Was Hitler a good leader?

Users who are viewing this thread

Seltus

Grandmaster Knight
The reason why I'm starting this topic, is because I saw the same discussed on another site. There, the answers somehow surprised me.
The question is very simple: Was Hitler a good leader?

Compared to what you would consider a good leader. I've seen him being refered to many times as a brilliant political leader for example, but a horrible military one.

but as a politician and leader of a nation, he was brilliant.  smart and charismatic.  the fact that an entire nation was duped into some pretty stupid things proves this.

Ja.  :razz:

Evilknightz said:
He was no military mind, that ****'s for sure. Have you seen how he arranged his panzers during D-Day? What the ****! I could do better.

He didn't want to put them too close to the beach head to avoid another disaster like on Sicily, I believe, where the panzers pushed the Allies all the way back to the beach, before being blown to bits by the naval guns.

Tiberius Decimus Maximus said:
Ja.  :razz:

Evilknightz said:
He was no military mind, that ****'s for sure. Have you seen how he arranged his panzers during D-Day? What the ****! I could do better.

He didn't want to put them too close to the beach head to avoid another disaster like on Sicily, I believe, where the panzers pushed the Allies all the way back to the beach, before being blown to bits by the naval guns.
He didn't deploy them in a good defensive position inland either.

Also this
CommandStructureHitlersArmy.jpg

VS. This
comnaveu-p173.jpg

I couldn't find a very good command structure chart for Allies, but that should do.

not to mention the fact that creating a seperate SS from the army just ****ed things up a tonne for Germany.  Even the super-political Soviets didn't go that far.

He was a political leader, but his military prowess was not as whet as it could have been.
But what could you expect, he was up against the three lions and lady liberty.

and France and Poland and the Low Countries and Greece and Brazil and New Zealand and Canada/other British and French imperial places and most of his allies by the war's end.  and a lot of partisan movements. and other countries too.

Ya, but without the lions and lady liberty they would have all been ****ED!
Correction.
France and Poland had already been ****ed.
They'd all be speaking German.

Back
Top Bottom