SP Fantasy Warsword Conquest - New Opening Post

Users who are viewing this thread

Hey guys.

After applying the fix and Birger Jarl update, the peace finally started counting down. Finally the game started to move again. Thanks !

However there is a balance issue i just have to address: Arabay Janissary now use firearms ? 

That by itself is extremely off putting though it is true in history the Janissary used firearms, though i preferred them with bows.
But whats the real problem is the fact that they have 0... yes ZERO firearms skill.  Yet they still kept their 205 archery skill...
Before they were very potent ranged unit, not the best ingame but very good still, now i feel like they are quite worthless.

Can anyone please fix this in any way possible ? Either give them back their bows, or Swap the Archery and Firearms stats so it actually supports the weapon they wield ?
Or at least tell me where can i manually change this please. I hate to see a good unit gone due to a clear error in system files.

^ You can use Morgh's editor to make either change very, very easily actually. Alternatively you can edit your troops.txt file manually with notepad, but since there is a much easier way which only involves a small download from this very site I would suggest you get the editor...

I dont know if its fine with makers of this mod but i made a little submod of mine.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=C50343C588F5CD25!632&authkey=!AJObc-rozAstgjY&ithint=file%2ctxt

http://www.filedropper.com/troops - file Dropper link for those without OneDrive account.

Easy enough - paste into Warsword folder and overwrite.

What it does :
1. Human, Dwarf, High elf , Dark Elf and Lizardman Villagers that you rescue can now be upgraded into respective factions 1-tier troops ( Human into Empire Militia ).
2. 2 new soldiers - Empire Officer - highest tier of Empire footman upgraded from Empire captain and Empire Sniper upgraded from Empire Sharpshooter - for those who like pure infantry army ( dont worry you still can get Pistoliers and Blazing Sun knights - its a branch )

In the future : i have no idea, possibly other fixes that i would like ( probably some entire troop tree for Female Villagers )

Complaints, ideas, questions are welcome.  :mrgreen:

Myrdin said:
Hey guys.

After applying the fix and Birger Jarl update, the peace finally started counting down. Finally the game started to move again. Thanks !

However there is a balance issue i just have to address: Arabay Janissary now use firearms ? 

That by itself is extremely off putting though it is true in history the Janissary used firearms, though i preferred them with bows.
But whats the real problem is the fact that they have 0... yes ZERO firearms skill.  Yet they still kept their 205 archery skill...
Before they were very potent ranged unit, not the best ingame but very good still, now i feel like they are quite worthless.

Can anyone please fix this in any way possible ? Either give them back their bows, or Swap the Archery and Firearms stats so it actually supports the weapon they wield ?
Or at least tell me where can i manually change this please. I hate to see a good unit gone due to a clear error in system files.

Are you using just the Simple_Triggers.txt or my entire sub-mod? Because I just double-checked and Janissaries do have the appropriate Firearms skill in it.

If you are just using the Simple_Trigger fix, find a way to upload your Troops.txt and I'll modify it for you.

Hi, going for a vaguely cheat character (gold/truesight/30 int with 10 surgery) with Empire Sharpshooters and Bretonnian Knights. I've started invading and can't seem to find a way to recruit any lords. Can anyone help? I have spare lands I could provide. I own one town and one castle.

Hello everyone.
I don't look at this mod for a long time again and i have a question.
Any new updates for this mod? News?
I have installed mod again, with bug fix and Birger Jarl's fixes. That's all there is at this moment?

And i have a question about my in-game error "Invalid party id". It's appearing with bug fixes anyway.
Also, i'm using a Birger Jarl's sub mod and Calradia in Darkness. Steam last version of the game.

And sorry for my ugly english.

Myrdin said:
Hey guys.

Where can I find more info on this update? This sounds like it may fix my game. Does it also display war declaration messages when you are attacked (AI on AI war declarations still show up in my game).

EDIT: Never mind, I found it, although is it save game compatible?

nath9091 said:
Hi, going for a vaguely cheat character (gold/truesight/30 int with 10 surgery) with Empire Sharpshooters and Bretonnian Knights. I've started invading and can't seem to find a way to recruit any lords. Can anyone help? I have spare lands I could provide. I own one town and one castle.
The lords will come to you over time, either because they don't like their ruler, or because their ruler don't like them. It may take some time regardless of how much land you take. That said, lords without lands will defect eventually.
Good luck with holding your fiefs on your own against hordes of enemies (it's a nightmare).

