SP Fantasy Warsword Conquest - New Opening Post

Users who are viewing this thread

Its alright we have Birger Jarl  :grin: and to think it all started with a question about changing a troop upgrade path. If im not mistaken though one of the member of the dev team posted not too long ago about balance in the next update.

Notsure said:
Its alright we have Birger Jarl  :grin: and to think it all started with a question about changing a troop upgrade path. If im not mistaken though one of the member of the dev team posted not too long ago about balance in the next update.

Last update from a dev was 21 days ago, and I wouldn't consider some guy uploading minor tweaks to be a suitable replacement.

Im curious what kind of feedback/update do you expect from the devs ? last ive seen they were busy with RL and since modding is a hobby we have to wait until they can work on it again.

Random question:

Would it be heresy to give Swordmasters of Hoeth a shield? There is currently no reason to go down their upgrade path rather than the Phoenix Guard/White Lion one...

I just had a couple questions. I'm playing as a Dwarf just started my own kingdom I was wondering how much right to rule do you need before your recognized as a king by other rulers? I have 64 and almost 800 renown

Also was wondering about claimants every single traveler only knows where warlord blacktoof I was wondering where the dwarf is

Toke 505 said:
Also was wondering about claimants every single traveler only knows where warlord blacktoof I was wondering where the dwarf is

As of now, there are no others unfortunately.

oh ok thanks I was wondering appreciate all the work your putting in this is the best mod and ive tried almost all of them

Birger Jarl said:
Random question:

Would it be heresy to give Swordmasters of Hoeth a shield? There is currently no reason to go down their upgrade path rather than the Phoenix Guard/White Lion one...

It would be EXTRA heresy.

Also, could you please be so kind as to post a changelog somewhere? Your patches are always a welcome sight, but I'd like to know what they do, exactly :grin:

Oh and btw, all the factions are still making peace with each other, and I notice you said in one of the previous patch descriptions that the problem is solved...

Birger Jarl said:
Random question:

Agree with GeneralLeo, it would be super heretical! Maybe just increase their 2-H skill? PG and WL's are supposed to be great with polearms, if I remember correctly, so if you make Swordmasters really really good at their niche skill they might be worth keeping? I'm guessing with a higher skill they might be better than the others at fighting infantry...

GeneralLeo said:
Oh and btw, all the factions are still making peace with each other, and I notice you said in one of the previous patch descriptions that the problem is solved...
What the patch fixes is the everlasting peace bug. Now peace treaties end when they are supposed to. Sure it´s weird to watch Chaos and the Empire become best buddies all of a sudden, but right now the mod is using vanilla diplomacy so that´s how it´s supposed to work.

Articulo34 said:
GeneralLeo said:
What the patch fixes is the everlasting peace bug. Now peace treaties end when they are supposed to. Sure it´s weird to watch Chaos and the Empire become best buddies all of a sudden, but right now the mod is using vanilla diplomacy so that´s how it´s supposed to work.

Oh bugger, I thought it would make the factions more belicose, but I guess this works as well...

cpt_freakout said:
Birger Jarl said:
Random question:

Agree with GeneralLeo, it would be super heretical! Maybe just increase their 2-H skill? PG and WL's are supposed to be great with polearms, if I remember correctly, so if you make Swordmasters really really good at their niche skill they might be worth keeping? I'm guessing with a higher skill they might be better than the others at fighting infantry...

White Lions not only also use two-handers, but they are one upgrade further than Swordmasters which makes them the highest tier Infantry available to the High Elves and as such they pretty much outclass Swordmasters in every single way.

What I am thinking is perhaps to turn White Lions into a Cavalry unit instead and have them ride a lesser version of the War Lion mount. This would allow me to bump Swordmasters up to the #1 Infantry unit spot and allow the White Lions some interaction with their iconic beasts.

GeneralLeo said:
Birger Jarl said:
Random question:

It would be EXTRA heresy.

Also, could you please be so kind as to post a changelog somewhere? Your patches are always a welcome sight, but I'd like to know what they do, exactly :grin:

I'll probably bundle together some fixes later today; they will include an overhaul to the Orcs armour visuals as well as fixing the bug with discoloured/backwards hands - I'll try to compile a more detailed changelog to go with it.

Oh, and remember it is just a cease fire not an alliance or something - I'm sure that even in the grimdark future past of Warhammer there is such a concept as cease fire?  :razz:

I've been playing this mod a lot recently and I have to say it's fun...However I think a few things need to be addressed.

1.  Random events - It would be nice to have a lot of random events that pop like in the "ACOK" mod (a clash of kings)  Otherwise it's just a boring grind for honor hoping to find prisoners to rescue or villages with legit quests...not to mention all the other things random events do that would make the mod more interesting...such as stat boosts / decreases / money boosts / decreases etc...

2.  Orc's and High Elves - They need to get wayyyyy stronger.  Most of their units are a joke (well the high elves archers are good but their infantry...yeah...not so much!)

3.  Kislev as a faction would be cool - Just make the units they have in the game from the lore or even the mod "Call of Warhammer" that's made for Medieval 2 Total War Kingdoms.

4.  Morale with big army - For some reason now that I have a big army some of my companions such as Thrud are constantly losing moral (except when I fight big battles) can't this be fixed?

5.  Factions at peace - Happens wayyyy too much!  Silly to think the Dark Elves / High Elves and the Empire and Chaos would ever sign a truce!

6.  Custom Quests - At least a few of them spread across the world (one for each faction) would be much appreciated (I don't think there are any currently...but I guess I could be wrong!)

