SP Fantasy Warsword Conquest - New Opening Post

Users who are viewing this thread

Kazzan said:
On the lords case, is that during combats or during encounter scenes or in castles? Are you sure the character is wearing armor that is appropriate for their race? What did you use to make these changes?

For your second point, I believe you would require the module system for such a change.

After some testing it seems they only appear in their underwear while in castles and towns. I checked battles and when you meet them out in the field, and they will wear their new attire in those circumstances. I read somewhere that has to do with their new armor not having the correct flags to appear in the castle and town scenes? Anyhow, I haven't quite figured out how to fix that yet. The armor I gave them are variants of the bronze plate used by mercenaries such as volands venators. I have been successful in altering the units completely, but the Lords are still an issue.

As for the marketplaces, that is a bummer. I understand the mod authors won't be handing out the module system, so that will be out of my reach for now. In any case thanks for the quick response!

I might also be adding Estalia at some point in the future, but that would require implementing an entire new faction and new towns, villages and castles. Not to mention relocating part of the beastmen( was thinking of placing part of the beastmen in the forests of Bretonnia and the Empire). Any helpful tips and tricks as to how or even if that would be possible are welcome.

Daafiejj said:
Kazzan said:
On the lords case, is that during combats or during encounter scenes or in castles? Are you sure the character is wearing armor that is appropriate for their race? What did you use to make these changes?

For your second point, I believe you would require the module system for such a change.

After some testing it seems they only appear in their underwear while in castles and towns. I checked battles and when you meet them out in the field, and they will wear their new attire in those circumstances. I read somewhere that has to do with their new armor not having the correct flags to appear in the castle and town scenes? Anyhow, I haven't quite figured out how to fix that yet.

Your armour needs an itp_civilian flag. I believe the troop txt files can be edited with Morgh's editor to add this. http://forums.taleworlds.com/?topic=105928.0

@Daafiejj, you could use the save-editor to change the value of the town's slot it determines the faction-items with. if it's the same as Native then that's slot_center_original_faction. Change it to the number corresponding to the faction you want. Dunno if that will screw with anything else though.

To make it automatic, could maybe change the refresh merchant scripts to use store_faction_of_party. I think it's possible to manually do this as a text tweak. Unless the Warsword devs have changed the way it works.

In refresh_center_armories -1 try swapping
521 3 1224979098644774914 1224979098644774913 61
for
2204 2 1224979098644774914 1224979098644774913

See what happens when the armour merchants restock.

Edit: Just checked and this works for refresh_center_armories, refresh_center_weaponsmiths and refresh_center_stables.  All had current owning faction gear when the merchants refreshed.

No, at the moment we are working on bug solving and some other things while waiting for GSanders to come back working on the mod, as he's currently busy doing some really important IRL things.

We're going to update you all when we're going to have some concrete news though :wink:

I have a question about party sise editing. I tried to change valuse of Charisma and Leadership in *ini file, but it didn't work. What file should i edit, so it actually would effect the mod?

Maxkardinal said:
I have a question about party sise editing. I tried to change valuse of Charisma and Leadership in *ini file, but it didn't work. What file should i edit, so it actually would effect the mod?

Try using Morgh's editor. It's the main modding tool for M&B as far as I know.

I'm not the kind of guy capable of directing or counseling you about matters such as this though  :mrgreen:

Arsakes said:
Do you guys like the new high elves armours? To me they suck - I liked the old ones much more. The have reallly strange proportions.

Proportions are weird because the armors are ported from Warhammer Age Of Reckoning, and the cross-engine translation makes them look weird and kinda buggy (and helmets become enormous or too tiny). Theddd1 did his best working on them, but those are such different objects that they'll always have something off in Warband.

We are aware of it....

Hey. So. There's an old Freelancer bug in my save  that set my party's status to captured permanently. As a consequence, when I'm marshall, everyone claims I'm indisposed and won't follow me. floris.wikia.com/wiki/Issue_Marshalship

Is there any way to fix this, perhaps by editing my save? I reenlisted with the lord that got me captured hundreds of days ago. I also tried getting captured normally, both while as a normal lord and as marshall. Nothing's fixed it.

Double A said:
Hey. So. There's an old Freelancer bug in my save...

So far I know they removed the Freelancer thing with the new Version, you can download and try it http://www.moddb.com/mods/warsword-conquest/downloads

Feelancer is Heresy  :twisted:

Double A said:
I know, but I really want to conquer the map with this character. I've spent a damn long time on them. I'll only upgrade as an absolute last resort.

I had before 9 char with each on his own save... but the original game corrupts the saves after a while so i switched in the end with one char to all 9 saves and after each event I save up... in case one breaks i load a older one what might be 1 in game day or less I lost. Other then that I think there is no way to save corrupted saves it happed to me to another mod I used too not sure what courses the corruption.

Regarding future improvements to Warsword.

I think one simple yet completely GAME changing thing would be addition of Overhead spear thrust.
This is something that really makes spearman formations great beacuse it allows for 2rank deep attack.

From what I know it is possible to add overhead spear attck using morgh editor ( will check it).

PS: are the old armours for elves still in the game? Would it be possible to bring them back using item_kinds?

LAST_ACTION_HERO said:
Double A said:
I know, but I really want to conquer the map with this character. I've spent a damn long time on them. I'll only upgrade as an absolute last resort.

I had before 9 char with each on his own save... but the original game corrupts the saves after a while so i switched in the end with one char to all 9 saves and after each event I save up... in case one breaks i load a older one what might be 1 in game day or less I lost. Other then that I think there is no way to save corrupted saves it happed to me to another mod I used too not sure what courses the corruption.
I mean it's not game debilitating corruption. It should be possible to fix it by editing the save somehow. I do use multiple saves per character, though, but the crap impacting me happened about a year ago in game, which amounts of weeks of out of game effort.

Arsakes said:

I think one simple yet completely GAME changing thing would be addition of Overhead spear thrust.
This is something that really makes spearman formations great beacuse it allows for 2rank deep attack.

From what I know it is possible to add overhead spear attck using morgh editor ( will check it).

PS: are the old armours for elves still in the game? Would it be possible to bring them back using item_kinds?

I second this. So much. Please add the overhead stab.

Arsakes said:

Hoboistice did this submod that might interest you:

Upstab, crouching, etc for Warsword Conquest - http://www.mediafire.com/download/9k8bkyfmgfuocwc/Warsword+Flails%2C+Upstab%2C+Crouching+and+more.7z
A submod that adds upstab/1h upstab, crouching, pike bracing, animation speed tweaks, unlocked y axis punching, and a functional flail to the world of Warsword. Ball and Chain was changed to the Flail. Also adds some new features like halfswordable swords, readme in the file.
Updated for Warsword Conquest Patch 1

Articulo34 said:
Arsakes said:

Hoboistice did this submod that might interest you:

Upstab, crouching, etc for Warsword Conquest - http://www.mediafire.com/download/9k8bkyfmgfuocwc/Warsword+Flails%2C+Upstab%2C+Crouching+and+more.7z
A submod that adds upstab/1h upstab, crouching, pike bracing, animation speed tweaks, unlocked y axis punching, and a functional flail to the world of Warsword. Ball and Chain was changed to the Flail. Also adds some new features like halfswordable swords, readme in the file.
Updated for Warsword Conquest Patch 1

Thank you. That said, I think this should be a fundamental part of the main game, and not only a submod.

Back
Top Bottom