SP Native Fantasy [WB] Alternative Calradia Mod - In progress

Users who are viewing this thread

Update! Click images to see bigger versions.

Dark Elf Bandits, Warriors and Witches to the left and Dark Elf Archers and Assassins in the middle.

Amazon Matriarchs have been given a Khergit Guard Helm instead of the conical helmet seen on the pictures two posts above.

I have remade the troop lines and added special troops. However, no equipment has been given to the troops yet so new pictures will have to wait a while. The old troop lines will remain on the main page for a day or two so that they can be compared with the new ones. Opinions, questions and suggestions would be appreciated.

V = Village troop line
T = Town troop line
C = Castle Troop line

Special troops are recruited in towns and castles or taverns. They will be very expensive and only rich players will be able to keep many of them. Four posts above there are some pictures of potential appearances of some of the special troops.
Tavern
Castle
Town
Castle/Town

Swadian Kingdom
T Townsman - Militia - Footman - Infantry - Halberdier: 5
V Villager - Skirmisher - Archer - Marksman: 4
C Nobleman - Squire - Cavalry - Veteran Cavalry - Knight - Paladin: 6
Foot Knight, Priest

Vaegir Tsardom
V Villager - Scout - Raider - Lancer - Hussar: 5
V Villager - Scout - Skirmisher - Horse Archer - Dvor: 5
TC Townsman - Watchman - Archer - Veteran Archer - Strelets: 5
Executioner, Druzhina

Khergit Khanate
VTC Tribesman - Horseman - Raider - Lancer - Veteran Lancer: 5
VTC Tribesman - Horseman - Raider - Warrior - Guard: 5
VTC Tribesman - Horseman - Skirmisher - Horse Archer - Veteran Horse Archer - Mangudai: 6
Swordsman, Centaur

Nordic Colonies
V Villager - Hunter - Archer - Marksman: 4
TC Townsman - Footman - Warrior - Veteran Warrior - Huscarl - Hersir: 6
TC Townsman - Footman - Axe Thrower - Veteran Axe Thrower: 4
Valkyrie, Varangian Guard

Rhodok Empire
V Villager - Legionnaire - Trained Legionnaire - Veteran Legionnaire - Sergeant - Rhodok Imperial Guard: 6
C Militia - Crossbowman - Trained Crossbowman - Veteran Crossbowman - Sharpshooter - Rhodok Imperial Guard: 6
T Horseman - Lancer - Veteran Lancer - Cataphract: 4
Mounted Crossbowman

Sarranid Sultanate
TC Militia - Footman - Warrior - Almogavar: 4
TC Militia - Watchman - Archer - Marksman: 4
V Nomad - Horseman - Raider - Lancer - Mamluk: 5
V Nomad - Horseman - Skirmisher - Veteran Skirmisher - Jinete: 5
Janissary, Dervish

People's Republic
V Pikeman - Trained Pikeman - Veteran Pikeman - Elite Pikeman: 4
T Musketeer - Trained Musketeer - Veteran Musketeer - Elite Musketeer: 4
C Swordsman - Claymore - Veteran Claymore: 3
C Swordsman - Swashbuckler - Duelist - Officer: 4
Dragoon, Engineer

Barbarian Horde
VTC Tribesman - Footman - Warrior - Veteran Warrior - Marauder: 5
VTC Tribesman - Footman - Warrior - Scout - Raider: 5
VTC Tribesman - Footman - Hunter - Skirmisher - Marksman: 5
Berserker, Shaman

Khergit Shogunate
VT Ashigaru - Yari Ashigaru - Trained Yari Ashigaru - Veteran Yari Ashigaru: 4
VT Ashigaru - Yumi Ashigaru - Trained Yumi Ashigaru - Veteran Yumi Ashigaru: 4
C Samurai Retainer - Trained Samurai - Foot Samurai - Nodachi Samurai: 4
C Samurai Retainer - Trained Samurai - Foot Samurai - Yumi Samurai: 4
C Samurai Retainer - Trained Samurai - Mounted Samurai - Naginata Samurai: 4
C Samurai Retainer - Trained Samurai - Mounted Samurai - Yabusame Samurai: 4
Ninja, Onna Bugeisha, Ronin

Necromantic Cult
VTC Serf - Footman - Warrior - Undead Warrior: 4
VTC Serf - Footman - Warrior - Horseman - Undead Horseman: 5
VTC Serf - Footman - Archer - Undead Archer: 4
Necromancer Apprentice/Lich, Black Knight/Death Knight

Elven Confederacy
VC Tribesman -  Footman - Warrior - Veteran Warrior - War Dancer: 5
VC Tribesman -  Hunter - Archer - Longbowman - Veteran Longbowman - Marksman: 6
T Tribeswoman - Militia - Skirmisher - Huntress: 4
Druid, Ranger

To the left: Two Amazon Matriarchs to show how they look with Khergit Guard Helmet instead of the old one.
To the right: Teutonic Cleric, upgraded from Teutonic Priest and uses the same staff.

Thanks to all the guys on page 1 and 2 for the nice things you have said about my mod.  :grin:
Lately I have been working on the updated troops so I can post new images to visualize my mod better.
For the time being I have only done the revolutionary and barbarian troops + specials and next I will probably give the Necromantic Cult an improved look.
Cynicis, I consider myself a poor writer so its nice to have my writing complimented.  :smile:

Revolutionary Musketeer line.
Musketeer

Trained Musketeer

Veteran Musketeer

Elite Musketeer

Revolutionary Pikeman line.
Pikeman

Trained Pikeman

Veteran Pikeman

Elite Pikeman

Revolutionary Claymore line.
Swordsman

Claymore

Veteran Claymore

Revolutionary Duelist line.
Swordsman

Swashbuckler

Duelist

Officer

People's Republic special troops.
Engineer

Dragoon

Officer

Barbarian Warrior line.
Tribesman

Footman

Warrior

Veteran Warrior

Marauder

Barbarian Raider line.
Tribesman

Footman

Warrior

Scout

Raider

Barbarian Hunter line.
Tribesman

Footman

Hunter
As you can see in the following images, I made 2 versions of every throwing spear and arrow quiver for the sake of appearance. Hunters and Skirmishers currently spawn with very few bows so they rarely get both 'butt carried' throwing spears and 'back carried' quivers. It looks awesome (especially from behind) when they got both which can be seen on the Marksmen.

Skirmisher

Marksman

Barbarian Horde special troops.
Shaman

Pyromancer
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyromancy
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Divination
"Pyromancy (from Greek pyros, “fire,” and manteia, “divination”) is the art of divination by means of fire."
"In fiction, "pyromancy" is often a malapropism for pyrokinesis, which is usually used for combat, not divination."

Berserker
Berserkers uses special axes that unables blocking but gives them offensive powers like unbalanced, crush through and others...

You need to credit the people whose art you're using properly.

Me and Barf and Llew, for example; we made / rigged those skeleton meshes.

xenoargh said:
You need to credit the people whose art you're using properly.

Me and Barf and Llew, for example; we made / rigged those skeleton meshes.
Yes, I have a long list of OSP I am using so once I release my mod I will of course give proper credit to all OSP makers and to those who have helped me. I might even use a bigger credits font than other do.  :grin:

Those skeletons are delicious by the way!  :razz:

e27 said:
These guys look like they'd get slaughtered by archers
Yeah, archers are probably the main weakness of both factions but I intent to make bows and crossbows less accurate and slower. Melee damage will be decreased as well to make battles last longer and be less lethal. Spear type polearms will probably be made stronger as well to encourage the use of them.

GunFred said:
e27 said:
These guys look like they'd get slaughtered by archers
Yeah, archers are probably the main weakness of both factions but I intent to make bows and crossbows less accurate and slower. Melee damage will be decreased as well to make battles last longer and be less lethal. Spear type polearms will probably be made stronger as well to encourage the use of them.

Maybe less accurate, but slower would just be annoying. Perhaps lower some troops power draw, which would slow them down and make them weaker.

Remade Necromantic Cult troops.

Note: The new light leather textures on the cultist troops are the only ones I use from a mod called "Texture Fiddling" by lucky lancer. As much as I love bright orange, it did not really fit on a dark necromancy faction. Also, for some reason I no longer get emails when posts are made on threads that I am following so I may not be able to instantly reply. Hope the few people who like my multicultural Calradia enjoy this faction as much as I do and tomorrow I will update the main page with the fresh troop trees.  :smile:

e27 said:
Maybe less accurate, but slower would just be annoying. Perhaps lower some troops power draw, which would slow them down and make them weaker.
This is the type of response I appreciate the most. Advice, suggestions, questions and etc... I trust in my own imperfections so I am always willing to listen to other perspectives and ideas.

SvenssonHD said:
This looks pretty got damn awesome.
As a fellow swede, I approve of your avatar.  :mrgreen:

Necromancy:
Once the life force has left the body it can never be revived so the subject has to be killed in the dark and secret ritual called necromancy and the souls will remain trapped within the bones. When this is done, the undead body is showered in an acid that purifies and cleans the bones from the flesh. An undead is completely without emotions and are incapable of learning. Only those with a strong sense of purpose in life are able to serve efficiently after his death which is why the cult heavily brainwashes its members and prepares them for their eternal servitude. This also means that raising just anyone is a bad idea. A loyal servant will serve forever but an enemy soldier will try to take your life without rest until the end of time. A necromancer can only trap a certain amount of souls because he needs to constantly fuel the undead with his own life force so the souls he have trapped will become free if he dies or gets too close to death's door. However, if he is turned into a lich, then he and his servants will never pass on until his own master dies.

Random trivia:
Cultist armies have been know to bury their swords under sand during the cold desert nights before battles. This combined with that cult made swords reflect a lot of light makes the blades chilled and when used in battle, the opponents are horrified by the sudden bone chilling cuts they recieve in the heat of battle.

Warrior line.
Cultist Serf

Cultist Footman

Cultist Warrior

Undead Warrior

Horseman line.
Cultist Serf

Cultist Footman

Cultist Warrior

Cultist Horseman

Undead Horseman

Archer line.
Cultist Serf

Cultist Footman

Cultist Archer

Undead Archer

Necromantic Cult special troops.
Black Horseman
Cultists of higher standing often join the Black Order where they are given elite training.

Death Knight
These dreaded undead knights are inspired by the knights of Calradia and their purpose is to combat stronger elite troops that the regular undead troops are too weak to take on. No opponent is as terrifying as a Death Knight as they mercilessly cut down anything in their path like automatons.

Necromancer

Lich
Necromancers who have become experienced in necromancy are often turned undead themselves so that they can continue to raise the dead for eternity or until their master is dead.

Glad to hear you are looking forward to my mod. Will take a while since I work alone and I can not possibly predict a date but I am making stable progress and my work rate will increase. I will keep updating the mod so that the guys who are interested can get an idea of my progress. I still enjoy working on the mod very much and tomorrow I might show how the remade Sarranid Sultunate troops are going to look and be like.  :smile:

Sarranid Sultanate remade troops!
Warrior line.
Sarranid Militia

Sarranid Footman

Sarranid Warrior

Sarranid Almogavar

Archer line.
Sarranid Militia

Sarranid Watchman

Sarranid Archer

Sarranid Marksman

Lancer line.
Sarranid Nomad

Sarranid Camel Rider

Sarranid Raider

Sarranid Lancer

Sarranid Mamluk

Skirmisher line.
Sarranid Nomad

Sarranid Camel Rider

Sarranid Skirmisher

Sarranid Jinete

Sarranid Sultunate special troops.
Sarranid Dervish
Dervishes are traveling religious warriors who seek enlightenment through sworn poverty and through their sword. Some say that the dervishes are the most skilled and fastest swordsmen in Calradia and some even say that their whirling sword dance sometimes hypnotize people on the battlefield.
Note: I originally tried to make them dual wield scimitars in the typical 'make a shield that looks like a weapon' way, but the left handed scimitar was bent the wrong way and I do not know how to tweak native item meshes. But the two handed scimitars looked pretty cool anyway and the scimitar shield looked pretty stupid with arrows in and around it.

Sarranid Janissary
Janissaries are trained as young non-sarranid slaves to become elite guards. Skilled with both bows and massive poleaxes, they are dangerous foes and versatile allies.

If anybody wants me to update a specific faction's troops next, then I might do that...

Comrade Temuzu said:
Hey, no hurry, what you've shown so far looks quite interesting, and probably will be a lot of fun to play. :razz:
I would be greatly disappointed if Bannerlord was somehow released before my mod but at this rate, my mod will be released and then getting old before we even hear anything about Bannerlord at all.  :mrgreen:

Khergit Khanate remade troops!
Warrior line.
Khergit Tribesman

Khergit Horseman

Khergit Raider

Khergit Warrior

Khergit Guard

Archer line.
Khergit Tribesman

Khergit Horseman

Khergit Skirmisher

Khergit Horse Archer

Khergit Veteran Horse Archer

Khergit Mangudai

Lancer line.
Khergit Tribesman

Khergit Horseman

Khergit Raider

Khergit Lancer

Khergit Veteran Lancer

Khergit Khanate special troops.
Khergit Swordsman
Khergit Swordsmen are the original samurai and they ride into battle but they are unskilled horsemen and are best used dismounted. They were the elite warriors of the steppes before the khergit nomads learned horse taming from the old empire. The swordsmen were inefficient against cavalry and they eventually became little more than hobbyists. However, when the old empire build walled cities in the steppelands that held back any cavalry charge, the swordsmen suddenly had a battle purpose again and most of them would come to form the samurai warrior class of the Khergit Shogunate. The few traditional swordsmen that remains with the Khanate will not lose to the average samurai.

Khergit Heavy Swordsman

Vaegir Tsardom remade troops!
Infantry line.
Vaegir Militia

Vaegir Footman

Vaegir Watchman

Vaegir Guard

Vaegir Strelets

Lancer line.
Vaegir Villager

Vaegir Scout

Vaegir Raider

Vaegir Lancer

Vaegir Hussar

Horse archer line.
Vaegir Villager

Vaegir Scout

Vaegir Skirmisher

Vaegir Horse Archer

Vaegir Dvors

Vaegir Tsardom special troops.
Vaegir Executioner
In peacetime they execute the enemies of the people. In wartime they execute the enemies of the Tsardom. Executioners deal massive amounts of damage but they are slow and not professional soldiers so do not mistake them for berserkers!

Vaegir Druzhinnik
Druzhinniks are nords who stayed in Wercheg when the city was conquered by the vaegirs. They choose which boyar to serve themselves and have become retinue warriors of the Vaegir Tsardom. Mounted, they act like vaegir lancers but it is in close combat where their nordic blood shows itself and they truly shine.

Vaegir Elephant Rider
In a land of constant war like Calradia, there is little hope for a large creature like the elephant to live in peace. The creature may already have gone exstinct if not for the small clan that tamed them during the old imperial days. The small elephant clan sided with the Vaegir clan in the civil war that took place after the Imperial clan's fall. After the vaegirs lost, they were banished by the swadians and joined the independent Tsardom.
The majestic elephants have a lot of history in common with the Vaegir clan. They were both driven away from the plains by the old empire to the north where they were cought between nord and barbarian hunters. Now both elephants and the vaegirs have fallen far from their former glory but maybe together they can both reclaim their rightful place in Calradia?

Elephant notes:

At first I guess many will think it is weird to put elephants in a russia inspired faction. I first intended to put them in Sarranid Sultanate but they already had camels and did not really need another horse frightener so I considered other factions like the People's Republic but they already had their guns to make them special. But I realized that the Vaegir Tsardom was the only faction that was completely without a unique battle trait and they were the most boring faction to begin with. Giving a grey elephant to a grey faction kind of made the Tsardom more colorful I think but I would appreciate other people's thoughts about the vaegir elephants.

Both elephants and camels uses Zarthas Camel Kit and Somebody helped me to get it to work. The Camel Kit makes it so that horses stops in their tracks out of fear once in a while when near a camel or elephant.

The elephants also uses a code made by La Grandmaster which makes it so that enemies within a certain range of a walking elephant takes a certain amount of damage to simulate elephant trample damage.

Instead of elephants, why not make them mammoths? I know that mammoths are extinct but it makes more sense to have a big hairy elephant makes to live in the tundra than just a normal elephant.

Back
Top Bottom