SP Fantasy Warsword Conquest - New Opening Post

Users who are viewing this thread

Nameless Warrior said:
What about the High and Wood elves?

What group/organisation would be on friendly terms (or at least left alone) by the elf authorities but attack everyone else?

angry forest spirits would be very plausible for a force that would attack intruders to athel loren and even leave the forest to attack villagers in surrounding lands, but leave wood elves alone

high elves, i dont know

Nameless Warrior said:
What about the High and Wood elves?

What group/organisation would be on friendly terms (or at least left alone) by the elf authorities but attack everyone else?

High elfes
I would recommend cult of plesure cultist or something like that. There should be still some left, lurking in the shadows.
The dark elfes should have some fitting armors

Wood elfes.
Well, they have often problems with that smaller tree guys gone mad. But until there are some fitting models, how about beastman? They should fitt.

Empire
Instead of flaggants gone crazy, how about beastman here to? The forests of the empire are in the lore full with beastmans and greenskins, and this could be a good way to weaken the empire a bit more. Some 60 man beastman hordes around Midenheim? That should work. :grin:

Nameless Warrior said:
Ok so I have an idea which may help with the bandit issue and the fact that kingdom patrols annihilate them before the player has a chance to fight them. I can make bandit spawns which are friendly to the faction they are in but hostile to everyone else. These are some of the ideas I have had although models for them may be a problem.

Empire: Sisters of Sigmar (any female armour OSP?)
Dwarf: Deathseekers (lower level slayers, articulo is helping with new armour and hair vairations)
High Elf: ?
Pirate: Brotherhood bandits (armour already in game)
Chaos: Chaos zealots (just make them friendly to chaos, any other interesting ideas?)
Tomb Kings: Restless dead (mixture of undead troops)
Lizardmen: ?
Night Goblin: ?  (maybe snotlings if someone can turn the halfling body into one? or just bandit orcs)
Araby: ? (maybe some kind of religious group which would attack everyone else?)
Orcs: ? (snotlings again or just bandit orcs maybe)
Bretonnia: ?
Dark Elf: Khaine worshippers (armours in mod)
Skaven: ?
Kislev: ?
Beastmen: ?
Nippon: ?
Vampire Counts: Restless dead (same as tomb kings)
Wood Elves: ?

Does this sound like a good addition to the bandits we already have in the game and can you think of ideas for the factions above bearing in mind our lack of modelling capability.

Hey Nameless, great mod so far ! Better than Acok for my taste ! A great bravo to all the modding team !

For Orc, you can make bands of savage orcs. They live in the east of the orc empire, and can also be enrolled in Orc armies (lore speaking) having wild band of them pattoling the badlands would be easy to do (i guess ?) and lore friendly.

For Brettonia: I like the baron leading peasant into battle for honour, you can even extend it to pilgrim looking for knighthood by the way of arms.

For Empire: Fanatics is indeed a good idea, lead by some priest of sigmar of ulfric.

Kislev: Ice witches ! A powerful sisterhood within the kingdom of Kislev and ensure its protections against ALL threat: different religions, foreign influence... They are really conservative/protective which would explain their behavior. This come from the lore of Warhammer, i didn't made it up.

Wood elves: wild rangers with tree spirits. Also very protective toward the forest, they do not hesitate to attack on sight everything that might be a threat.

I will keep studying warhammer lore for other ideas, i hoped i helped a little bit :smile:

I was sailing without looking around because i thought the sea was pretty safe for a 150+ men party, then a 1000 men undead pirate party engaged me.

I managed to witness the most bugged sea battle ever, with ships teleporting everywhere like dragonball z fights while men stood still, floating in the air or walking in the bottom of the ocean... I mean if the beta version of warsowrd conquest had pretty buggy seabattles these are just KING SIZE BUGGED

Can you change the kingdom color? I settled in the kislev/sylvania/empire area and i got chaos north that looks just like me...

Also I get the mercenaries bugged x9 spammed in chat as well as those annoying red script errors all the time

And siege of Tabelheim Is SO bugged, troops get stuck before climbing the siege tower... and in some cities goblins can't climb stairs

I'm old so I had to do something about the colors in this game but I'm too attached to my current character to restart.  Here's what I did without losing my save if anyone is interested:

1) Went into TweakDB set the faction colors to be what I wanted, saved.
2) Started a new game, finished chargen, entered the world and saved.
3) Downloaded and ran the MnB SaveGameEditor from here: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=295270.0
4) Open the newly saved game with Save Game Editor, load up the save I just made and copied out all the color values for each faction.  I'm sure there's a way to skip steps 2 and 4 but I can't figure out the math because the values you enter in for colors in TweakDB are not the same values you see in the save game.
5) Close the temp save game made in step 2 and load up your backup save of your actual game, go in, edit all colors and save.

:grin:

So, for instance, all the bandit type groups are now hot pink so I can see them in the midst of the Kislev baby blue people.  You young people and your working eyes.  Get off of my lawn!

Nameless Warrior said:
Bugs and issues are two different things but both are important to fix. The hot fix may be a while yet but what we have fixed is significant so it should be worth the wait.

Just giving my two cents but personally I'd much rather have a "first" (well ok it's technically the second one) hotfix early on that fixes most of the stuff you've already done like game balance and desertion. Yesterday I joined a 650 Beastmen vs 170 Wood Elves fight. My character is something like level 10 and the army mostly mid-tier (and I was at 30% hps) so I got KO'd early and it was more of a "spectator" fight with AI vs AI. And the Wood Elves absolutely steamrolled over the Beastmen. Not only did they win and inflict something along the lines of 350 casualties, they still had around 70 standing units afterwards. So even if some advantage is perhaps warranted, this is really way beyond what I would expect. And you've already said that rebalance is part of the next patch, and I'm pretty sure afterwards this stuff wouldn't happen. No matter the faction, with such huge numbers I think the bigger party should basically always win if it has a normal army composition (i.e. not 700 peasants obviously, we had dozens of Thunderhoofs and Minotaurs) and both are AI parties. (of course the player can win with ridiculous odds in the endgame, but it's the player)

I'm totally fine with a third savegame-breaking patch afterwards honestly if you have some new stuff to develop (like this new and very neat "friendly bandit" idea). But well maybe I'm in the minority I don't know - just sharing an opinion.

My new series on the 2016 version. srry it took so long.

Ep. 1 - Balaar the Unbeatable - Warsword Conquest 2016 - Chaos - Warband Mod

how about battle pilgrims fro brettonia? fanatically devoted to the grail knights (even dead ones!) who will fight anyone they belive has profaned against them.
for empire,definately warrior priests of sigmar leading flagellant fanatics. hostile to everone and everything not sigmar.

for the lizardmen,perhaps the red host of tenenhauin?with the red crest skinks? who also hate everything even a little bit non lizardy.

kraggrim said:
Nameless Warrior said:
Dwarf: Deathseekers (lower level slayers, articulo is helping with new armour and hair vairations)

Nice, post what you've got articulo, I want to compare :smile:.
Would that I could. I think he means somebody else because fixing those scabbards was as far as my "modeling" skills can take me.

Nameless Warrior said:
Ok so I have an idea which may help with the bandit issue and the fact that kingdom patrols annihilate them before the player has a chance to fight them. I can make bandit spawns which are friendly to the faction they are in but hostile to everyone else. These are some of the ideas I have had although models for them may be a problem.

