SP Fantasy Warsword Conquest - New Opening Post

Users who are viewing this thread

Wendek said:
Well Warsword uses standard Native behavior for factions afai,, and that's exactly what happens in Native : you can be at 100 relation with the Nords and at some point they're still going to declare war on you when you create your own kingdom.

then...no utility to upgrade a relation with a kingdom if they decide to attack you in traitor ....

the best DLC(mod) was Native Expension with the Dark Knight.This was a real challenge.

Note:If i was good for create a mod i will create a mod when you have invade alll nation and you have own all town,village and castle some stranger nation will be come invade you after ,this will be a good challenge.

like the mode revenge in the Native expension this was really nice idea.
and the Dark Knight come to invade you this was a good idea too.

i get a nice idea for a mod.

WHY NOT INTEGRADE GRADE IN MOUNT&BLADE?

Give a GRADE TO YOUR LORD

A EXEMPLE OF MY IDEA OF MOD

King=You(give a grade to your Lord)

Your Lord Vice-King(put your vice-King in a part where you want he defend it)(Vice-king can only have professionnal unit)(give him some lord for defend your kingdom)(need higth charisme and hight intel)(your vice-king can use general)(kill a vice-king ennemy will be give you more renow)(you can only have one vice-King)(he will be ask you what he need for defend the part of your kingdom than you asked to protect)(option:you will be able to change your Vice-King or retake the lord than you gave to him)(ask to your vice king to go invade a castle with the attribuate lord)(Vice-King stay far or the fight he will be not able to attack a town or a castle:eek:nly the general can do it)

Your Lord general(put your general in a part of your kingdom where u want defend it)(general can have only professionnal unit)(you can only have  only 5 general for defend your kingdom)(your general will be need a good leadership)(your general will be use Lord for defend your kingdom)(kill a general ennemy will be give you more renow)(Good stratagem,the general will able to protect a town with some lord than u give to him(he will be almost similar to your Lord vice-king)(option:you will be able to change your general or retake the lord than you gave to him)(give a Town to your general he will be use all unit and force than you gave to him for defend it)(he will be able to attack a castle,town that you asked to invade)(put your general in a town for protection or ask to him to invade a fief ennemy)(like that the patrol will be more useful)

Lord Major-(major will be do all the order to your general)(they will be indic where there need protection and where you can attack)
(your major inform you where the ennemy is weak where your castle is weak)(they will be follow the general if you asked to invade a castle)

Lord Lieutenant(they will be keep the stability relation with your lord(will be inform you who is loyal who is traitor)(will be work the relation of yopur Lord for a Stability), (they will be too alert you where u need upgrad your village,castle,town for a stability economic)

Lord Caporal:sad:they will be train for you or your vice king some professionnal unit)(you can have 5 Lord Caporal for you and 5Lord-Caporal for your vice-king)(they requierd intelligence:Training:Mentor.)

Lord Soldier-soldier will be fight for you ,your general or your Vice-King

Lord Recruit------------------

Minister:same option of M&B

'''Defend-Patrol'''-alert the Major of a eminent invasion,indique where the ennemy want attack(produce patrol,they will be alert the Major)'''(Defend the way of your Caravan)'''
(they will be patrol the whole area where you put them)

'''Spy-Patrol'''(place a Spy in the part of the ennemy he will be report to your Major which lord is weak wich ennemy place is weak)

Trade:Ask to a nation for trade with you:razz:rotect the way of your caravan against thief,enemy lord)
Alliance:ask a Alliance with a Kingdom
King Alliance:Ask to a allied King to keep the war with a nation or peace with a nation,upgrade a defense for your caravan(vice-versa)

for sure that only a idea like that.this can be change or upgrade.

Forgive me for the english i hope that understable.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
https://soundcloud.com/veemoth
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Veemoth said:

I don't think this will work in a feudal country x)

unter said:
Veemoth said:

I don't think this will work in a feudal country x)

this can be completly change that only a idea like that dude

Amazing world, amazing art, amazing job, but...when i saw units skills i was f***ing shocked. Really. I made a short video about skill points distribution on YouTube. You can try to find it and watch it - "Mount&Blade Warsword Conquest Idiocy" because i can not put external link here.

