[WB][S] Fires of War, A Greco-Persian War mod, old thread, kept for history

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The mod is very good, and fully playable what is really good for a first release. I think you should use scheme colors for different factions gears like (red/white/black for Sparta, blue/white/black for Athens, etc...) like that you can play without banners over the head. Loving the nice new GUI, the faces can be improved (most of the head colours doesn't fit with the body colour) and the map too, Thrace is not well located for exemple, there is no Thrace in Turkey and in islands. What would be cool is you can preset in character creation if you want to be Greek or Persian or other and have different ethnic faces like in Sayazn (this feature is really cool). Like that if you're son of a veteran warrrior from Sparta you got Spartian scheme gear when you start the game.

Anyway this mod is a very good work ! Imagine a mod like that with galleys fights like in Viking Conquest !!!

Armaury said:
(most of the head colours doesn't fit with the body colour)
Common thing in many mods, actually.

Not like it matters anyways. It's not like your character runs around naked during your gameplay.

Not saying that to flame it is just reality, this is not a little contrast, and in a mod during antiquity you often topless. And there is also mods where the face colour fit perfectly so...

Thank you for your kind words and your review! I fully appreiciate it. And yes, many things will change in the future. Some more character creation overhaul for sure.  :smile:
There is ship battles btw, although the player cannot steer the ship. I also plan to expand them.

Reus said:
Common thing in many mods, actually.
Not like it matters anyways. It's not like your character runs around naked during your gameplay.

Still, a good point. However, the reason for this is pretty understandable I hope. Namely, I couldn't possibly gues what shader will be used in the next andhow it will affect the body. The easy fix is to make only two skin variations: The "white" and the "black". Nothing in-between. But I really don't like that.  :smile:
In the mod there are about 5 differnet(even slightly) skin variations for men and as many for women, but only two body types. That said, I won't stop there, I will try to fix that. :smile:

Antonis said:
No, I meant ideas for the Encyclopedia of the mod. When you go to the scroll called "Historiai" in the mod, you see a alphabetical catalog of entires with historical info. See:
mb1_zpsp7wxkpqy.jpg

For example, in the entry named "History of the Ionian Revolt" you can read some info about the revolt, how it served as a casus belli for Darius and such. I meant if you have any ideas of other things you believe people would like to read and are fitting to the mod's them. NOT Sarrisae!  :evil:

It's not very nice to steal someone else's UI mod assets and paint them red.

LionStrong said:
KickingJoub said:
What do you mean by that?  :???:

Just the similarity between the buttons in the picture:
mb1_zpsp7wxkpqy.jpg
and this (the giant OK in the middle): http://www.moddb.com/mods/rome-at-war2/addons/raw-hellenic-ui-mod-05
8396AED2C63AE5F8EE6823EAE0A1AD86F5E7D445

KickingJoub said:

:?:    :???:

400_F_56551751_OZjEBgji1tl0Jd9WG6S6QhMtCX4GZEuo.jpg

First one of the top.

border-meander-2.jpg
The corners.

greck10.jpg
orname_net_08-600x369.png

The interface is a combination of those images(and others that are on my PC, but I didn't upload now) and the native warband GUI. Some of them are Google images, some I got from pinterest. I painted them red and black, but there wasn't any copyright notice anywhere.  :neutral:

Comrade Crimson said:
Oh damn this is gonna be great! You guys should also found a moddb page so more people can download it. Going to try this out tonight.

Thank you, sure we will. Hope you'll enjoy.  :smile:
You might recognize someone's voice.  :twisted:

MithrellaS said:
This is the 1st release and I enjoy it more than any mod I played.  :shock: :shock:

Great job mate :smile:

Thank you, I'm happy you're happy.  :smile:

KickingJoub said:
Just the similarity between the buttons in the picture:
mb1_zpsp7wxkpqy.jpg
and this (the giant OK in the middle): http://www.moddb.com/mods/rome-at-war2/addons/raw-hellenic-ui-mod-05
8396AED2C63AE5F8EE6823EAE0A1AD86F5E7D445

Oh, right! But the mod "Rome ar War" has a similar theme, no? It isn't surprising some elements(like the gui) are very much like, even the same sometimes. Anyway, I have contacted rgcotl(I have the PM, if you don't believe me, although I don't know why should you be interested in my mail) and he agreed to lend our team some part of his textures-the crest in the hoplite's helmet I made, not Lionstrong(and that is why it's more shoddy than the rest of the helmets  :smile:). Wouldn't it be easier to just ask him for the interface as well as the texture?  :???:

The RAW UI happens to be exclusively made and as such "owned" by me. While it would've been nice had I been asked about this, seeing as rgcotl doesn't have the right to give out my work, I'm not against it being used in other mods. Just... would be nice if someone informed me beforehand, I'm sure you understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom