SP Sci-Fi Fantasy [WB] Eye of Terror: Realms of Chaos (HELP NEEDED, refer to page one)

Users who are viewing this thread

feuerzeuge

Sergeant at Arms
The Lost and The Damned

mutants-big.jpg

SCREENSHOTS and RENDERS?
autocannoneer.png
spacemarine2.jpg
autoweapons.png
rougepsyktex.png
bandgogshelm.png
autocannon.png
varietypack.png
nurgstuff.png
morespweps.png
arvusfinal.jpg
lthrjacks.png

Intro

Within the Eye of Terror, where reality and the warp overlap, the fevered dreams of mankind take shape to stalk the living. The loyal servants of the Imperium of Man dare not enter this region of space - those that survive to leave become shells of their former selves, fit for nothing but The Emperor's Mercy. Only the most insane, hardened and violent individuals survive here. When not out raiding the Imperium, they turn upon each other. To the strong, the weak are but objects. Feral savages murder one another with sharpened sticks in the name of the Gods, offering the wounded as sacrifices in the hope of favour and mutations. Great armies clash amongst one another out of doctrinal conflict. The dead almost never remains so, and bands of daemons, living emissaries of the Gods, stalk the lands, weeding out the unworthy. Many die - old age claims none. Some, however, rise above the rest, gaining the favour of the gods, ascending to daemon princedom or being taken into the superhuman armies of the Traitor Astartes, to kill and die in vindication of a ten thousand year old grudge. All slowly lose their humanity and become shells of their former selves, fit for nothing but the Emperor's Mercy...

PROGRESS!
And Stuff Needed
Done Work In Progress To Do/Needed

Art Assets
Rogue Psyker 1
Pilot Helmet
RPG
Combat Flight Suit
Cool Shades
Lascannon
Autocannon
Plasma Gun
CSM Bolter
Space Marine Armour
Space Marine Helmets
Leather Jackets
Stahlhelms
Grotesques
Biker Pickelhaubes
Autoguns
Autopistols
Sniper Rifle
Pump Shotguns
Double-barreled Shotguns
Bandannas
Lho Sticks
Smoking Pipes
Dust Goggles
Chainsword
Nurgle Hoods
Plague Doctor Mask
Nurgle Gas Mask
Bionic Eyes
Mechanicus Respirator
Chem-dog Respirator
Zombies
Nurgle Cultist Bodies, Heads
Improvised Long Gun
Worker Overalls
Improvised Pistol
Androgyne Body
CSM Doodads
Human-sized Bolter
Guard Flak
Flak Boots
Raggedy Robes
Lasgun
Laspistols
Flak and Chainmail
Combat Shotgun
Assault Shotgun
Noble Clothing
Guard and Mercenary Uniforms
Stub Auto
Stub Revolver
Hand Cannon (the pistol kind)
Grenade Launcher
Heavy Stubber
Rogue Psyker 2
Shock Maul
Heavy Bolter
Juggernaut (Maybe. Needs improvement.)

Crude Bionic Legs
New UI
New Faces
New Default Trousers
Power Maul
Arvus Lighter
New Animations
Leman Russes
Slaanesh Cultist Robes

Bionic Legs
Stub Rifle, Carbine
Slaanesh Gimp and Cast-Iron Masks
Tall Combat Boots
Work Boots
Impractical hooflike kneehigh stilettos
Actual Hooves
Beastman Heads
Mutant Heads
Big Mutant Bodies
Grenades
Sorceror Robes
Sorceror Hoods
Sorceror Bionic Head Doodads
Tzeentch Plate Armour
Nurgle Plate Armour
Nurgle Fatbodies
Nurgle Horsies
More Nurgle Clothes
Tzeentch Peasant Stuff
Chaotic and neutral swords, axes
Imperial swords, axes
CSM Heavy Bolters, Chainswords
Bolt Pistol
Angular, Dark, Fortified Khorne Buildings
Tzeentchi Architecture
Nurgle Architecture
Imposing, Gargantually Scaled Imperial Architecture, Suitably Ruined and Defiled
Volcanic Field of Pointy Rocks
Forboding Forest of Tentacled Mutants
Endless Desert of Desolation
Military Bases
Ruined and Bombed Out City Streets Suitable For Heated Skirmishes
Imposing, Rusted and Overly Large, Archaic Spacecraft Interiors
Transport Trawlers
Chaos Spawn
Horses With Gas Masks
Chimeras
A Baneblade?
Valkyrie
Autocars and Trucks
Bloodletters
Daemonettes
Plaguebearers
Horrors
Grenades
Light Modern-style Flak Armour
Defiled, Mutilated Corpses
Giant Chains
Chaos Stars
God Symbols
Slaanesh Architecture
Gladiator Arenas
More Head Doodads! More!
Missile Launcher
Beast of Slaanesh
Light Carapace
Heavy Carapace
Kasrkin Carapace
Human-sized Power Armour
Scrap Armour
Chaos Warrior Plate
Mechanicus Robes
Undivided Sorceror Robes

Scripts
Weapon Scripts (Auto-weapons, bolters, heavy weapons, grenades)
Reworked Battle AI
Some sort of cover system
Loads New More Involved Quests
Magic System
Branching Storyline
Overhauled Recruiting

Factions

The Istvaanian Corsairs

Taking their name from the battle that split the Imperium in twain over eleven thousand years ago, the Corsairs are a loosely-organized gaggle of pirates, renegades, and followers of Chaos Undivided. Due to operating a fair number of starships, they have a degree of free reign among the Lost and the Damned, as without skilled ship-hands to ferry auxilliaries, no Crusade may happen. Indeed, the Corsairs have prospered in the wake of the war, as many Imperial pirate crews were forced to pick sides in the mounting hostilities, and many, fearing Imperial Justice, turned to Chaos and joined the Corsairs out of convenience. Together with the Joyous Choir, they still operate within Imperial Space, and it has been whispered in some dark corners that they even have ties to some of the less illustrious Rogue Trader dynasties.

Due to the fact that nearly all of their members fight by choice, without coercion by violence or philosophy, their troops ask for more currency than those of any other sect, though this is a small drawback, as many already own their own arms and have adequate combat experience from raiding Imperial Shipping Lanes and outlying colonies. Their combat philosophy is by neccessity one of versatility, and they possess heavy infantry and light cavalry as skilled at range as they are in close quarters combat, and as comfortable fighting on a ship as in an untamed wilderness. When focus is needed, they employ mercenaries, from within both their own ranks and those of more independent leanings.

The Corsairs bring in the majority of captured Imperial goods, meaning that many factions are loath to antagonize them for long, for fear of losing vital neccessities.
The Joyous Choir
A renegade sect of the Imperial Cult that was revealed to be a coven of Slaanesh over five hundred years ago, they were saved from retribution by a Chaos Astartes raid. Taking advantage of the confusion, they commandeered a starship and fled into the Eye of Terror, the birthplace of their God. They still nominally worship the Emperor, unable to drop their facade even within the heart of Chaos itself. Strangely, this quirk has not resulted in their immediate destruction. Indeed, they have prospered, drawing ever more initiates from other factions with the allure of their chem-orgies, feasts and dazzling gladiatorial games. The sect organizes itself by means of six circles of ever ascendant enlightenment and depravity, ranging from the lowest churl of the Sixth Circle to the He and She of the First Circle Him/herself. Due to close ties with the Istvaanian Corsairs, they still operate within Imperial Space, running a network of cults and apostate Imperial Sects that work in concert with far-ranging Chaos Marine Raiders to constantly whittle away at the Imperium.

Their tactical philosophy is one of speed and harassment, with infantry swordsmen and sorcerors working in concert with mounted pleasure-hunters equipped with high-powered rifles to outmaneuver the enemy.

They are immoderate and prodiguous traders and craftsmen, producing a vast variety of chems, weapons, art and luxury goods, in addition to breeding the finest steeds of Caldarius, using their nearness to the warp to create frighteningly beautiful beasts.
The Blood Pact
Established three thousand years ago upon the feral world of Ghourra, the Blood Pact is a khornate army that has been a thorn in the Imperium's Side since its inception. They utilize a wide variety of tactics and strategies, modeling themselves on the Imperial Guard, always choosing the proper tool for the job. The splinter group upon Caldarius, however, has been taken over by a Traitor Astarte of the World Eaters Legion, and the once-canny warriors of the Blood Pact are quickly succumbing to the full fury of Khorne's influence, becoming frothing-at-the-mouth madmen bent on nothing but murder and collecting skulls.