...I watched your video and I had to stop half-way there... God your arguements are...

Look dude, first of all you can't expect your faction to have invincible warriors, they are ARMY SOLDIERS, not LORDS, which means that THEY'RE NOT going to be as strong as Archaon or Karl Franz something like that, also there's going to be ALWAYS a faction that is better at something than yours, infantry, gunners, cavalry, whatever. If you want me to put some examples, better infantry than empire is chaos, better gunners than empire are either dwarves or skaven, and better cavalry is bretonnia. Just because they're top-tier soldiers it does not mean that they're going to be invincible, plus you're looking at the empire which from my point of view is overall balanced except the cavalry which is good, and also has its own good parts, for example they have good gunners and good cavalry, bretonnia has excellent cavalry but they have regular archers which is a big disadvantage, chaos has excellent infantry and good cavalry too but they have even poorer ranged units than bretonnia in my opinion, dwarves have both very good gunners and infantry but they haven't got any type of mounted unit, and the skavens have excellent gunners but most of their infantry is very bad except their rat ogres and stormvermin, and their cav is just trash. Also you complained about the blazing sun knight having 2 weapon master or something, which is useless for him seeing that his weapon skills surpass the weapon master 2 limit, which means that it doesn't affect him in the slightest,  and also called the carroburg greatswords "useless pieces of ****" just because they die in the battlefield, seriously? I play as Skaven and I usually lose 1/4 of my army with each big battle, 1/4 or maybe even more, maybe 1/2, but do you see me complaining about it? No, right? You're just mostly complaining about skills that the troops you talked about don't even need, and most of those that you complained about are weapon master... Also the point of the empire pistoliers is that they can shoot from a horse and escape from tough situations, that's why they're not that accurate with firearms, if you want an accurate shooter then get a dwarf or skaven top tier sharp shooter, or an imperial top tier gunner too, that works as well, unless you see that their weapon master skill is also at 0 and they automatically become **** for you... This is Warhammer Fantasy, not elementary school, there's death everywhere and if you don't like it it's your problem.

You're just complaining about YOUR faction not being over the others, which is what you want. Do you think the other factions all have every unit with better skills than the empire? No, as I said, every faction has their good and bad points, and if you can't accept that and just want your faction to be over every other one then feel free to go rage in a corner, but don't complain about it in here because you're not going to do anything.

Dorfus145 said:
...I watched your video and I had to stop half-way there... God your arguements are...
same me, but he doesn't understand the game, probably never read a book about Warhammer world...

also, probably he doesn't even read description for 'weapon master' skill, which state - it is personal skill, useful for a player and companions only, hehe

ech, those teenagers, always want world under their command :grin:

The Weapon Master Skill is litterly useless for anyone but Companions and players. And even there it doesnt make sense wasting your skillpoints on them. I highly suggest that you actully read the Skill descriptions. I have no idea of the lore myself, but your complaints seem silly. Espacilly since that video is 15 Minutes long.

He does ramble on the WM alot, which is quite silly indeed. Last I check, no troop in native has any point in that skill because it's useless for the troops. Swadian knights has 5 points in Ironflesh, Power Strike, Shield and Riding, 0 in Weapon Master, but is at 150 One-handed (base, in-game proficiency changes each new game). It's mostly the equipment that made the Swadian knights.

That being said, I am a bit confused at why so many units shown in his video have points in throwing. Also Glade Rider having no points in riding is a bit weird -- I'd assume it's for balancing but I have to imagine the that unit's peed is very low.

Can I also say that the Empire greatsword has starting weapon proficiencies of 190 in two-handed, 210 one-handed and 200 polearm is really weird? I mean, shouldn't that unit's highest weapon proficiency in either Two-handed or Polearm (I haven't played the game for a while, but I think I've seen greatswords in warsword being categorized as polearms)

The skills and WP on the Swadian Knights still make sense, for the most part. The knights fight with one-handed when bogged down, and crouched lances are good at about 100 points in polearm in native anyways. They are cavalry so they have points in horse riding. They are not horse archers so they have no point in archery or horse archery.

