SP Fantasy Warsword Conquest - New Opening Post

Users who are viewing this thread

Cavalary is always more expensive by default in Warband.

Also, Chaos isn't really a shooty faction other than magic and daemonic siege; neither translates well into Warband.

Just made an account (and a second 'cause the last one had a user name that was ... yeah, sorry about that) to say that this mod is so very awesome, thank you for the hard work.

I'll echo the 'Orcs're outclassed unfairly!' sentiments, very glad to hear that they're getting the third town they need and the wandering patrols will no doubt even things betwixt them and the stunties considerably :smile: I do feel that they maybe need some more armour (since the armour is race specific and they have a larger hitbox you can just upgrade orc armour I thought) or perhaps health, otherwise ranged combat is deeply upsetting for the poor greenies. Even if they don't get toughened up I'm pleased to hear of the new town, it shall be a big help.
Another issue I've found with my orc, his pauldrons have spikes - cool, orcs love their spikes, I'm on board with that, but they make it kiiiiiind of impossible to aim my seven barrelled dwarven rifle in first person mode, pistols aren't much better. I mention this as I find first person tend to make you hit more often and I don't think that is my imagination.

Could the Orcs' and Goblins' trolls either get different looks between them (orcs = stone, goblin = river) or different names, it is a little odd having two 'Troll' units in the roster. So yeah, a name change, no stat change seems to serve any purpose but if they're not going to be in the same group then give them different names.

Orc weapons could be orc only/have bonus against shield/crush through blocks? Maybe you think that'd be overpowered, I just felt it made sense, but I can see why you'd want to avoid it.

The Nameless One helpfully provided a list of companions along with their likes and dislikes (which sounds creepily like a dating website now that I think of it), many thanks for that as I was doing it the hard way and hiring people and writing it down :razz: Now I'm just stealing your list instead of finishing mine, mapping out all factions' troop trees was enough of a task on its own.
One issue I had with his list versus mine:
Scarloc - I don't think he does like Eleanor, he likes Scarloc. The text all points to it being Eleanor, yes, but the name is Scarloc and somewhat tellingly I'm pretty sure he told me about how much he admires her when she wasn't in the party.

Is Middenheim prison going to be fixed? You can get in, but you can't get out (I suppose that means it is a good prison and consequently doesn't need much fixing ...) Just went in to save another captured lord (I'd forgotten you could do this, in Native I tried when I was just starting out for the first time and got destroyed, in Prophecy of Pendor I got destroyed as I was too low level ... here I am a well levelled and equipped orc who commands his own faction - I WRECK FACE! Or I'm a rat with a slew of guns, either way this is freaking fun!), needless to say you get in, talk to the lord and find the door is just painted onto the wall. I believe I am up to date and have the bugfix working fine ... (1.167 with bugfix).

One of the Dwarf cities has an issue where I can't reach the city itself, I mean to say that when I 'Walk the streets' I start at the entrance, but I can't get from there to the streets, there are a lot of stairs and over the balustrade I can see the town underneath the staircase, but there seems no way to get down to it - this leads to needing to cheat to kill off defenders in the street during sieges. (P.S. love the castle design for dwarves, those must be amazingly fun to defend in a siege with all those murder holes and sloped battlements.)

I imagine this one is a bit of a huge ask and unlikely to register much interest with the already immense workload, but would it be possible to do 'toned down' versions of the new cities? The Skavenblight city leads to huge slowdown, orc cities aren't much more fluid to play in and the Skaven arena is unplayably slow on my admittedly decrepit computer.

Once the next patch is released (YAY, NIGHTGOBLINS! :grin: No need to rush, I've been getting an entire army of them already via prisoners, ah squigglies how I love thee, let me count the ways ...) perhaps the one after that could look at a Vampire Counts inclusion? *Hopeful face* That'd totally make sense as being done by the player's personal race as that's rather how they work.
It is easy enough to make a vampire count style character as they look human and the skeletons are fine - but they're styled as filthy Tomb Lord followers, and there's no zombies ('cept zombie pirates who're very cool, but level up back into skeletons), no fleshy dead at all, no vampire elite units, banshees, ghouls, wraiths, dire wolves, nightmares, winged nightmares (just tougher horses with a weird look, not expecting you to make flying creatures - that'd be nuts). C'mon, you already have those skeletons and zombies ... you know you wanna give us vampires and wights and such.

