SP Sci-Fi [WB] Star Wars: Rebellion

Users who are viewing this thread

Keep it up bro! Will surely play this mod once it comes out and it's playeable. Hopefully it won't get dropped since I haven't see any Star Wars mods for MB:Warband(or I didn't look enough).

MrSplashy said:
Keep it up bro! Will surely play this mod once it comes out and it's playeable. Hopefully it won't get dropped since I haven't see any Star Wars mods for MB:Warband(or I didn't look enough).

Check out Bear Force 2.

MrSplashy said:
Just stick with Conquest for M&B.

Essencey said:

star-wars-episode-7-image.jpg

Estimated release date: April 2016. This is not confirmed, however.

Star Wars: Rebellion aims to bring a fresh, singleplayer Star Wars experience to Mount and Blade: Warband.

The main, confirmed features of the mod:

The Setting:

The mod will be set in the Star Wars universe, at 0 ABY. For those of you who do not know, ABY stands for After Battle of Yavin, which marks a significant point in the universe, the rebels destroying the first Death Star. This is when the galaxy, and the Empire, knew that the rebels were a real threat, and so it is a good point for the mod to begin in.

The Factions:

The mod will include the three main forces in Star Wars, at the time of 0 ABY. These are, as follows:

The Rebel Alliance:

The Rebel Alliance stood bravely against the evil of the Galactic Empire, never backing down despite overwhelming odds. Formed from resistance movements that arose during the Clone Wars, the Rebellion worked in secret for decades to overthrow the Emperor and restore democracy to the galaxy.

The Galactic Empire:
The Galactic Empire ruled for years through fear, intimidation, and tyranny. With a mighty military force including stormtroopers, spy technology like probe droids, and the planet-destroying Death Star, Emperor Palpatine’s regime seemed unstoppable and permanent. But some dared to strike back…

The Hutt Cartel:
The Hutt Clan was one of the most powerful crime families in the galaxy, making riches through smuggling and myriad illegal businesses across worlds. They were governed by the Hutt Grand Council, a committee of elder Hutts that would advise on strategy and make decisions on inter-family disputes. Among the most notorious -- and feared -- Hutts was Jabba, a ruthless gangster whose influence reached much further than his home base of Tatooine.

Force Powers:
The mod will include several force powers, varying between light and dark powers. This system is already partly implemented, and it strives to be different from the other Star Wars mod out there - no more shooting the powers like a crossbow, or throwing weapon. The main Force Powers I aim to include are:

Dark Side Powers:

Force Lightning
Force Choke/kill
Force Blast
Force Fear

Neutral Force Powers:

Force Grip
Force Push
Force Pull

Light Side Powers:

Force Heal
Mind Trick

And more, in the future.

A new, custom map.

I am developing a map of the Star Wars universe currently, and there will be both ship battles, and ground battles.

Meet your favorite characters; or destroy them.

I aim to include special dialog with certain famous characters. Be it Luke Skywalker, or Darth Vader, you will have the chance to talk to these individuals, with special dialog, or attempt to kill them. You will also have the option of assassins.

Confirmed Races:

Twi'lek - Both Genders
Wookie
Vahla - Both Genders
Rodian
- And more. Screenshots of these races will be added soon.

Thank you for reading, and I will update as I go along! Please leave suggestions or feedback.  :wink:

Got a suggestion for the Dark Side/Sith if a player is going to choose it when he choose the "Jedi" option on character screen, have the player go on a quest to find one of the Siths or Dark Side users and do quests and such for them so that it could add a bit of immersion to the mod and lastly is that we should have Droids and things. I want to be a R2D2 or something.

Wonder if you will consider adding the Mandalorian Protectors? In that time period, they are good fighters but poorly armed, at most with Imperial E-11 rifles, although a few still have the really powerful Mandalorian armour.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Mandalorian_Protectors#Rebirth_and_insurgency

Consider adding to what? :smile:
No screenshots = no progress.

Not to be too snarky, the OP needs to learn about modding first. You do that by asking questions and looking for help in the Forge, or even this thread, not by being secretive and defensive.
This whole thread is probably an overreaction to the hype around Ep7 and not a real attempt at making a mod. At best, the OP would learn a few things about modding before bailing out, at worst, he'll abandon the thread in a week or so.

So adjust your expectations accordingly and stay in reality before requesting Mandalorian codpieces and the ability to play as R2D2 ( :iamamoron: :facepalm:).

