SP Fantasy Warsword Conquest - New Opening Post

Users who are viewing this thread

Nameless Warrior said:
Orcs will also get patrols and a third town which will also help the map power of the faction.

Oh yeah that's a really good idea; the wandering Dwarfbands does help the Stunties immensely when they are fighting the Orcs who don't have any patrols. Trying to add patrols to the Orcs was the first thing I tried when I started out making the sub-mod, but alas it wasn't possible. Really happy to see that idea actually happening.

And a third town just sweetens the deal.

Registered here to post that I am really looking forward to the next patch & its updates, & to add my voice to requests for armored Warrior Priest headbands (for the player & the unit) & more Ransom Brokers to offset the increased amount of major cities.  :iamamoron:

I just found out, that Khorne Chaos Knights have a lower level than Undivided Chaos Champions. Is that intended or a bug? Because the first one are supposed the high tier unit?

Hoellenbote said:
I just found out, that Khorne Chaos Knights have a lower level than Undivided Chaos Champions. Is that intended or a bug? Because the first one are supposed the high tier unit?

One is just a knight (essentially a mounted Chaos Warrior) whilst the other is a friggin' Champion of Chaos. :wink:

I was wondering: Is there a way to add it so that Strength for Orks increase party size instead of charisma? I mean since they only seem to respect strength it would kinda make sense.  Or is this all hardcoded?

ive also seen in other mods where you increase party size the more battles you win,that would definatly make more sense with orks.

DahndI said:
I was wondering: Is there a way to add it so that Strength for Orks increase party size instead of charisma? I mean since they only seem to respect strength it would kinda make sense.  Or is this all hardcoded?

Interesting idea. I like Leonn's way of battle wins adding to party size for orcs (strength is too easy as an orc player naturally gravitates towards strength anyway). I could make a points system where you win points for winning big battles and each point adds a party member but after a certain amount of points the player starts losing relation with the Orc King as he is worried about a coup. I will add that the idea to my lost of possibilities.

leonn said:
ive also seen in other mods where you increase party size the more battles you win,that would definatly make more sense with orks.

They'd have to be battles of a decent size otherwise people would probably just farm halflings :razz: Also some other Ork themed stuff that could be fun: If you fight a battle where you lose or take casualties above 50% of your troops you should be challenged by one of your top tier troops to single combat. If you win you gain renown or some of those points. If you lose you'd lose all your troops as they would then follow the victor instead.

That'd definitely make the experience more Orky and Hard mode :razz: In my just started game I am barely better equipped than a savage Ork yet I am commanding Black Orks..

the mod that does this is perisno. you wont get more party size by fighting small bandit parties,but the bigger the fight the more you get.  not sure of the ratio but it seems to 5 or so every battle.  cheers

edit. i also seem to recall that when an ork chief keeps winning battles he gets physically bigger! pushing my luck to ask for that i suppose!

leonn said:
edit. i also seem to recall that when an ork chief keeps winning battles he gets physically bigger! pushing my luck to ask for that i suppose!

Awww you reminded me of how players wanted their Orc model in WAR to become larger with Renown Rank increase....

*sigh*

Good times.  :cry:

leonn said:

Yes absolutely, that happens because Orcs have an adrenaline-powered system that causes them to grow bigger and stronger every time they fight; essentially Orks do not age, they simply keep growing bigger and meaner (and of course GREENER) until they get killed, which happens almost always... with notable exceptions of course (damn you Grimgor!  :lol:).  That's how a smart Warboss (ok I admit calling an Orc smart is a bit far fetched, but still...) can avoid being overthrown: when he sees another warrior starting to get too big he can quickly kill him to avoid trouble, assuming of course, he does not get killed in turn...  :shifty:

After all what can you expect from fungal spawn? The only thing they are good for is taking hammerblows on their thick empty "skullz" for Sigmar's greater glory  :twisted:

stiggy said:
i find that with the ogres and giants and big chaos demons when they die their model seems to expand across the map and then on the main travel map some writing disappears or foes black instead of white or appears int the wrong place has this by any chance been fixed or is this unfix-able ?

I think that might be up to your computer. I've had something similar happen once or twice in other mods (Floris, for some reason), but I reset the graphics settings, downloaded new drivers for the video card, and then it never happened again.

That Ork strength idea is really cool!

Maybe you could do something similar for Skaven, if at all possible: if you flee mid-battle from Lords that have more renown / bigger armies, then you get more honor with your faction :razz: Or something like that!

Blast it. I've just re downloaded after swiping my pc clean and something I just noticed during this battle against the stunties: They have no beards! I seem to recall that there was a fix for this posted somewhere back?

DahndI said:
leonn said:

They'd have to be battles of a decent size otherwise people would probably just farm halflings :razz: Also some other Ork themed stuff that could be fun: If you fight a battle where you lose or take casualties above 50% of your troops you should be challenged by one of your top tier troops to single combat. If you win you gain renown or some of those points. If you lose you'd lose all your troops as they would then follow the victor instead.

That'd definitely make the experience more Orky and Hard mode :razz: In my just started game I am barely better equipped than a savage Ork yet I am commanding Black Orks..

Something exactly like this exists in TLD mod!!!!!  There is a script that is triggered only if You are playing orcs. From time to time Your troops begin grumbling against your leadership and after few days some high tier troop challenges player for single combat. The duel takes place in a circle made by the player troops and if You loose, some % of Your army abandon You (certainly following the winner). If I recall correctly this happens regardless of your party morale.

Birger Jarl said:
Hoellenbote said:

One is just a knight (essentially a mounted Chaos Warrior) whilst the other is a friggin' Champion of Chaos. :wink:

But why does it get trained in the friggin war academy then, which is that expensive?

I also would love to see some kind of buff to the Chaos faction to allow them to deal with archers and sieges better. High level troops pretty much win every fieldbattle with decent terrain, but i just get bloody murdered in any form of siege. I cant seem to get enough surgery going to amassing those casualties.

Hoellenbote said:
Birger Jarl said:
Hoellenbote said:

But why does it get trained in the friggin war academy then, which is that expensive?

I also would love to see some kind of buff to the Chaos faction to allow them to deal with archers and sieges better. High level troops pretty much win every fieldbattle with decent terrain, but i just get bloody murdered in any form of siege (i am looking at you Sigmarians and Bretonians... :shock:). I cant seem to get enough surgery going to amassing those casualties. It would just a balance, since we dont have the options of other factions to soften the defenses with our ranged combat. Even Orcs can do that!

Back
Top Bottom