Magic items, race specific armour - ones for Orcs?
And the Grudge Hammer is - I presume - broken, it has a speed of nine.  Guessing that is a typo 'cause it makes it completely unusable.

More armour options for Skeletal characters? I went wandering (fine, I went cheating 'cause I'm trying to learn about the mod, curse your perceptiveness!) and found I can wear most native armours like byrnies and coat of plates along with Bretonnian armour and one or two Empire pieces. I was wondering if it'd be possible to open up the rest of empire clothing for them and/or High Elf and Dark Elf armour. Very pleased I could get some non-Tomb King clothing for myself, thanks for allowing Bretonnian gear at least 'cause I'm a special snowflake and I don't wanna look like a sun worshipping, Egyptian mummification-reject.

Is there a helmet for skaven that gives them horns akin to those sported by the leader (or one of the leaders, I can't rightly remember) of their faction (you know the guy, white fur with freakin' horns)? If not, could we get one?

Could we perhaps (I am whiney aren't I?) get increased stacks for throwing weapons? I plan to do this for myself with TweakMB later but it seems like it'd be a good thing for everyone - no?
An option for higher number of recruits being available at villages would also be delightful as I find it harder to keep up with some of the huge stacks I've been seeing in this mod (and these variables aren't available in TweakMB for Warsword).

That's all I can think of right now, hope something in there was in some way useful feedback. Anyway, the main thing anyone should take from this overly long post is 'Thank you, this is awesome!'

Speaking of TLD, I remember it had a script that won't allow you recruit "evil" troops as a good guy and vice versa.
Perhaps something like that would be great for this mod.

Having crushthrough on everything would be horribly OP, horribly, horribly OP. What's with the focus on the green idiots anyway, plenty of other faction in the mod.

Bobtheheros said:
Having crushthrough on everything would be horribly OP, horribly, horribly OP. What's with the focus on the green idiots anyway, plenty of other faction in the mod.
The boys are seriously underpowered right now, practically one of the first factions to disappear in the mod.

Nameless Warrior said:
DahndI said:
I was wondering: Is there a way to add it so that Strength for Orks increase party size instead of charisma? I mean since they only seem to respect strength it would kinda make sense.  Or is this all hardcoded?

Interesting idea. I like Leonn's way of battle wins adding to party size for orcs (strength is too easy as an orc player naturally gravitates towards strength anyway). I could make a points system where you win points for winning big battles and each point adds a party member but after a certain amount of points the player starts losing relation with the Orc King as he is worried about a coup. I will add that the idea to my lost of possibilities.

Maybe other Orc-Lords get at last a better Relation with the Player - a new Waaagh-Boss rises?

AzeaBraxi said:
Just made an account (and a second 'cause the last one had a user name that was ... yeah, sorry about that) to say that this mod is so very awesome, thank you for the hard work.

I'll echo the 'Orcs're outclassed unfairly!' sentiments, very glad to hear that they're getting the third town they need and the wandering patrols will no doubt even things betwixt them and the stunties considerably :smile: I do feel that they maybe need some more armour (since the armour is race specific and they have a larger hitbox you can just upgrade orc armour I thought) or perhaps health, otherwise ranged combat is deeply upsetting for the poor greenies. Even if they don't get toughened up I'm pleased to hear of the new town, it shall be a big help.
Another issue I've found with my orc, his pauldrons have spikes - cool, orcs love their spikes, I'm on board with that, but they make it kiiiiiind of impossible to aim my seven barrelled dwarven rifle in first person mode, pistols aren't much better. I mention this as I find first person tend to make you hit more often and I don't think that is my imagination.

Could the Orcs' and Goblins' trolls either get different looks between them (orcs = stone, goblin = river) or different names, it is a little odd having two 'Troll' units in the roster. So yeah, a name change, no stat change seems to serve any purpose but if they're not going to be in the same group then give them different names.

Orc weapons could be orc only/have bonus against shield/crush through blocks? Maybe you think that'd be overpowered, I just felt it made sense, but I can see why you'd want to avoid it.

The Nameless One helpfully provided a list of companions along with their likes and dislikes (which sounds creepily like a dating website now that I think of it), many thanks for that as I was doing it the hard way and hiring people and writing it down :razz: Now I'm just stealing your list instead of finishing mine, mapping out all factions' troop trees was enough of a task on its own.
Scarloc - I don't think he does like Eleanor, he likes Scarloc. The text all points to it being Eleanor, yes, but the name is Scarloc and somewhat tellingly I'm pretty sure he told me about how much he admires her when she wasn't in the party.