May I suggest, as selectable Races/Genders:
Human Male/Female 0/1 - no bonus in this character-build choice but bonuses comes through later choices i.e.birth planet : Coruscant, Naboo, Dantooine, Taris, Tatooine, Alderaan and even Mandalore (since mandalorians are identical to humans makes no sense creating a different mandalorian race).

Twi'Lek Male/Female 2/3 - bonus in Charisma and Persuasion

Chiss Male/Female 4/5 - bonus in intelligence, leadership and tactics

Zabrak Male/Female 6/7 - bonus in strength and dark side force

Vahla Male/Female 8/9 (Due to their size) - bonus in strenght and either dark, neutral or light force powers (based on later decision)

Sith Pureblood Male/Female 10/11 - great bonus in dark side force

Rattataki Male/Female 12/13 - bonus in strenght, agility

Jawa 14 (due to their size) - (can function also as a base race for Yoda character)

Droid 15 (since they can be given custom "sounds" and electronic sparks for "blood").

Races that appear through "fake" items, usually "fake" heads:
Wookie (Use vahla as base since Vahla are supposed to be larger than humans) (Also, hard to picture a wookie player wearing all sorts of armor)

Mon Calamari (Unique head shape - Heads with "helmets" need to be unique helmets)

Rodian (Unique head shape - Heads with "helmets" need to be unique helmets)

Sullustan (Unique head shape - Heads with "helmets" need to be unique helmets)

Trandoshan (Unique head shape - Heads with "helmets" need to be unique helmets)

Bothan (Unique head shape - Heads with "helmets" need to be unique helmets)

Gamorrean (Unique body and head shape - hard to picture a gamorrean player wearing all sorts of armor and helmets. Maybe use Vahla as base since Vahla are larger than humans)

Nikto (Have various "types" of head best to deal with different "helmets")

Weequay (They have thick skin so it's logical their "Head" would be a quite resistant helmet)

Selkath (Unique head shape)

MadVader said:

Not to be too snarky, the OP needs to learn about modding first. You do that by asking questions and looking for help in the Forge, or even this thread, not by being secretive and defensive.
This whole thread is probably an overreaction to the hype around Ep7 and not a real attempt at making a mod. At best, the OP would learn a few things about modding before bailing out, at worst, he'll abandon the thread in a week or so.

So adjust your expectations accordingly and stay in reality before requesting Mandalorian codpieces and the ability to play as R2D2 ( :iamamoron: :facepalm:).

Please, if you do not appreciate this:

Just don't click on this post. Currently I am working my ass off on this mod; it's taken up most of my holiday.

And thanks for the feedback and suggestions.

Essencey said:
MadVader said:

Just don't click on this post. Currently I am working my ass off on this mod; it's taken up most of my holiday.

He's got a point...a post about an idea is great and all, but it's nice to see some progress, otherwise it may seem to be just an idea, regardless of the actual progress that's been made.

And to be honest, there have been MANY threads made with a "big idea" full of motication and whatnot that were then abandoned before people saw even the slightest bit of working stuff. So I can understand the scepticism, even if I'd rather give OP the benefit of the doubt since the thread is still super recent.

There is no need to be cynical, let the man work as he pleases and stop pestering him.

Who cares if he ends up flopping? There would be no cost to any one you if that were to happen.

Pilgrim said:
There is no need to be cynical, let the man work as he pleases and stop pestering him.

Who cares if he ends up flopping? There would be no cost to any one you if that were to happen.
Flopping is one thing. Not even doing anything besides having "ideas" is completely different.

Essencey said:
Some screenshots confirming the (current) selectable races will be up later today.

This just proves MadVaders point. Just take a look at the date of the post and tell me how hard it is to post some screenshots when you got two weeks.
Making a thread like this is like a promise. Nobody likes people who break promises.

Airbar said:
Making a thread like this is like a promise. Nobody likes people who break promises.

It's vaguely like a promise in that it is a statement of intent. But it's unlike a promise in that there is no obligation attached, so there's nothing to 'break'. Particularly in a case like this where he isn't asking for others to do all the work for him and isn't soliciting donations.

It's false advertising, even if it's unintentional.

Essencey said:
MadVader said:

This is why people don't start a thread before having something to show. Lesson learned, I hope.
What are you working on?

I think they long stopped checking what kind of screenshots though *cough* http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-battlefront *cough*

Anyway good luck...you'll need it for an overhaul this massive  :wink:

Back
Top Bottom