SP Antiquity [WB] Shadows in the Desert - An Ancient Middle East Mod

Users who are viewing this thread

Just droping this here :wink:
govt20b.jpg
8339687146_5462ea9e11_z.jpg
8338486515_725a591cbf_z.jpg

Thanks Zimke! The first is very interesting, looks like Canaanites/Syrians. Latter two are very cool, one of the many reasons I'm finding (except for the lack of a linothorax) the bronze age Greeks to have a cooler 'style' than the classical bell/cuirass hoplite.

I believe those are highly hypothetical reconstructions of Mycenaeans/Achaeans.

The screenshots look awesome, especially those chariots in the background. One thing, though. The robes seem to be using a shader that hasn't got any fresnel. All armour materials should probably use the shader 'specular_shader_skin_bump_high' (all native armours do). It's a little more intensive than the shaders without any specular, but really almost all clothing/armour should have some specular.

Thanks for the correction Docm, I've been a bit dumb with the speculars so it's mainly been a case of trial and error. Is there a single specular & nospecular shader you suggest for shields? I had an issue of the 'plastic wrap' to a shield until I trial and error'd to a proper shader. I assume that shader gives a bit of a default specularity, without a specular texture file?

I also realize I really should have had speculars for the leather shields I've been toiling on. But leather has been a real pain in the butt to decide on (whether it's grainy/rugged or smooth and such), so I will just keep the trend going with no speculars (at least separate specular textures) on the shields but try and do them for leather/rawhide armor.

Docm30 said:
Roughly between 0-100%.
Oh you...  :lol:

Anyways; it's very hard to tell how many percent of the mod is done. I mean, they might encounter bugs, patches(which may mess up their mod bigtime) etc.
So Docm's estimate is quite correct(how can it not be?) :grin:

I think you want sickle-swords like the Canaanite sickle-sword, the Assyrian sappara, kopis  and the Khopesh.

Assyrian sappara
h2_11.166.1.jpg

Khopesh
Middle_Bronze_Age_Canaanite_sickle_sword.jpg

kopis
Kopisblack1.jpg

What is the role will affect religious cults in the mod ?

Found a beautiful collection of vector images of all the gods of Egypt (for banners or for decoration Architecture).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Jeff_Dahl?rdfrom=commons:User:Jeff_Dahl&uselang=ru

Written on my phone so apologies if poor spelling. Regarding sicle swords - we will have them. Mainly egyptians and caaanotes or israelites. Regarding religious cults - my focus is more on the martial field and i think our focus is more on the military and buildings and such. I am not sure how the cults could function beyond building one at your settlement to get honor or prestige or whTever the term is.

Sahran said:
Written on my phone so apologies if poor spelling. Regarding sicle swords - we will have them. Mainly egyptians and caaanotes or israelites. Regarding religious cults - my focus is more on the martial field and i think our focus is more on the military and buildings and such. I am not sure how the cults could function beyond building one at your settlement to get honor or prestige or whTever the term is.
This is good. :grin:

Do you plan to add:
1. Sound and screams orders in the ancient languages ​​(you can find the files on the network in Hebrew, Persian, Greek ...)
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,8652.msg1417460.html#msg1417460
2. Scripts amputation of limbs, head .. decapitation and amputation
3. Religious system may be directly affected the morale of the troops, the resistance of the cities, the accession of new units and partners, the creation of new quests, create a script sacrifices to improve morale or improve other characteristics ..
4. Do you plan to add siege engines (catapults) .. and scenes of destruction of walls, gates, fences, fire ...
5. Do you plan to add to the game Thracian tribes as unplayable factions
6. Can you show us the banners and flags of all factions
  ???    :grin:

Back
Top Bottom