SP Fantasy Warsword Fantasy Battles Mod / Warsword Baptism open test version out now

Users who are viewing this thread

As promised, here are some screenshots of lizardmen stuff. Nothing in the way of armor though as none of it is in the beta I took these screens from.
spear
Lizard1.jpg

sword
Lizard.jpg

anyone who knows lizardmen lore knows that you would never see this lol I was just fooling around
LizardChaos.jpg

lord weapons and shield
lordweapons.jpg

n245775.jpg

m470184_99060208064_LizardmenOldBloodColdOneMain_445x319.jpg

Excellent ideas from Magecraft. I paticularly like the religion idea, which plays an important role in the Warhammer World. I'd like to maybe see Beastmen in another release, if this is possible, because they would be a cool and quite unique addition.  :smile:
The idea of War Machines was also brilliant, and I've seen a few mods with them, although its difficult toget right. Magic and magical equipment is another idea I liked. An example is some of the stuff in the Horde Lands mod, like the bow tha fires flaming arrows. Warhammer has a lot of magical weapons/armour so this might be a good feature to add in a later release?
Good work, and apologees to whoever I told to stop rushing them, because I think the devs like the feedback and we are all just so damn excited  :grin: :grin: :grin:

Are there gonna be Chaos Chosens? Or anything near as cool as them? :smile: If there is, any screenshots?

EDIT: Meh I missed one of the spoilers! Looks good except I think theyre a bit too colorful. Love the daemons sword, seen that in Warhammer Online :wink:

Something i'd like to see in the mod would be racial attributes; for example if you're playing as a chaos worshipper increasing an attribute called "favour of the gods" or something, would unlock better mutations. Similar with the empire, but gives access to warpriest gear. Orcs could have an attribute called "waagh strength" or "favour of gork, or was it mork?" :smile: I'dont know, just a thought. Keep up the good work.

On the magic item front the star wars conquest mod has some items that has bonus attached to them, something like this would work well I think.

No one has mentioned Flying grail knights riding Pegasuses, I believe that there is a flying code of sorts,that wud be something!

I've selected:
For the emperor!
&
For the Dark Gods! :wink:)

But I will also love to play as Orcs/Vampire Counts.
The things, I believe - you can do with this mod in his future will probably be:
-Improving existing models&textures/item balance, adding new ones (It's always a good way to improve mod in general)
-Creating new, warhammer-oriented scenes
-Adding Kislev :razz:
-Adding more complex quests with riddles and stuff
-Porting into Warband(Yeah, I know.)

I suppose the pool has been made to know which factions will be inclused in the next release but it seems that i've wrong.

Gabertios said:
I suppose the pool has been made to know which factions will be inclused in the next release but it seems that i've wrong.

Gotcha

The poll is to see whose people favourites are overall, not just the new ones. Also the ones which were in the beta have also had a makeover.

Nameless Warrior said:
Suicide said:
Hey, my first suggestion and someone actualyl noticed !  :grin:

For me it's Chaos and Bretonnia the most... but frankly I don't think I will stop at playing just those two  :wink: But really, can't wait !

And about stuff I would like to see in the mod. Aside from what already has been said I would love to have some more quests and equipment that you actually have to work for instead of just go to the shop. I would like to see some changes to tournaments which are now dull. Other than that you already have  :razz:

P.S. Oh, and it's BretoNNia  :wink:

This was an update I posted the other day about tournaments, they definately needed some love.

Sorry, I must have missed that  :wink: But that's great news !

And also, I just played and remembered something that I don't really like about M&B. Maybe it's just me, but there isn't much fun in playing foot character which sucks because I would love to use some foot heroes. But it's just too far to go anywhere on foot and cavalry is just more powerful. And that's change that I would really like too see, but I have no idea if it's worth doing something in this direction.

Suicide said:
And also, I just played and remembered something that I don't really like about M&B. Maybe it's just me, but there isn't much fun in playing foot character which sucks because I would love to use some foot heroes. But it's just too far to go anywhere on foot and cavalry is just more powerful. And that's change that I would really like too see, but I have no idea if it's worth doing something in this direction.

Foot soldier is fun, but given the new mounts that were are going to get like the new Cold Ones, WarBoars, undead, and those fine looking Breton warhorses, I'm compelled to get a mount this time around. Besides I don't think it impossible to do a foot soldier, just arm yourself appropiately and find good ground.

Suicide said:
Nameless Warrior said:
Suicide said:
Hey, my first suggestion and someone actualyl noticed !  :grin:

For me it's Chaos and Bretonnia the most... but frankly I don't think I will stop at playing just those two  :wink: But really, can't wait !

And about stuff I would like to see in the mod. Aside from what already has been said I would love to have some more quests and equipment that you actually have to work for instead of just go to the shop. I would like to see some changes to tournaments which are now dull. Other than that you already have  :razz:

P.S. Oh, and it's BretoNNia  :wink:

This was an update I posted the other day about tournaments, they definately needed some love.

Sorry, I must have missed that  :wink: But that's great news !

Ever since I started playing M&B about 75% of my characters have been on foot and every time I have tested warsword I have also been on foot and it was a blast. The only reason my first real character will be mounted is probably because of the broad amount of mounted species you can be in this mod.

Then again I have always prefered to be on foot in M&B so maybe it is easier for me to enjoy it. What is it you don't like about being on foot other than what you mentioned? If it is travelling then I always go high on athletics, don't wear crazy armour and keep some riding skill so I can jump on an abandoned horse on the field if I need to get somewhere quickly. The way I deal with cavalry is to have the ranged troops fire a volley when they charge, I also hand pick my targets with my bow. Then when in battle if I am not in hand to hand combat then I use my ranged weapon to dehorse their riders and once they are on the ground it doesn't matter. It is never really a problem for me.

Then it's just me then  :grin:

But seriously, the main reason is that it takes so long to get anywhere (and if that was different I propably wouldn't have a problem with this  :wink: ) It's just boring and because of that I never could force myself to play that kind of character. And wearing light armor and athletics is partial solution because if I you want a heavy armoured foot character (I wanted to play some chaos lord like this) you're screwed... The same with de-mounting enemies... you're absolutely right, you can do that from foot but it's not very effective. But I guess that just my way of thinking so I'm going to have to live with it... and become Bretonnian Lord  :grin:

del said:
Hi Emperor Milton , the banner is Great , if you get it done and to me by friday I will see if I can find room for it in the items as we a maxed out in the item py at the moment and that a lots of items  :lol:
I have finished the banner. It was more a matter of making it more torn up and adding a shield somewhere on it like you see on some Waaagh Banners.
Here's the new pic:
waaaghbanner2.jpg
and the file (it is a .wings but I can make it an .obj upon request):
http://rapidshare.com/files/407127285/Waaaagh_Banner2.wings.html
Hope you like it :smile:

Nameless Warrior said:
Gabertios said:

Gotcha

The poll is to see whose people favourites are overall, not just the new ones. Also the ones which were in the beta have also had a makeover.

No more "happy" greenskins faces? :razz: The head model was good, but eyes + mouth were...well, funny :razz:
I loved how greenskins looked in WAR.

Have the Skaven received any love? Their previous state would stand out like a sore thumb against the beautiful new models we've been seeing. I'd love it if you could show me an updated Skaven.

Since I'm working on the Redwall mod, its always nice to see how other people handle rodents =)

Back
Top Bottom