SP Antiquity [WB] Shadows in the Desert - An Ancient Middle East Mod

Users who are viewing this thread

doctorwarband said:
Hey I need resources for my research on Kingdom of Israel.
I wanna start modelling too and I want to try making something like that, so please PM me with resources.
Thank you ahead.

http://www.mediafire.com/?ep7pxc54nh5hukj

Boars tusk helmet
boars_tusk_helmet.jpg

Bronze helmet with  Boars tusk helmet markings
middlehelmet44.jpg

Myceanean helmets 1500-1300 BC Based on pottery, fresco, sculptures rapresentation and partial findings.
elmi10.jpg

Replica of a 13th century BC greek bronze sword(Steel instead of bronzes was used to make this one.
13th%20century%20bc%20greek%20sword%20replica%20koryvantes.jpg

duckwolf2 said:
a Greek bronze winged helmet of Phrygian-chalcidian type late classical period ,circa 4th century B.C

484165_351318861645757_780765305_n.jpg
150819_351319274979049_2038130558_n.jpg

late 7th century B.C
544517_347322998712010_1787862801_n.jpg

are u sure u posted it in the right thread?
4c-7c not very well fits this mod

I found out that they were form the wrong period after posting. I am going to replace them with some 13th century B.C ones

Since Spring 2011, on and off as real life demands and other modding pursuits have also sought our attention, but now we are on focus with SITD.

Curious question; I've just recently started to play Freelancer in Brytenwalda (first time ever trying Freelancer at all really), and I'm enjoying myself quite a bit with it.

My question is, will Freelancer be implemented in this? If so, that would be quite awesome indeed.

ThegnAnsgar said:
Curious question; I've just recently started to play Freelancer in Brytenwalda (first time ever trying Freelancer at all really), and I'm enjoying myself quite a bit with it.

My question is, will Freelancer be implemented in this? If so, that would be quite awesome indeed.
it will be implemented :wink:

It's not a difficult question; it's an impossible question. Modders work entirely in their spare time, and most can't predict how much time they can or are willing to devote to the mod and thus can have no way of knowing when the mod will be ready to release until it's basically finished.

Amazing! I'd like to play it now :grin: It's one of my favourite periods of history though I don't know if I have any info that would be useful for you. But if there are some unknown/unresolved things, ask - maybe I'll know the answer.

Every time I look at this mod there are people who criticise the work  because its not "historically accurate"
Does it really matter if the helmet doesn't have the right colour or if its a little to small.
The mod will take ages to make if everyone is fussing over every little detail

PandaWarrior123 said:
Every time I look at this mod there are people who criticise the work  because its not "historically accurate"
Does it really matter if the helmet doesn't have the right colour or if its a little to small.
Yeah, especially when it's so far back in history. You think that would give the mod author more artistic licence.

I don't recall seeing that kind of criticism much in this thread. I certainly don't see people complaining about the size and colour of helmets.

Anyway, because the mod is set in the distant past doesn't mean one ought to just make things up and take great amounts of artistic license. Certainly many details have to be reconstructed based on hypothesis due to the often scarce evidence. Still, everything made should have some reasoning behind it, and it seems to me like everything in this mod has such reasoning behind it.

Not to say the mod is perfectly accurate, but it doesn't claim to be, does it?

Docm30 said:
Don't mind if a bump this thread with some fancy Achaean armour.

achaeanfancyarmour.jpg
achaeningamefancy.jpg

Never mind the background; the screens were taken in L'Aigle.

I think it'll do very well for fighting whoever the Greeks fought back then. Each other?

Enjoy.
my word, that's lovely.

Also, many of the source pics in this thread show lions advancing along with the Egyptian troops. This is a thing which happened?

FrisianDude said:
Also, many of the source pics in this thread show lions advancing along with the Egyptian troops. This is a thing which happened?
Purportedly, Rameses II (The Great) kept a lion, not only as a palace pet, but also as a battlefield companion. It was said to have been at his side during the famous Battle of Kadesh.

spyczech said:
PandaWarrior123 said:
Yeah, especially when it's so far back in history. You think that would give the mod author more artistic licence.

their is a limit to how far you can take artistic license. I would to model things based on how them work and as much historically accurate info I can get. As for the color of some items we can not tell sometimes. An example would be wooded items they could be any wood form that area, so they may be colored because of different types of wood used. Metal items should be the color of the meal. A bronze helmet should look like bronze. But if the modeler made bronze helmet and then made iron helmet based on the shape of the iron helmet that fine. Somewhere their might be a iron helmet shaped like a bronze helmet. Is for size they should fit the player model.   

Back
Top Bottom