MP Oriental [WB] Samurai: Japan in Flames - DEAD

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is similiar and it is still being worked on....

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,249816.0.html\

Chieftain said:
This mod is better

Be respectful. As awesome as Gekokujo is, these modders have put in a lot of work on this mod. Don't come here and say things like that. This is not the place for it, even if the development of it might have stopped (until it's confirmed, it's just idle speculation).

Hi followers,

First I would apologise for this long weeks without news, I had a big break because I didn't have mood for modding and because I had some troubles in my private life... I won't say anything else about that, this is past and that is not affecting you anymore.

Contrary to what has been said by a lot of people, the mod is not dead. I will keep it alive, even if I am now the only one that remains from the original team. I won't lie to you; sometimes I really thought to stop the development. But as I promised myself at the start of the development last year, I won't stop until I have released something.

As I said I will keep it up - I recently received a lot of help from a good friend of mine that you may know as Raylin - but it won't be a "professional" mod like announced in the trailer. I prefer to say that now, to avoid you to be disappointed later. Modders like Romainoir gave a professional touch to the mod but as I say from the start; I'm a newbie in modding. It's my first modding experience...

During this year I got more experience and I learnt something; most of the modders' project are cancelled because they are developing it in a bad way. As I did, most of the modders advertise their mods a lot before even having something proper; they just present a good facade but there is nothing behind. This creates expectations from the followers and pressure on the modding team. And when the modders open their eyes, they see that they won't be able to live up to the followers expectations...

These words can seem rude but I'm speaking from experience. That's why I decided to continue the development in secret; I will only post some news when the things will be finished. There will only be advertisement when the release date will be announced. And even if the mistakes have already been done, I think this is the only way to save this mod.

xPearse said:
Yea im calling it dead, on their forum the last post was the 5th February, what a joke. They worked on it for over a year and never released anything, worst than that they never really kept us up to date on whatever they were working on.

Did someone already tell you that modders have lives and that they are not engines? We do what we can do, and yes you have the right to say that this mod is a joke but please don't contaminate this topic with your nasty comments: some people here respect other one's work...

DatFrog! said:
Hi followers,

First I would apologise for this long weeks without news, I had a big break because I didn't have mood for modding and because I had some troubles in my private life... I won't say anything else about that, this is past and that is not affecting you anymore.

Contrary to what has been said by a lot of people, the mod is not dead. I will keep it alive, even if I am now the only one that remains from the original team. I won't lie to you; sometimes I really thought to stop the development. But as I promised myself at the start of the development last year, I won't stop until I have released something.

As I said I will keep it up - I recently received a lot of help from a good friend of mine that you may know as Raylin - but it won't be a "professional" mod like announced in the trailer. I prefer to say that now, to avoid you to be disappointed later. Modders like Romainoir gave a professional touch to the mod but as I say from the start; I'm a newbie in modding. It's my first modding experience...

During this year I got more experience and I learnt something; most of the modders' project are cancelled because they are developing it in a bad way. As I did, most of the modders advertise their mods a lot before even having something proper; they just present a good facade but there is nothing behind. This creates expectations from the followers and pressure on the modding team. And when the modders open their eyes, they see that they won't be able to live up to the followers expectations...

These words can seem rude but I'm speaking from experience. That's why I decided to continue the development in secret; I will only post some news when the things will be finished. There will only be advertisement when the release date will be announced. And even if the mistakes have already been done, I think this is the only way to save this mod.

xPearse said:
Yea im calling it dead, on their forum the last post was the 5th February, what a joke. They worked on it for over a year and never released anything, worst than that they never really kept us up to date on whatever they were working on.

Did someone already tell you that modders have lives and that they are not engines? We do what we can do, and yes you have the right to say that this mod is a joke but please don't contaminate this topic with your nasty comments: some people here respect other one's work...

Well just because you have personal life doesn't mean you can't post to tell us that your busy and will continue work at a later date. Why work in secret when you can show your stuff to the community, it's more fun that way and you can also get feedback for it and improve. It's just that you guys have been working on it for over a year and did a private beta but haven't released a stable version for people to play, I know it's not the easiest thing to do but if you don't have the time to work on it then why continue.

If you ever do stop then release what you have done as osp or all would have been for nothing,

As you probably understand, we did not work "literally" during one year. I started the development in 2011 but we haven't done so much. I continue this project for the personal experience, and because there is no good Samurai multiplayer mod for the moment.

But as long as it is a amateur project I won't present development diaries or such things (that is needed when you work on a professional project and when you must reassure the fans on their investment). I'm sure we can do something great but I don't want any pressure because I started this mod as a hobby and it will ever be the same for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom