SP Medieval [WB] 1257 AD - Enhanced Edition

Users who are viewing this thread

I have always liked crusades in this mod. So when I paid 100,000 for a crusade there popped an army in front of my capital. The only problem is that they always attack Beni Suef. So maybe a good idea for next update is that you can give them orders what to do.

Please inform the following when reporting a bug here:

1. Which start you choose (Monarch, Prince, Vassal, Adventurer or Bandit)
2. Where you where in game when the bug happened
3. What time of the day it was in game (day or night)
4. What position you had (Vassal, king, mercenary captain or unbound), including the faction you were part of

If already reported a bug before this post you DON'T need to report it again with the extra info.

will do in my future reports, but so far it was all as a vassal of the Teutonic Order.

I think there is something amiss with the killable lords and/or faction resurrection. I keep getting these notices of towns being no longer under siege by our faction - the towns all over the map too far from us and and not hostile to us. Also got a random execution notice of <my player char name> executing <my player char name> once.

Thanks for continuing to update one of the best mods for Warband. I just started playing and am experiencing a bug I once had with 1257AD version 1.03: When I try to talk to my party, their faces are hidden by tree branches. I looked up my prior comment from 2014 but no one ever supplied an answer, and iirc one day the issue resolved itself.

Any advice or help would be most appreciated. Cheers!

For those of you experiencing crashes after defending sieges, try using this configuration here. Is what i use. If you don't known where to paste this it's in Users/Documents/Mount & Blade Warband/rgl_config.txt. Backup your original file first.

Al-Mansūr said:
I think the map icons should be reverted to their normal size, it would make the map look better.
Nope that gives a sense of a smaller map. This isn't historically accurate.

Metaldwarf said:
Thanks for continuing to update one of the best mods for Warband. I just started playing and am experiencing a bug I once had with 1257AD version 1.03: When I try to talk to my party, their faces are hidden by tree branches. I looked up my prior comment from 2014 but no one ever supplied an answer, and iirc one day the issue resolved itself.

This a known bug. Must have to do with the scene used for conversations. I look into it.

All other bugs have been noted.

Congratulations for this piece of modding art!  :grin:

I would like to try it out but I do not know how to install it.

I played the 1.13 Angry Peasant Edition and it is still installed like that. I downloaded your 2.1rar and the 2.5 rar under ModDB. Can I copy it into 1.13version of 1257? Or what do I have to do?!?

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I guess I do not find the full version download link of 2.1! When I download it it is only of 1 KB size...maybe you can give me a proper link...or do I only need to install the 2.5rar...?

EDIT 2:

Finally, I managed to get the Mod running V2.5!!! Thanks a lot!!! Awesome!!!!!
  :grin: :grin: :grin:

I simply created a new folder for 1257AD Enhanced Edition under steam modules an it worked...!

The Enhanced Edition V2.5 of 1257 AD is great fun! Thanks a lot for all these new features! I guess I need holidays...

The only feature I dislike are the new textures for female faces and hair structure. I tried to copy the old faces into the texture folder but it didn't work...faces appeared black afterwards...can you tell me how to change it properly...? This would be very nice!

Many Thanks!

Halvar said:
The Enhanced Edition V2.5 of 1257 AD is great fun! Thanks a lot for all these new features! I guess I need holidays...

The only feature I dislike are the new textures for female faces and hair structure. I tried to copy the old faces into the texture folder but it didn't work...faces appeared black afterwards...can you tell me how to change it properly...? This would be very nice!

Many Thanks!
I answered that to another poster ITT before. Look for it.

Metaldwarf said:

On video options,set grass density to 20%,i suppose you have it at the minimum,had the same problem and after adjusting grass density it was fixed.

KratosMKII said:
Halvar said:

Many Thanks!

Thanks for advice! I guess I found the post you were talking about. It is #244 on page 17 of this forum. You write the following:

"You need to replace skins.txt and then add some lines that 2.0 had in module.ini. Then you have to paste any .brf that is missing in v2.1, as well as textures.

All other bug reports have been noted."

Can you tell me where I can download V2.0. I only have V2.1 and V2.5.

I have to apologize. My skills with modding issues are not very good. I am not sure what lines I have to add to the module.ini. And I guess the .brf missing are only added to the module.ini, aren't they?

And do I take the skins.txt from V2.0 either to replace them in V2.5?

Halvar said:
KratosMKII said:
Halvar said:

Many Thanks!

Thanks for advice! I guess I found the post you were talking about. It is #244 on page 17 of this forum. You write the following:

"You need to replace skins.txt and then add some lines that 2.0 had in module.ini. Then you have to paste any .brf that is missing in v2.1, as well as textures.

All other bug reports have been noted."

Can you tell me where I can download V2.0. I only have V2.1 and V2.5.

I have to apologize. My skills with modding issues are not very good. I am not sure what lines I have to add to the module.ini. And I guess the .brf missing are only added to the module.ini, aren't they?

And do I take the skins.txt from V2.0 either to replace them in V2.5?
You can get in the Nexus (in the old files section). And yes, take skins.txt from v2.0 as well. You can use a text compare tool like the compare plugin from Notepad++ to compare v2.0 module.ini with v2.1 module.ini, and then see what v2.1 removes and re-add them.

Thanks for reply and V2.6!!! :grin:

I downloaded V2.0 and looked into the texture folder and did not see any of the old women faces. I guess this is a misunderstanding. I was talking about the really old faces of 1257AD V1.13 AP. Is it possible to resurrect them?

Great job with 2.6.

There's a missing grass texture that causes white textures instead of grass.

GJtoCZo.jpg

First of all, thanks to keep this mod and doing changes over it, i beg you to keep it !

I state that I've read changelogs of 2.6 but I didn't try it yet, but i want to report a bug which i experienced, no idea if you ve ever looked at it or someone has reported it.

I was with kingdom of Denmark as vassal, sieging with marshal and others vassals a city, after siege was won, kingdom of denmark kept sieging themselves and fighting eachother.
I also experienced the red messages with some error about creating AI Lords, or something like that, next time i will share more details if you don't understand what i mean.

Last i remember, there was a party with 300 men as size, prisoner party ( i guess ), they were following me while i was with all others vassals. When they approached to me, others vassals around me of my same faction didn't join the war, as i was expecting.

Vayne said:
Metaldwarf said:

On video options,set grass density to 20%,i suppose you have it at the minimum,had the same problem and after adjusting grass density it was fixed.
Thank you, that worked!

I guess the patch isn't save-game compatible since Glasgow is still missing.

Halvar said:
Thanks for reply and V2.6!!! :grin:

I downloaded V2.0 and looked into the texture folder and did not see any of the old women faces. I guess this is a misunderstanding. I was talking about the really old faces of 1257AD V1.13 AP. Is it possible to resurrect them?
Yes do the same thing i told you to do but this time with the original 1257 1.13.

Metaldwarf said:
Vayne said:
Metaldwarf said:

Thank you, that worked!

I guess the patch isn't save-game compatible since Glasgow is still missing.
It is not. Read the changelog.

Thanks for advice. I guess my modding skills are not sufficient enough. I tried but it didn't work.

The other thing I tried is to replace the skins.files of the womenfaces of V2.1 01 - 18 with the old faces (1.13). I renamed the skin.files of the old  faces 18 x 4 times with the file names of V2.1. It worked but now the women look even more scary and deformed...hmm...I guess I have to avoid encounters with women in the game...

Back
Top Bottom