Sir Moneybags XII said:
Myrdin said:
Hey guys.

Where can I find more info on this update? This sounds like it may fix my game. Does it also display war declaration messages when you are attacked (AI on AI war declarations still show up in my game).

EDIT: Never mind, I found it, although is it save game compatible?
The Simple_Trigger.txt switcheroo ought to be save game compatible, but bigger changes such as my submod is not.

If anyone is interested I created a wiki to post some troop trees because I could not find any. I have finished the first 7 factions and will do the rest over the next few days.

I cant post a link but if you want to find them search warsword conquest at wikia.com

Scorpius_skin said:
I think i found a bug in the game, my Trainer skill doesnt work at all when i play the Male character, it worked all good when i played a dwarf, i have hired a couple o swabbies? or a couple o militia and none o them gets experience each midnight and i have trainer skill at 2.
is it supposed to be like this or is something wrong?

I have this problem too, do you know what Is I doing? But i play Female Breton

Are all your troops same or higher level than you ? If you're still early in the game, even tier 2 troops could be higher than you and thus trainer won't work on them.

Birger Jarl said:
Are you using just the Simple_Triggers.txt or my entire sub-mod? Because I just double-checked and Janissaries do have the appropriate Firearms skill in it.

If you are just using the Simple_Trigger fix, find a way to upload your Troops.txt and I'll modify it for you.

I used the whole pack, but when in game i talked to my Janissary and Janissary Officiers and they still keep their old stats but different weapon. I might have done some error when copy pasting the stuff but it makes no sense to change just what they have but not their stats, if its in one doc.

I´ve uploaded the Troops text doc. Link: http://www.docdroid.net/n3cf/troops.txt.html
Since you are willing to take a look at it, could i ask you, instead of addressing their stats, to put back their old equipment ? I´d much rather run them with bows, as i hate using gunpowder units in my army, but i am trying to keep with the theme of the Faction i fight for.
Thanks for the offer anyway good sir ! :wink:

Myrdin said:
Birger Jarl said:

I used the whole pack, but when in game i talked to my Janissary and Janissary Officiers and they still keep their old stats but different weapon. I might have done some error when copy pasting the stuff but it makes no sense to change just what they have but not their stats, if its in one doc.

I´ve uploaded the Troops text doc. Link: http://www.docdroid.net/n3cf/troops.txt.html
Since you are willing to take a look at it, could i ask you, instead of addressing their stats, to put back their old equipment ? I´d much rather run them with bows, as i hate using gunpowder units in my army, but i am trying to keep with the theme of the Faction i fight for.

Did you perhaps use the same save game as before you installed my sub-mod? Equipment changes are save-game compatible, but troop stats are not so that would explain it. Looking at your Troops.txt everything checks out, too.

Birger Jarl said:
Myrdin said:
Birger Jarl said:

Did you perhaps use the same save game as before you installed my sub-mod? Equipment changes are save-game compatible, but troop stats are not so that would explain it. Looking at your Troops.txt everything checks out, too.

Yes i continued from a Save game file. Well thats a bummer, dang....
So now the only way to fix em is either start a new game (not feasible as i am too deep into the game) or to somehow restore their old equipment... Sigh, no idea what to do now.... though i believe there was a comment about some editing tool mod.

If you are talking about Morgh's it doesn't change what's savegame compatible; it is merely a txt editor so the results it yields are exactly the same as manual editing, it only makes it much easier and user-friendly. I'm afraid the only hope would be editing the savegame file itself, assuming troop data are stored in there somewhere... I say you are better off just starting a new game

Hey guys !

Just to let you know, i managed to get it working ! Talking to you here, gave me kinda an idea how the system works.
What i did was open the Troops doc from before applying the patch that made them use firearms, searched for the Janissary and manually copied both them and the Janissary officer into the new Troops doc.
Loaded the game and there you go, they have their old gear back, meaning no more using firearms with 0 skill. Bows for the win ! Yaaai !
So as far as equipment goes, it seems you can alter it, without the need to start a new game.
Thanks for useful ideas !
Cheers

Back
Top Bottom