account here and have no forum history.

I haven't released those mods, they've been personal. However, I am willing to add some finishing touches to one that's near-done and upload it if you'd like?

No, I was just interested in your modding experience. I'm afraid you don't have one to pull off a project like this.
But that shouldn't stop you from trying.

MadVader said:
No, I was just interested in your modding experience. I'm afraid you don't have one to pull off a project like this.
But that shouldn't stop you from trying.

Well, we'll wait and see  :wink:

Back
Top Bottom