Ever since the coup, the Caldarian Blood Pact has lost much of their strategic edge, ranged combat falling out of favour as cowardly and dishonourable. At present, they are more of a heavily armed and armoured mob, charging into close combat with bill hooks, knives, axes and blades, tolerating shotgun and pistols at most and eschewing all other coward's tools.
The Rotting Hordes
During the 13th Black Crusade, the followers of Nurgle contributed an inordinate amount of aid to the war effort with their plague sorcery and virus bombs. Not all of their ordnance was meant to kill, and as a result of their efforts, many Imperial citizens succumbed to a more subtle rot of despair and treachery. Normally, these virulent masses would be left to fester and turn upon their fellows, but during this Crusade, an unusual individual rose up to shepherd this vile flock: Tomas Hobb, a former manufactory worker upon a run-of-the-mill Hive World in a system adjacent to the Cadian gate. After becoming infested with the Hephaestus Strain, he claims to have received a vision from Nurgle, bestowing peace and realization upon him, and he rallied his fellow plague victims with promises of immortality and an end to the pain, forming an ersatz militia. Sure enough, his promises were fulfilled, and some Imperial Citizens even went willingly to this apostate, tired of the strife and suffering of the Crusade. This burgeoning army found passage in the holds of the Death Guard, and were put to use as garrison forces, turning the survivors and defending against Guard counter-attacks.

They were not meant for resettlement on Caldarius, as followers of Nurgle are notorious for being unable to keep their gifts to themselves, but in an uncharacterstically devious move, the Death Guard landed them there without permission. They did not initially cause much trouble, so they were allowed to stay, a decision that may one day be recognized as a costly mistake.

Their armies are the largest, but individually their troops are among the weaker of Caldarius. The typical soldier will be an untrained, emaciated plague victim, swathed in rags, armed with whatever gun he could steal and a pocketful of ammunition. Some rise to become skilled warriors, but due to the logistical difficulties of arming such a large force, they will never have much in the way of equipment. The Hephastus Strain of Nurgle's Rot that pervades among the Hordes has at times been known to produce large, aberrant tumours that lend their sufferers inhuman resistance to physical damage. Those who gain these blessings are often grouped into assault units and used as a sort of human shield by the rotting flock.
The League of Upheaval
The original rulers of Caldarius, with a history stretching back to the time when it was still a feudal world in the Imperium's fold. They instituted a brutal feudal mageocracy, wherein the Sorceror-Lords of Caldarius exercised dicatorial control over the billions of serfs living on the then-verdant world. They met their quotas and disguised their talents well, so neither the Administratum nor the Inquisition had much reason to delve into their corruption. It was the League of Upheaval that first enacted the massive ritual that transposed the world into the Eye of Terror, and it was they who lorded over it since. However, during the 13th Black Crusade, the Sorceror-King Mazerkan disappeared without a trace, paralyzing his hosts as his vassals began to vie among themselves for dominance. This lead to the loss of much territory in Cadia, and for this failure the Black Legion resettled great numbers of their Lost and the Damned auxiliaries upon Caldarius. They have since lost most of their territory to the other four sects.

They typically field small amounts of elite feudal heavy cavalry and infantry, supported by a few powerful sorcerors. Their fighters tie the enemy in close combat, allowing the sorcerors to wreak havoc among the enemy lines.

They produce most of Caldarius' food, their sorcerors having long ago unlocked the secret to stable agriculture within the warp. Though this may not seem like much, it has often given them a strategic edge in the region, though it has since been dulled with the influx of loot brought in from Imperial Space.

Credits
Lucke189, for his help in the field of animation.
Mirathei for the magic mod, a source of ceaseless inspiration and learning
Yoshiboy for his bandanna and tricorne, and his texturing tutorial, without which I would still be slapping my ass against the keyboard in vain trying to bang out a texture.
This is an unofficial total conversion for Mount and Blade and is in no way endorsed by Games Workshop. Games Workshop reserves the right to destroy this mod and all evidence of its existence at any time. Adeptus Astartes, Battlefleet Gothic, Black Flame, Black Library, the Black Library logo, BL Publishing, Blood Angels, Bloodquest, Blood Bowl, the Blood Bowl logo, The Blood Bowl Spike Device, Cadian, Catachan, the Chaos device, Cityfight, the Chaos logo, Citadel, Citadel Device, City of the Damned, Codex, Daemonhunters, Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Dark Future, the Double-Headed/Imperial Eagle device, 'Eavy Metal, Eldar, Eldar symbol devices, Epic, Eye of Terror, Fanatic, the Fanatic logo, the Fanatic II logo, Fire Warrior, Forge World, Games Workshop, Games Workshop logo, Genestealer, Golden Demon, Gorkamorka, Great Unclean One, the Hammer of Sigmar logo, Horned Rat logo, Inferno, Inquisitor, the Inquisitor logo, the Inquisitor device, Inquisitor:Conspiracies, Keeper of Secrets, Khemri, Khorne, Kroot, Lord of Change, Marauder, Mordheim, the Mordheim logo, Necromunda, Necromunda stencil logo, Necromunda Plate logo, Necron, Nurgle, Ork, Ork skull devices, Sisters of Battle, Skaven, the Skaven symbol devices, Slaanesh, Space Hulk, Space Marine, Space Marine chapters, Space Marine chapter logos, Talisman, Tau, the Tau caste designations, Tomb Kings, Trio of Warriors, Twin Tailed Comet Logo, Tyranid, Tyrannid, Tzeentch, Ultramarines, Warhammer, Warhammer Historical, Warhammer Online, the word and concept of War, Warhammer 40k Device, Warhammer World logo, Warmaster, White Dwarf, the White Dwarf logo, and all associated marks, names, races, race insignia, characters, vehicles, locations illustrations and images from the Blood Bowl game, the Warhammer world, the Talisaman world, and the Warhammer 40,000 universe are either ®, TM and/or © Copyright Games Workshop Ltd 2000-2010, variably registered in the UK and other countries around the world. All Rights Reserved. Used without permission.

