SP Antiquity [WB] Shadows in the Desert - An Ancient Middle East Mod

Users who are viewing this thread

Stevon said:
FrisianDude said:
Also, many of the source pics in this thread show lions advancing along with the Egyptian troops. This is a thing which happened?
Purportedly, Rameses II (The Great) kept a lion, not only as a palace pet, but also as a battlefield companion. It was said to have been at his side during the famous Battle of Kadesh.

Dogs, boars and other animals were set loose on the battlefield, but would have to be controlled so that them do not kill your own men. It would be very hard to keep a lion from killing your own men in a battle. Rameses II may have had a lion at the Battle of Kadesh or like some kings did he had has scribe make the story of his great victory even greater. Also the lion may have been special trained   

the problem is how is the lion going to know who is the enemy. Maybe it could be trained to only attack what it's master is attacking

In my opinion, what will be missed in the scenes of the royal cities so it's a stretcher for the pharaohs.

kuauik said:
FALX said:
In my opinion, what will be missed in the scenes of the royal cities so it's a stretcher for the pharaohs.
i dont understand your question :???:

Sorry for my english, but this is a technical question and refers to the script and the stretcher portering. The stretcher for scenes in cities... :cool:

show_image_in_imgtag.php
wechnyjmirwozmozhentolxkowraju-6.jpg

It's one of those neat ideas but not really worth the effort in the M&B:W game. By nature the Pharoah is either going to be moving in war (thus on a chariot or on foot), or stationary in a peaceful scene (where at most we could have an unrigged static object of him on that sedan chair).

Yes, you're right, Pharaoh did that, but all the officials, merchants, traders, wealthy dignitaries around the city on a stretcher.
But, it does is not currently worth the cost and effort. Perhaps it is good if you make a static area on a stretcher with a doll.

Bear in mind some textures are WIP, which is why there's some issues with the specularity of the horses (Lynores') or the pants lacking a proper texture. Screenies and Work are by Kuauik. The infantry are Apple Bearers, the cavalry save for the 3rd one are Persians/iranians (3rd is Kuauik's Scythian character)

The shields in the two screenies above are Trojan, just given temporarily to the Apple-Bearers. And the scabbard's weird erection  :mrgreen: is because of placement - I've tilted the scabbards so they can be worn on the correct side (I forget whether it's right or left, just that the Akinakes and Scythian longswords appear to have been worn on the side normally not used)

And ignore the blonde beard - that's my fault, I haven't worked on the face python file yet (and Hittite headwear will cover up beards, since they were clean shaven). Kuauik did the new face you see on the Hittite roughly in the middle - and pretty much everything in that pic. :grin:

Daamn, how did I missed this beauty ? Looks superb everyone, I'm glad to see Docm30's divine creations in another mod :grin: I know most of those names in team though, its like an all-star of modding community I suppose ? :smile:

A lovely battle painting.  :grin:

In this picture horseman holding a heavy ax, a bronze in weight should be a pick and a too heavy for one hand.

G9sPVHJl.jpg

#######################################
Have found an interesting helmet model - Electrotype of the Gold Helmet of Meskalamdug from Ur (Original is in the Iraq museum)
2600 BC (original)  (Source: The British Museum) http://www.britishmuseum.org
AN00842848_001_l.jpg
AN00313259_001_m.jpg

Radetzky said:
Looks great, loving the screenshots! Can't wait till this beauty comes out!

One thing I was wondering when looking at the superb map, wasn't (Ancient) Merv already a place of importance in pre-Islamic history?
erolBW7l.jpg

We've got Merv/Margu on the map, just a bit below where that screenshot ends. We'll probably be adjusting settlement locations and numbers in due time, too.  :grin:

FALX said:
A lovely battle painting.  :grin:

In this picture horseman holding a heavy ax, a bronze in weight should be a pick and a too heavy for one hand.

G9sPVHJl.jpg

the axe is a Scythian Axe it is wide and thin, becasue it is so wide it looks like it is heavy.
also thier should be a iron texture one

here is the axe it is base on
Atilla_4.jpg

Back
Top Bottom