SP Fantasy Warsword Fantasy Battles Mod / Warsword Baptism open test version out now

Users who are viewing this thread

The otherside of the shore is also a hang up spot for the dark elves, so many of them are trapped at this point in the game (209 days) that they are getting owned by the high elves, who for some reason do not get hung up along the water

jnecros said:
The otherside of the shore is also a hang up spot for the dark elves, so many of them are trapped at this point in the game (209 days) that they are getting owned by the high elves, who for some reason do not get hung up along the water

Yes this was a bad area, in more than one way. Fixed in the new version, thanks for posting it.

here's the Orc fort, I've added some basic defences to the icon
mb400.jpg
mb402.jpg
mb399.jpg

I have some idea for magic. One for necromancy I have seen it used in a mod called solid and shade so you might want to check that out. And for a fireball spell you could have an invisible gun with the bullets like mana.

how do you get the skill to carry guns...
i am on holiday now but i know that when i try to give me
or a npc of my party a gun
its like you Fw_.... and a lot of strange signs show up
isnt high enough???

plz help :grin:

One more dark elf trap spot that I found:

Bretonnia hang up area:

This skaven unit is hung up here:

I was stuck here, and could only move on water tiles, the orc was stuck as well, and I had to hard restart the game to make it out:

Another problem area:

and another...

The dark elf assassin cloak is funky, at least on my guy.

The village of Worden, sylvania has major issues with gravity

"Bretonnian Lowbow Man" should read: Longbowmen

"Wraiths" may be changed to: Wraith

In other news: The chaos and empire factions do not seem very active in either of the two games I have over 100 days in. Basicly they fight each other over Brass Keep and that is about it, neither expands into other enemy areas, and chaos is hell-bent to take Brass Keep each time it is not theirs, but they never leave enough troops to keep it. Maybe this has to do with the faction size to start?

haflings are still in warhammer today, but they are dogs of war (mercs) they do not belong to any faction. But they are too weak that anyone wants to play with them... only collectors buy them. Citadel havent made any new hafling models for years, but the still produce them, but with old design.

And an idea for magic, you can use the same idea as the "force" from the "star wars galactic conquest" mod. It would be rally cool:smile:

And dragons would be awasame, but takes time, could use the cold one model just make them longer and with wings and change some details:wink: just a thought

wow, i discovered this mod a few days ago, have to say i love it.

though i have a few minor complaints.

Everything is to peaceful, there needs to be far more random bands around the map, there a few areas you find some, but you should be able to bump into orcs everywhere, there should be dark elf raiders along the coasts, chaos should be a nightmare, there should be massive warbands running around, killing and fighting, that is what chaos is about!

i love your compainions, the whole races thing makes them by far the most interesting list of compainions in any mod, they are absolutely wonderful! Even if it does take a rather long time finding them all! lol

not really played seriously yet, but i do really really like the game. but there needs to be far more random bands, thats the thing thats really hit me so far, the empire should be full of cultists, and orcs. Loren should be plagued by orcs, gold hungrey dwarfs, and, hate filled dyadds.

Oh, i did like the lizardmen invasion force, that was awesome. But Ultium (high elf kingdom, can't spell it) would be grand if the map was slightly altered, to five the impression of it being the u shape that it should be, doesn't have to let you access it, but suggest it better perhaps.

Oh, yes, final compliant. (sorry, don't want to sound a nag  :grin:) but gotreks axe just doesn't look right, if anyone deserves a unique item its him! lol

But i love this mod so far, its absolutely epic to get to play in the world of warhammer (oh i like the name as well, very clever!)

Hi Lord Raglan, glad to see another warhammer fan enjoying the mod.

There are some areas where there are loads of bandits but some areas are a bit peaceful it's true, usually because patrols and prisoner trains eat everything up. My next step is to work on some new questgivers for the mod so the player has more variety and things to do in the early game but after that I want to look into the bandit parties and put in chances of big bandit armies to spawn as well as adding more in in various places. You will find lots of Kislev in the northeast of the Chaos lands and beastman at the southeast, they are the main places. There will be more in later versions though.

Other areas where you can find alot of bandits (if you are looking for them) is beastmen near naggarond and the borders of Brettonia and the Wood Elf realm, skeletons in the empty land between Empire and Chaos as well as in the Orc kingdom. Goblins can be found in the Orc kingdom and in the northern forests of the Empire and Nords will be found all over the Empire and midland Bretonnia.

I am glad you like the companions, I deliberately didn't give Gotrek a special axe to stop the player nicking it from him. The only reason I gave him a special armour is because only Dwarf players who want to be a slayer can nick it so the chances are smaller. I gave Gotrek a normal axe for that reason although in my game I bought him a Black Axe of Krell and he is amazing. My favourite ever moment in the mod was 2 days ago when I had Gotrek with a black axe of Krell, Joseph Bugman with a hammer of vengeance and Merrenen with a spear of Twighlight and they were at the top of the ladder being seiged by Bretonnians. With the help of one or two other troops who could reach they literally took out half the oncoming army before they fell. I didn't even do anything I just watched the awesomeness and then felt inadequate as I got caught with an arrow to the head the second I advanced to join in  :lol:

Ulthean is that shape because of space issues, I like your idea about making it look U shaped but keeping it in that size, it could be done but it is up to Del if it is worth the work.

yes, i shall confess to giggling like a little girl the first time i watched gotrek run around the battle field, with felix behind him. lol

i think i did the same, i found the wizard guy and imported an old character, brought the axe which i gaze to gotrek then reimported a base character. I have to say, can't remeber the one, but it has like 75p its much more a gotrek axe, and i think he actually kills as many people as i do.

of the bandits, those in naggarond  are the only ones i've really found. And i've been around the map a few times, i think i saw te kislevs as well, but didn't fight any. I shall have another look around.

Oh, i visited the inside of some of the villages last night as well (rather than just clicking from the menu) something that would be absloutely amazing is if you were to redesign the scenery, just imagine visiting the oak of ages and seeing the tree, or going to nuln and having the smoke from the gunpower factories hanging over the city! Though that would be a hell of a lot of work, lol.

part of me looked for some magic, but i think the way it is now is actually better, magic is never really common enough to be really inbuilt in the game, and the magic items gives the impression without taking much work.

I like, i like a lot! lol, keep up the good work

There are MUCH better ways of implementing magic. I can't remember the names of the mods, but there are some good ones out there.

All my edits:
EDIT I: Here is the link to one of them at least, but I'm not sure if it works for npcs as well as the player. It works for npcs as well.

EDIT II: Here is another popular one. This is a good example of how it can be used.

EDIT III: This mod seems to have some interesting abilities as well.

EDIT IV: I haven't tried this, but it looks like it has some interesting spells as well.

EDIT V: Magic could still be very uncommon. Like only some lords, companions and optionally yourself, but when you'd see it, it would look much more impressive!

A question, does the price of goods have been edited in some way? because I think I've found out something which could destabilize the game a bit, I prefer to put it in spoiler... it has to do with something which will grant you thousands of denars quite easily, that it becames a bit too easy...

When buying linen and/or oil in Waldenhof and selling it to the chaos cities, you will get a profit of about 400 to 1300 denars PER ITEM that's kind of too much, I suggest decreasing the value of those products in some future version

As for me, I will not trade that anymore :wink:

Back
Top Bottom