MP Antiquity [WB] Pro Patria Mori (Recruiting researchers)

Users who are viewing this thread

KickingJoub

Grandmaster Knight
f6tZnR8.jpg

(To Die for Fatherland)​

During the year 285 AD Emperor Diocletian reformed the centrally ruled Roman Empire into a tetrarchy, a rule of four. This effectively split the Empire into two regions, a Western and an Eastern, both ruled by an Augustus, emperor. Under them were two Caesares, meaning that all four men ruled a fourth of the Empire. Later the two major regions became know as the Western and Easter Roman Empires.
History shows us that the Eastern Empire, also know as the Romano-Byzantine Empire, fared much better in those times of change, as the West was hit by the migrations of the germanic people, who in turn were pushed on by the Goths. The Gothic Kingdoms, situated in what is now Gotland, Sweden, had grown too large to fit into their territory and seeing the weakened Western Empire began raiding it. These raid grew in magnitude untill at some point the so-named Visigoths settled in Spain and their former brothers in arms, the Ostrogoths, moved east, threatening the Eastern Empire.
The Eastern Empire, however, had problems of it's own to attend to, as the Sassanid Empire, a reincarnation of the earlier Parthian Empire, moves it's armies of peasant conscripts, horse archers and elite cataphracts against Roman borders. Bearing a noble heritage, the Sassanids have already conquered many small kingdoms and now only Rome stands in their way.
Will you fight to protect Rome from the predatations of these new foes? Will you aim to plunder the riches of the stagnated old Empire? The choise is yours, and no matter what path you decide to walk, it will be different to the others.

Factions:
Western Roman Empire
Romano-Byzantine Empire
Gothic Kingdoms
Sassanid Empire

Team:
- KickingJoub, scener and team leader
- DarthTaco, modeller
- Tugmund, modeller and texturer
- Peton, coder

Credits:
- Nistrum, banner
- Sherlock Holmes, modelling and texturing
- Jarvisimo, modelling and texturing
- Fireheart, coding

Signatures:
Our main banner made by Nistrum
f6tZnR8.jpg

Code:
[url=http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,277613.0.html][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/f6tZnR8.jpg[/IMG][/url]
(W.I.P thread)

I would say good luck, but i'm tired, grouchy and in a bad mood. So, instead I shall say, try not to let this die.

Thanks to all those who wished us luck. To those cynical, well I guess we'll see what happens.

Adorno said:
Very interesting time period. Have you settled on a specific year?

Well, we don't really have a specific year or time period as we aim to create a fun hollywood style experience, though we'll use as many sources as we can to make each faction have a clear time period which they are based on, such as Marian rome, Teutoburg germania, Classical Greeks (subject to change). Rome and Germania will be from the same time period though.

There are some historically accurate mods out there and we admire their work. We intend to be a bit of fun on the side :wink:

the swords do not have  texture... you are not doing it good.................................................

JumBoo said:
the swords do not have  texture... you are not doing it good.................................................
Please in God's name tell me you're joking.

Medlico said:
JumBoo said:
Please in God's name tell me you're joking.
Of course he is, what can go wrong with a mod that has no textured models, the signature proves it's worthy.

I would have made more progress before announcing a project, too much mods died starting this way. The pioneer's graveyard is quite deep and full of necros.

David Stark said:
Jarvisimo said:
For the record, Tugmund (Tom426) is a fantastic texturer.
Still they need at least one more texturer and coder.

I'm going to second Dion here. Taco is learning how to texture, I can code in items and troops if need be, Tugmund is, as said, great at texturing. We have the majority of the first release items already, but we chose not to show them until we have something closer to release. Add to that the fact we have no intention of trying to make a faction per week and we come to a conclusion of: Why on earth would we need any more people?

Back
Top Bottom