That's about it for suggestions...This mod truly is one of the best and I look forward to any improvements made to it in the future!

https://www.sendspace.com/file/pv980u

Changelog:

*Fixes*
- Truce duration normalized; no more ever-lasting peace! Grimdark!
- Captain Melon has graciously provided fixes for several broken siege maps (i.e the attacking units couldn't leave the ramp because of an invisible wall etc.)
- Dwarf, Goblin and Skaven hitboxes tweaked to allow archer AI to properly hit them. Or rather, a higher chance to hit them - it is not a perfect fix....
- Trolls can no longer spawn during a "Train the peasants" quest (40-50 Trolls at once was not a fun fight).
- Comes bundled with the official bugfix, which must be installed before my tweaks, which fixes a lot of issues as well.

*Changes*

You can expect to see a lot of names changed to either make more sense in terms of upgrade paths, faction identity and all around Warhammer-ness.

Big Monster Units (i.e Trolls and Ogres)
- A minor buff in armour (these guys are bullet/arrows/bolt magnets!)
- Weapons altered to only allow downswings; horizontal swings would often go above the heads of regular troops.
- Weapons given "Crush Through".

Ammunition
- All ammo except Cartridges have been given more capacity.
- Pirate towns now sell Explosive Cannon Balls. These are potentially extremely overpowered, but fun to use with the Hand Cannon. Use them at your own risk.

Dwarves:
- Nerfed Tunnel Fighters, those guys are insane in vanilla
- Buffed Engineers by replacing their Hand Cannon with a Seven-Barrel Repeater
- Re-dyed slayer mohawks to be proper ginger.
- Ironbreaker now upgrades from Longbeard rather than Hammerer.
- Rebalanced Shields; Dwarf shields were vastly superior to anything else. Vastly.

Orcs:
- All around buffs to all units; Archers in particular.
- Rebalanced Shields; Orc shields very vastly inferior to anything else.
- Savage Orcs can be upgraded one step further and gained some throwing weapons.
- Boar Boyz can be upgraded one step further.
- Added a new unit, Chukka Boyz, which are mounted orcs with throwing weapons.
- Armour texture has been modified to give Orcs a more crude and savage appearance.
- Fixed Orc hands being discoloured and ,in the case of the left hand, backwards(!!!).
- Added a unique texture for the Orc troll.
- Redid the banners for a more orcy look.

Chaos:
- Split units into two groups; Chaos Undivided and Khornate. Khornate units hit harder but are less tanky.
- Added new Khorne-themed items.

Pirates:
- Split the Infantry troop tree into two paths; one which has a buckler (small, but very resilient and fast to block melee strikes) and one which spawns with Flintlock Pistols.

Tomb Kings:
- All around buffs to most units.
- Tomb Lords have 10 Surgery in order to simulate the undead nature of their troops.

Araby Sultanate:
- All around buffs to most units.
- Janissaries have been given rifles rather than bows, this gives them a unique ranged combat style that mixes fast firing bows and slow firearms.

Goblins:
- Goblins are in a generally good place by default.
- Added a unique texture for the Goblin troll.

Skaven:
- Like the Goblins, Skaven are also in a pretty good spot by default - with one exception....
- Given Globadiers more Globs to toss.

Bretonnia:
- See Goblins/Skaven.

Empire:
- General buff to most units.
- Certain armour have been given a slighty Head armour bonus to represent the neckguards sported by these models.
- Warrior Priests have been given substantial Head armour bonus on their robes to balance them against other elite troops that do come with helmets.

High Elves:
- General buff to all units except cavalry.
- Shadow Warriors melee capabilities buffed.
- Shadow Warrior helmets added.
- White Lions changed to a cavalry unit.
- Swordmasters and Phoenix Guards buffed; they are now equally good but comes with different weapon types.
- Several unused Lord-exclusive items have been returned to their owners.

Dark Elves:
- General buff to all units except Archers.
- Repeater Crossbowmen renamed and given a fancier helmet to make them look awesomer.
- Repeater Crossbow given a longer reload time to balance out this beast of a weapon.
- Blackguards buffed and given a new upgrade (which makes them more powerful than Swordmasters/Phoenix Guards).
- A new kind of Cold One mount has been added for Dreadmaster unit (it was really unfair that the High Elf counterpart got a friggin' lion to ride on while he was stuck with a regular Cold One!)

Lizardmen:
- General buff to all units.
- Skink Blowpipes given greater range.
- Saurus Cold One Riders have dropped their Spears in favour of Swords which makes them much more formidable.
- Skink War Riders given couchable Lances.
- Scar Veteran moved up a tier and buffed - they now share the same tier as Revered Guardians so you can pick between a tank or a damage dealer as the final Infantry upgrade.

Outlaws:
- Added a Halfling bandit party.
- Added a Savage Orc bandit party.
- Added a Thief unit to various parties.
- Added a Chaos Troll unit to replace the regular Troll bandit party. You have been warned.

Anyone else have an issue with building barracks and not being able to recruit troops still afterward in a castle?

Also, I watch videos by a fellow on YouTube (Reformist) where he has the ability to direct his troops in combat by placing a flag...? Is that a whole different mod? Seems he does it in any game I see him play. Can't find a reference to it anywhere in the handbook...

ShaneRoach said:
Anyone else have an issue with building barracks and not being able to recruit troops still afterward in a castle?

Also, I watch videos by a fellow on YouTube (Reformist) where he has the ability to direct his troops in combat by placing a flag...? Is that a whole different mod? Seems he does it in any game I see him play. Can't find a reference to it anywhere in the handbook...

hold f1 and point at where you'd like you fodder to go

Back
Top Bottom