Edit: Also he showed the Ellyrian Reavers, which are mounted troops with spears and short bows. They have 0 points in Horse Riding, Horse Archery, also 0 in Archery. 175 in polearms, but 443 in one-handed and 512 in crossbow. I can't help but think they were made from DElf troops but their stats are mistakenly edited.

lcmiracle said:
He does ramble on the WM alot, which is quite silly indeed. Last I check, no troop in native has any point in that skill because it's useless for the troops. Swadian knights has 5 points in Ironflesh, Power Strike, Shield and Riding, 0 in Weapon Master, but is at 150 One-handed (base, in-game proficiency changes each new game). It's mostly the equipment that made the Swadian knights.

That being said, I am a bit confused at why so many units shown in his video have points in throwing. Also Glade Rider having no points in riding is a bit weird -- I'd assume it's for balancing but I have to imagine the that unit's peed is very low.

Can I also say that the Empire greatsword has starting weapon proficiencies of 190 in two-handed, 210 one-handed and 200 polearm is really weird? I mean, shouldn't that unit's highest weapon proficiency in either Two-handed or Polearm (I haven't played the game for a while, but I think I've seen greatswords in warsword being categorized as polearms)

The skills and WP on the Swadian Knights still make sense, for the most part. The knights fight with one-handed when bogged down, and crouched lances are good at about 100 points in polearm in native anyways. They are cavalry so they have points in horse riding. They are not horse archers so they have no point in archery or horse archery.

Edit: Also he showed the Ellyrian Reavers, which are mounted troops with spears and short bows. They have 0 points in Horse Riding, Horse Archery, also 0 in Archery. 175 in polearms, but 443 in one-handed and 512 in crossbow. I can't help but think they were made from DElf troops but their stats are mistakenly edited.

Thats exactly what ive tried to show. It is NOT normal that top mounted archer unit has ZERO weapon master, shield, riding, horse archery and power draw skills. I hope people realize that such unit is USELESS? This elven mounted archer NOT ABLE to kill anyone! Try it yourself.
And two handed top Empire infantry unit with power strike 5 190 in two-handed and 200 polearm? Really? What for?
Carroburg Greatsword: iron skin 7 (ok), power strike 4 (o_O), power throw 1 (?), pathfinding 2(?), inventory management 2(?), first aid 1(?), prisoner management 2(?), trade 2(?). One handed 270(???), polearms 260 (???), two handed 250. Main weapon proficiency is lower than two other useless!!!
Empire Ulric Swordsman: prisoner managment, inventory management, first aid, spotting, prisoner management, trade. Cool. While ironflesh 2, shield 2 and power strike 2.
Warrior Pries: power draw 4, power throw 1. What for? Trainer, pathfinding, inventory management 5, persuation, prisoner management, trade. What for?
But the most strange units are elven units. What for developers put 10 skill points to trainer and tracking to mounted archer while power draw, horse archery and riding are ZERO!
Yes I understand that weapon master is useless for NPC units, coz developers can just put points in weapon proficiencies, but for me personally to see the warriors without that skill is pain and it looks stupid.
Same goes to 100 denar companions with 5-5-5-5 attributes and ZERO in all skills. Absolutely useless bums.

I really love Warhammer universe and this module. Great work. Just trying to make this world a little bit more perfect :razz:

First off, if you just give your unit a high skill level you dont need that power strike ****, because your unit will be very fast and strong due to said skill.
Also, how we told you about 4 times now, Weapons Master is a useless skill for normal soldiers. From what I have seen so far, the high level elven shields dont break all that easily, so theres no need for the Shields skill there.
Just because the unit (Longsword) has some odd skills and proficiencies doesnt mean its broken. Just because the one handed skill is higher doesnt mean the double handed skill needs to be higher. Why would you bother setting all values to 0? That ****s anoying as hell with either Python or Morghs, so you just leave them as it is.

Looks stupid to you? Then change it. Mod developers are in no way ment to waste their time with entirly useless **** 99% of people dont give a damn about.

MrMundy said:
First off, if you just give your unit a high skill level you dont need that power strike ****, because your unit will be very fast and strong due to said skill.
Also, how we told you about 4 times now, Weapons Master is a useless skill for normal soldiers. From what I have seen so far, the high level elven shields dont break all that easily, so theres no need for the Shields skill there.
Just because the unit (Longsword) has some odd skills and proficiencies doesnt mean its broken. Just because the one handed skill is higher doesnt mean the double handed skill needs to be higher. Why would you bother setting all values to 0? That **** anoying as hell with either Python or Morghs, so you just leave them as it is.