Banners

Code:
[url=http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,89209.0.html][IMG]http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd13/Feuerzeuge/banner2.png[/IMG][/url]

Awesome sauce.

You might want to talk to the 40K mod about sharing files with them and HokieBT of Star Wars: Conquest about grenades, rockets and simple "magic".

doingitwrong.png

Now that is not how you hold a gun. I assume I'll have to make a new animation for non-primitive firearms? Can anyone point me towards some documentation?

If at all possible, I will make banners.

ALSO, I will be a beta tester if you want.

(Also willing to make a trailer with 40K Death Metal, And since it's the Eye of Terror guess what song Ill use....) 

doingitwrong.png

Edit:What... Is.... That?

Colonel_Ryan made a good gun holding Animation, Ask him for it.

Auto and Burst fire arent really achieved unless you press buttons fast. xD

Flamers MAY be possible.

Shotguns, Ask 1866

Include factions on first page, Like, What war bands your going to use.

And thats all

I skimmed through it.

WilliamBerne has a working flamethrower, I believe.

But if I had something like that, I would covet it and not share it with anybody else :grin:

Swagg3r said:
WilliamBerne has a working flamethrower, I believe.

But if I had something like that, I would covet it and not share it with anybody else :grin:

Yeah....

He's just lost all brownie points until he shares. :sad:

But really, I wanna see atleast ONE mod with Chaos Marines...

That would satisfy me.

I'd try myself buuuut....
(I have too much Failsauce in me.)

Colonel_Ryan said:
Dude, i can share some anims :grin: do i get more brownie points then? :mrgreen:

You do.
I have a motto...

If you don't share atleast put them in the right direction of getting that object. 0_0;

Y'know... Like, Telling them how to start on making the stuff.

Ask Wookie Warlord about different his code (that would allow you to create Space Marines as they should be - big).

Are you going to include Jump Pack for Chaos Marines ?

AoC said:
Ask Wookie Warlord about different his code (that would allow you to create Space Marines as they should be - big).

Are you going to include Jump Pack for Chaos Marines ?

In all likelyhood, no. SW:C is the only mod I'm aware of with working jetpacks, and, whilst impressive, I am not all too fond of how they work. It's more like sprinting.

GrandTheftGearsofHalo4 said:
If at all possible, I will make banners.

ALSO, I will be a beta tester if you want.

(Also willing to make a trailer with 40K Death Metal, And since it's the Eye of Terror guess what song Ill use....) 

doingitwrong.png

Edit:What... Is.... That?

Colonel_Ryan made a good gun holding Animation, Ask him for it.

Auto and Burst fire arent really achieved unless you press buttons fast. xD

Flamers MAY be possible.

Shotguns, Ask 1866

Include factions on first page, Like, What war bands your going to use.

And thats all

I skimmed through it.

That is an Armageddon Pattern Autogun with a placeholder texture. If it ever comes to the point where I need beta testers, you are welcome to it; if you want to share some banners, I'd appreciate them, and 1866's shotguns don't actually have spread - they fire a single projectile just as all other firearms.

Colonel_Ryan said:
Dude, i can share some anims :grin: do i get more brownie points then? :mrgreen:

I'd appreciate it! My e-mail is the same as my username, but with @hotmail.com added on.

finally, a game with the mortal followers of Chaos as protagonists :drool: Unfortunately, the only thing I can help with is testing and moral support :sad:

Great idea, good luck with it.

I have to correct you about 1866's shotguns, they do shoot multiple projectiles.
A little buggy yet, but I'm sure it will be refined.

u need to make a sign so we can show support for this mod  :cool:
are you going to add the chapters of chaos space marines?

Back
Top Bottom