SP Fantasy Warsword Fantasy Battles Mod / Warsword Baptism open test version out now

Users who are viewing this thread

First Skaven unit lacks of "Skaven head" helmet - so on battlefield we have nude skavens with...flat faces. I believe it's the matter of checking one pool in editor(making 100%that helmet will be included)

Sooo many shiny things in here, more than well done.

After 6 hours of slaugther...
The Firearms got, like written above, a requirement of 10,16, etc without any description,
no strength, agi, etc works.
I think its just a typo in the weapon-code (flintlock pistol works).

Ripnitch also got some skaven-parts but is still human.

Anything else is running fine for me, no mesh errors, no crashes,
everything works fine and solid.

Thanks to the team and
regards
Wolf

PS: nice new skin for the dark elves  :wink:

PPS: at the kingdom-managment it is only possible to choose the native factions
(sorry if this is intented and i overread it)

PPPS: this mod starts to need (and deserve) a sub-forum

So far I'm really enjoying it. Its rough starting out, but I like it that way to be honest. This is the world of Warhammer afterall, the weak die quickly here. I find the formation AI on seems to work rather well this time, did you guys change something? The archers remain in the rear, instead of marching up to get slaughtered like in native, the melee troops form ranks and march forward at specific timing, and the cavalry tactical charges are realistic. I salute the Team!

Tip: Either you or a companion should develop pathfinding asap. Its a BIG world.
Tip: Consider adjusting difficulty level, as the AI is much better.

@thomaster, are you using ironlauncher to start the mod?

"quickfix" for the weapon-requirement problem
open the item_kinds1 and change the following:

itm_gatgun Gatgun Gatgun 1  gatgun 0  341901329 4223161617350656 6750 0 10.000000 25 0 0 60 20 0 15 160 0 10 366 0

TO:

itm_gatgun Gatgun Gatgun 1  gatgun 0  341901329 4223161617350656 6750 0 10.000000 25 0 0 60 0 0 15 160 0 10 366 0

thats it, enjoy your weapon

@ the "i cant hit the xy"
RTFM, del CANT describe better how to install/play the mod than he is doing here

PS: @Praylak: changing the difficulty level is for the weak  :twisted: :wink:

I have found a small mistake/glitch whatever it's called:
The Saurus Old Blood Shield, when weilded appears in the middle of your forearm. looks like the shield becomes a part of the saurus. Other than that, see my last post.

Edit: Sword of Power stays in hilt when you have it out for use (like some of the other blades)
        I was tuning my graphics in the options menu when I got an RGL error, any ideas?:

"Unable to open texture file - Modules\warsword\Textures\Saurus_half.dds"

Q: Is the Blade of Leaping Gold supposed to be the size of a 2h and carried on your back?

phoenixguard09 said:
The Saurus Axe is backwards. 
It isn't for me when I use it.

Praylak said:
So far I'm really enjoying it. Its rough starting out, but I like it that way to be honest. This is the world of Warhammer afterall, the weak die quickly here. I find the formation AI on seems to work rather well this time, did you guys change something? The archers remain in the rear, instead of marching up to get slaughtered like in native, the melee troops form ranks and march forward at specific timing, and the cavalry tactical charges are realistic. I salute the Team!

Tip: Either you or a companion should develop pathfinding asap. Its a BIG world.

I'm still noticing that the formation AI causes a few bugs, but definitely less than previously.  I'm playing with it off to attempt to avoid those bugs that I have found.

del said:
Hi all
I hope you are enjoying the mod  :grin:

To answer some of you questions

Why is this for original mount and blade because this is the game we started the mod for , if we port to warbands is a question me and my two Co modders will decided at a later date.

We will be doing a fix file for warsword in a couple of days or so and any bugs you find we will try and fix , but I think the good points of the mod totally out class the bugs.

On the Form Ranks multiple battle groups i think that you and the hireable Npc needs 2 skill points in tactics for it to work.

Thanks for that, I'll put some points in tactics and see what happens.

---

Is anyone else getting crashes?  Admittedly, as I mentioned before, I'm playing on linux using Wine, so this could easily be a linux-specific issue, but I keep getting errors on memory reads, like some memory address that has been freed is attempting to be read.  Depending on the case, this either causes the game to freeze or crash.  I've also experienced some situations where it seems like keys are being constantly held down - the game doesn't recognize when I hit tab to exit a battle, or when I go to buy stuff clicking acts like shift+clicking or ctrl+clicking (the item goes straight to the other side of the screen, instead of letting me pick it up).  When that happens, I can't equip things.

Normally, I can save the game, quit out, and start it back up again, but it seems like this happens every half hour or more.  Any ideas what might be the issue?

hi;sorry for the nob question but how do i use firearms (I.E gatguns).  It tells me that i need 10 but it doesent say what i need... Great mod by the way

Everyone picked up on the Naked Dark Elf Lords. I found some Empire Lords lacking garments too. Probably same reason.
Generally looks very good though, map is nicely presented. I think it is quite a steep learning curve though, but you seem to have wanted a difficult start so fair enough, I can cope. Thanks again, I will update with any more issues, but I think this mod is excellent, as I have said already.  :grin:

Edit: Is the Grand Countess supposed to be bald?  :lol:
Minor Bug- Well, not really but all the Dwarf, Skaven and Saurus lords are referred to as female. Not sure why but its only minor.

I have sorted out most of the bugs now and will upload a fix file tonight sometime , let me know of any new bugs you find.

If you cannot hit one of the new races its because you have not changed the data file over , please look at first page of this thread.

Praylak said:

No but i dont have any other problems

Nameless Warrior said:
Glad everyone likers the mod. Thanks for the quick bug feedback, we will try and fix them quickly

thornton said:
Yes the shops can be annoying

What don't you like about the shop?

Lolz. All those nice things I said and you had to quote that one bit. I only meant in the same way that the shops are always annoying. Not being able to have faction specific items in one town and another in another etc, the randomness of them sometimes, having to hunt down all over the place to complete a set of armour. So nothing mod specific. Its just with all these lovely races I would love to be able to shop for Orc gear in Orc towns, Elven gear in Elven towns etc, but that's part of the native package. Anyway. I LOVE THIS MOD. And you can quote that! :grin:

Thornton said:
Nameless Warrior said:
Glad everyone likers the mod. Thanks for the quick bug feedback, we will try and fix them quickly

thornton said:
Yes the shops can be annoying

What don't you like about the shop?

Lolz. All those nice things I said and you had to quote that one bit. I only meant in the same way that the shops are always annoying. Not being able to have faction specific items in one town and another in another etc, the randomness of them sometimes, having to hunt down all over the place to complete a set of armour. So nothing mod specific. Its just with all these lovely races I would love to be able to shop for Orc gear in Orc towns, Elven gear in Elven towns etc, but that's part of the native package. Anyway. I LOVE THIS MOD. And you can quote that! :grin:

I appreciate all your positive comments, it's great to hear you are loving the mod  :grin: I was mainly addressing the issues in that post and I didn't mean that in a grumpy way, I meant that in a " Is there any way we can make this aspect better kind of way", sorry if it came off like that. That is the trouble with writing in text, you don't always come off as you mean.

Funnily enough Del came up with a great idea to do with this that we didn't have time to put in. Maybe it will make an appearance soon.

shadowarcher said:
how to equip the guns it says i require 10 it doesn't say anything else what does it mean by 10

It is meant to be strength

There is a fix coming out tonight which will fix that but if you want to do it manually now then look at wolfsbluts post a little while up and do that change in the file.

Back
Top Bottom