Looks stupid to you? Then change it. Mod developers are in no way ment to waste their time with entirly useless **** 99% of people dont give a damn about.

They main functions of shields are coverage and speed you can raise the shield. With shield skill 10 you can kick my arse and ill block your kicks with shield in front of me. Shield resistance is tertiary. Maybe you didnt notice that units with high shield skill and shield in hands blocking strikes form the sides and from behind?
And of course ill mod it in my own way after i fully inspect it :razz:

P.S. The point of my fisrt post was very strange elven units...

Hey lads, I think you guys need to chill for a bit - don't tackle the newbie for not knowing the etiquette. Also Vym, you should be a bit more respectful towards the devs of the mod, you know. Talking about aspects of the mod as if they were the most outrageous thing on the planet does not bode well with anyone around here.

That being said, you may have some valid points with some units, and I hope that the devs will notice the good in your post rather than the bad :smile:

Uh, actually, you can have as much shield mastery as you want, but you'll still stagger whenever someone kicks you in battle (which in warsword conquest is no one because they're all npcs and npcs don't kick), that's how mount and blade warband works, even if you have a shield the size of a skyscraper, a runty goblin will still be able to make you stagger with his kick. It's just warband logic.

I think there's a guy in the forge currently implementing NPC kicking. Could be a bit weird in Warsword though, halflings kicking ogres backwards etc :smile:.

Well I don't want to get too much involved in all this. But there are definately some mistakes that slipped through in troops stats.
(from the top of my head: missing power throw for beastman raiders, no archery for halfhorn raiders but power throw instead, undead mercenary pirates with 0 firearms but archery instead, swords with 0 thrust dmg that have the thrust animation and so on)
So since THAT is something everybody could fix in morghs editor it would be nice to gather those mistakes somewhere and do it once and for all, saving the devs at least that time.

does somebody know of a good way to gather missing troop stats in one place so you get a complete list in the end? I would offer to make those changes unless someone of the team wants to do it. Of couse I'd need the troop file from the next patch

Also one question: Sometimes Morgh and in game troop stats don't match. (I think morgh showed mounted archery still 2 for clan rats but in game it was 0 for example) any clue why?

Incognico said:
Well I don't want to get too much involved in all this. But there are definately some mistakes that slipped through in troops stats.
(from the top of my head: missing power throw for beastman raiders, no archery for halfhorn raiders but power throw instead, undead mercenary pirates with 0 firearms but archery instead, swords with 0 thrust dmg that have the thrust animation and so on)
So since THAT is something everybody could fix in morghs editor it would be nice to gather those mistakes somewhere and do it once and for all, saving the devs at least that time.

does somebody know of a good way to gather missing troop stats in one place so you get a complete list in the end? I would offer to make those changes unless someone of the team wants to do it. Of couse I'd need the troop file from the next patch

Also one question: Sometimes Morgh and in game troop stats don't match. (I think morgh showed mounted archery still 2 for clan rats but in game it was 0 for example) any clue why?

I will try to do it. I just need some time to gather all ingame troops information and figure out all mistakes. It will take few days or maybe one week. Then we can discuss it together and make some tweaks.

vym said:
I will try to do it. I just need some time to gather all ingame troops information and figure out all mistakes. It will take few days or maybe one week. Then we can discuss it together and make some tweaks.

That's nice but there are so many people with different favorite factions that I think all the info is already there. We just need to gather it someplace (best not here with countless single posts :wink:)

By the way i would like to express my admiration to developers. Im 100% sure its the best art work of all modules. All these units armor design and arts are just absolutely amazing. I can not even imagine how much time of hard work it took. Thank you very much.
Meanwhile ill try to gather and analyze all factions top mounted melee units.

vym said:
By the way i would like to express my admiration to developers. Im 100% sure its the best art work of all modules. All these units armor design and arts are just absolutely amazing. I can not even imagine how much time of hard work it took. Thank you very much.
Meanwhile ill try to gather and analyze all factions top mounted melee units.

Then you have a looooooooong list of people to thank, not only us :grin:

Back
Top Bottom