Empire: Sisters of Sigmar (any female armour OSP?)
High Elf: ?
Pirate: Brotherhood bandits (armour already in game)
Chaos: Chaos zealots (just make them friendly to chaos, any other interesting ideas?)
Tomb Kings: Restless dead (mixture of undead troops)
Lizardmen: ?
Night Goblin: ?  (maybe snotlings if someone can turn the halfling body into one? or just bandit orcs)
Araby: ? (maybe some kind of religious group which would attack everyone else?)
Orcs: ? (snotlings again or just bandit orcs maybe)
Bretonnia: ?
Dark Elf: Khaine worshippers (armours in mod)
Skaven: ?
Kislev: ?
Beastmen: ?
Nippon: ?
Vampire Counts: Restless dead (same as tomb kings)
Wood Elves: ?

Does this sound like a good addition to the bandits we already have in the game and can you think of ideas for the factions above bearing in mind our lack of modelling capability.

First of all excuse my bad english

Lizardmen: Secret temple defenders (Lizardmen who defend the ancient temples in the jungle from the human raiders)

Bretonnia: Lady of the lake fanatics

Skavens: Clan moulder hunters (skavens who hunt slaves for experimental purpose)

Kislev: Ungol nomads

http://warhammerfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Ungol

Araby: Nomad tribes "The toughest fighters come from the nomadic tribes of the deserts, who are greatly feared by the more civilised traders who ply their trade along the caravan routes through the great deserts."

http://warhammerfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Araby

I will suggest a big party of bandits for empire like chaos hordes and goblin forest armies (between 40-60), something like Separatist armies. The separatist armies could represent the conflicts between some regions in the Empire who are always conspiring for power. Some regions as Talabecland and Marienburg have a strong sense of independence.

I have to suggest add a few haflings in the human bandits as they act in the war armies as cookers.

Great mod and great work

Nameless Warrior said:
I can't do beastman as there is no reason why the native factions would not attack them.

articcactus is making some dryads so I can use those for wood elves.

Tell that my empire which took beastman lords as their vessels. : |
Ah yes. modding limitation.
I hope bannerlord will be more mod friendly for total conversion

Savhos said:
And siege of Tabelheim Is SO bugged, troops get stuck before climbing the siege tower

Yeah, my vampire army got stuck at the siege tower too.  It became a slow trickle up the stairs.  Very bloody fight.

Dwarves are also getting mad at me for no reason that I can determine.  I sometimes lose standing with them, though I am not attacking them.  Unless they are taking offense to me beating up Stigmar for some reason. 

I just modified a couple of the heavy Chaos armors to improve visibility in first person. On one hand it´s relatively easy to do and gameplay is improved by a large margin, on the other they don´t look so good (I had to remove most of the pauldrons) and it would be a shame to have them on AI troops.

Any chance of adding three more (Undivided, Khorne and Nurgle) items to the total?

This is how they look:

Khorne (still needs some adjustment to get the cape right) - http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/259335871098096932/A818CAF17D4EAE1D268E58FB8FB6FEE712EA3364/

Undivided - http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/259335871098096344/F98302E4730E02A29267DBEFEA3D5136F57C0E8B/

Man I really do feel like a Chaos Champion. I just told my army to wait at spawn, and solo'd 30 enemies, 20 Hobgoblin riders and 10 Chaos Trolls.

Is it just me or were Chaos Trolls nerfed by the way? I've noticed they perform far more poorly than my Ogres or Khorne Heralds. Their durability seems to have gone down.

The big chunks of the greenskins are done, and working fine. So i took a small break, and created some meshes for the skaven. Did create a new bodymesh, and made it a bit more bulky, and less human like.

2c139c7494.jpg
9a0baac448.jpg

I realy like the basic shape it gives the cloth, in this case the basic form of the new clanrats. The texture is just a bake, so i get a feeling for the basic shadows, while thinking about the bits, and type of armors they will get. Thought about skulls, but that would be a bit to orcish, and kinda booring. Maybe just some containers for starters, and maybe some symbols. Or do you guys have any ideas?

About the armor.
From what i have seen, the most wear leather scale armor. But i would like to make them a bit more.. rubbish and poor looking. Any ideas? Some nice reference picutes?

0b231d0399.jpg

30308ce769.jpg

Back
Top Bottom