SP Sci-Fi Fantasy [WB] Eye of Terror: Realms of Chaos (HELP NEEDED, refer to page one)

Users who are viewing this thread

HERE'S ANOTHER SPACE MARINE!

spacemarine2.jpg

autocannon.png

Here is the first of the heavy weapons. This will be available for humans, but I'm thinking of giving it a 15 str requirement.

So I've come to a crossroads of sorts. I've been making heavy weapons as of late, and I'm now unsure how to handle them. So far I'm using the firearms skill for pistols, and the crossbows skill for all two-handed ranged weapons. Archery is Sorcery and Throwing is Throwing. Now, so far I'm only going to be using throwing for grenades, knives, and axes, but I could replace it with sorcery and replace archery with heavy weapons, which would come with the added bonus of tying a skill to heavy weapons and freeing up some animations for more psychic powers, although I'd have to lump grenades in with pistols, if that's possible. (Then again, I could remove them altogether.) But I don't want the skill to give a damage bonus to heavy weapons - is it possible to remove the damage bonus from power draw? Anyway, I could use some input on this.

plasmagun.png

feuerzeuge said:
So I've come to a crossroads of sorts. I've been making heavy weapons as of late, and I'm now unsure how to handle them. So far I'm using the firearms skill for pistols, and the crossbows skill for all two-handed ranged weapons. Archery is Sorcery and Throwing is Throwing. Now, so far I'm only going to be using throwing for grenades, knives, and axes, but I could replace it with sorcery and replace archery with heavy weapons, which would come with the added bonus of tying a skill to heavy weapons and freeing up some animations for more psychic powers, although I'd have to lump grenades in with pistols, if that's possible. (Then again, I could remove them altogether.) But I don't want the skill to give a damage bonus to heavy weapons - is it possible to remove the damage bonus from power draw? Anyway, I could use some input on this.

plasmagun.png

Looks awesome!

wow, i want to punish my enemies with this plasma beauty...  :smile:

feuerzeuge said:
although I'd have to lump grenades in with pistols, if that's possible. (Then again, I could remove them altogether.) But I don't want the skill to give a damage bonus to heavy weapons - is it possible to remove the damage bonus from power draw? Anyway, I could use some input on this.

mm, i'm not sure if grenades/throwing weapons should really be taken out, but on the other hand, they're not that important. but yeah, why not throwing them together with pistols/small arms? i guess it would'nt hurt...  :wink:

about power draw: maybe you could just erase the skill (at least from the character sheet), as you don't need it for any bows. If it's taken out this way, nobody can increase it and nobody gets any bonus from it. just an idea  :smile:

Rule zum Rabensang said:
wow, i want to punish my enemies with this plasma beauty...  :smile:

feuerzeuge said:
although I'd have to lump grenades in with pistols, if that's possible. (Then again, I could remove them altogether.) But I don't want the skill to give a damage bonus to heavy weapons - is it possible to remove the damage bonus from power draw? Anyway, I could use some input on this.

mm, i'm not sure if grenades/throwing weapons should really be taken out, but on the other hand, they're not that important. but yeah, why not throwing them together with pistols/small arms? i guess it would'nt hurt...  :wink:

about power draw: maybe you could just erase the skill (at least from the character sheet), as you don't need it for any bows. If it's taken out this way, nobody can increase it and nobody gets any bonus from it. just an idea  :smile:

Is that even possible? I'd still like to keep the skill requirement there, just to keep everyone with a high enough strength to tote around a lascannon without explicitly planning or being built for it, you know. And as for grenades, is it even possible to get pistols to behave like throwing weapons?

eliminating power draw skill is possible, the Blood and Steel mod for example has done it. but okay, i see that you need the general skill for weapon restricitions. i never really looked into the mechanism of power draw, but i guess it should be possible to find the multiplier/factor increasing the damage and set it to 0 in MS. when i'm back at home i can see if i find it...

right, putting pistols and throwing weapons together could result in some problems with the animations....not sure about it  :???:

EDIT: i checked module_skills, and sadly enough power draw is hardcoded. you can't modify it, only disable it completely or do with it as it is  :neutral:

That's a shame. Well, in that case, could someone tell me if there's any carrying/walking ranged weapon animations that are free? I imagine heavy weapons will look a little silly with the crossbow's one, especially the ones fired from the hip. And I can't exactly be cocking around in the module system while there's models to be made.

lascannon.png

Why not just make it so you have:

Small Arms (Pistols and Rifles)
Heavy Weapons
Thrown
Psyker Talents

Or something like that?  I think it'd work nicely for the most part to divide it into those three categories, since I think there's less difference, relatively speaking, between using a rifle and a pistol and using a pistol and throwing hand grenades, you know?

Geredis said:
Why not just make it so you have:

Small Arms (Pistols and Rifles)
Heavy Weapons
Thrown
Psyker Talents

Or something like that?  I think it'd work nicely for the most part to divide it into those three categories, since I think there's less difference, relatively speaking, between using a rifle and a pistol and using a pistol and throwing hand grenades, you know?

That was the original plan, but if an item is set as a musket, troops will carry it in one hand.

And that really pisses me off. Really. Fix it, already, Taleworlds!

Apologies if it's already been fixed and I'm too stupid to notice.

Also, dividing two handed ranged weapons and pistols means that I can make various ammos (bolt shells, laspacks, plasma flasks) with on hit triggers, run scripts to ensure that ranged weapons use the proper ammo and have all that. If the various ammo types were all cartridges, you wouldn't be able to use both a pistol and a rifle, because you'd suddenly have your laspistol using up bolt shells.

lasgun.png

Kazzan said:
Not neccesarily, make bolt shells for a bolter a crossbow ammo. Or maybe you mean bolt pistol?

I was describing a scenario in which all small arms, long guns and pistols, are itp_muskets and pistols. Currently all long guns are crossbows (including lascannons - god do those things look stupid as they're unholstered and then carried around.)

It's going to be a real pain to get every item to fire the correct missile.

To be honest you may need to create new animations for carrying weapons. You could ask the Star Wars Conquest mod, who made theirs. They also figured out a way how to have, force powers, grenades, rifles, pistols, and heavy weapons in it.

QuailLover said:
To be honest you may need to create new animations for carrying weapons. You could ask the Star Wars Conquest mod, who made theirs. They also figured out a way how to have, force powers, grenades, rifles, pistols, and heavy weapons in it.

New animations are no problem for me, I already did some for firing the lascannon, autocannon and RPG launcher. And for the most part, with a little tweaking, the crossbow carry animation will work quite fine. The problem is that it doesn't work at all for the aforementioned bulkier weapons, and I'm not sure how to implement a new carrying animation without assigning it to a whole class of weapon. Unless taleworlds sneaked in an ictf flag for carrying without me noticing.

About the weapon types, maybe eliminate throwing weapons to free up the room, and instead use grenade throwing as a code.

E.g. If you have the item 'grenades' in your inventory, you press a button during the battle, which lobs a grenade scene prop (might be hard to make physics look right), and explodes on impact..?

Back
Top Bottom