Is Middenheim prison going to be fixed? You can get in, but you can't get out (I suppose that means it is a good prison and consequently doesn't need much fixing ...) Just went in to save another captured lord (I'd forgotten you could do this, in Native I tried when I was just starting out for the first time and got destroyed, in Prophecy of Pendor I got destroyed as I was too low level ... here I am a well levelled and equipped orc who commands his own faction - I WRECK FACE! Or I'm a rat with a slew of guns, either way this is freaking fun!), needless to say you get in, talk to the lord and find the door is just painted onto the wall. I believe I am up to date and have the bugfix working fine ... (1.167 with bugfix).

One of the Dwarf cities has an issue where I can't reach the city itself, I mean to say that when I 'Walk the streets' I start at the entrance, but I can't get from there to the streets, there are a lot of stairs and over the balustrade I can see the town underneath the staircase, but there seems no way to get down to it - this leads to needing to cheat to kill off defenders in the street during sieges. (P.S. love the castle design for dwarves, those must be amazingly fun to defend in a siege with all those murder holes and sloped battlements.)

I imagine this one is a bit of a huge ask and unlikely to register much interest with the already immense workload, but would it be possible to do 'toned down' versions of the new cities? The Skavenblight city leads to huge slowdown, orc cities aren't much more fluid to play in and the Skaven arena is unplayably slow on my admittedly decrepit computer.

Once the next patch is released (YAY, NIGHTGOBLINS! :grin: No need to rush, I've been getting an entire army of them already via prisoners, ah squigglies how I love thee, let me count the ways ...) perhaps the one after that could look at a Vampire Counts inclusion? *Hopeful face* That'd totally make sense as being done by the player's personal race as that's rather how they work.
It is easy enough to make a vampire count style character as they look human and the skeletons are fine - but they're styled as filthy Tomb Lord followers, and there's no zombies ('cept zombie pirates who're very cool, but level up back into skeletons), no fleshy dead at all, no vampire elite units, banshees, ghouls, wraiths, dire wolves, nightmares, winged nightmares (just tougher horses with a weird look, not expecting you to make flying creatures - that'd be nuts). C'mon, you already have those skeletons and zombies ... you know you wanna give us vampires and wights and such.

And the Grudge Hammer is - I presume - broken, it has a speed of nine.  Guessing that is a typo 'cause it makes it completely unusable.

More armour options for Skeletal characters? I went wandering (fine, I went cheating 'cause I'm trying to learn about the mod, curse your perceptiveness!) and found I can wear most native armours like byrnies and coat of plates along with Bretonnian armour and one or two Empire pieces. I was wondering if it'd be possible to open up the rest of empire clothing for them and/or High Elf and Dark Elf armour. Very pleased I could get some non-Tomb King clothing for myself, thanks for allowing Bretonnian gear at least 'cause I'm a special snowflake and I don't wanna look like a sun worshipping, Egyptian mummification-reject.

Is there a helmet for skaven that gives them horns akin to those sported by the leader (or one of the leaders, I can't rightly remember) of their faction (you know the guy, white fur with freakin' horns)? If not, could we get one?

Could we perhaps (I am whiney aren't I?) get increased stacks for throwing weapons? I plan to do this for myself with TweakMB later but it seems like it'd be a good thing for everyone - no?
An option for higher number of recruits being available at villages would also be delightful as I find it harder to keep up with some of the huge stacks I've been seeing in this mod (and these variables aren't available in TweakMB for Warsword).

That's all I can think of right now, hope something in there was in some way useful feedback. Anyway, the main thing anyone should take from this overly long post is 'Thank you, this is awesome!'

Wow, great feedback AzeaBraxi.

I had a look at Middenheim's prison, and it is indeed broken. I have sent a fixed version to Dale. Thanks for pointing it out. Very helpful!

Can you let me know which Dwarf city is giving you the walking issue?

Skavenblight is pretty unique. I don't think I will ever make another city as huge and detailed as that one. I'm interested to know how many other players find the city 'too huge' for siege battle. There's no point having a pretty view if it can't be played properly.

It's dissapointing to hear that Skaven arena battles are slow for you. I wonder if it is the battlefield smoke effect that contributes to that? I don't think it will be toned down unless there is an overwhelming response from players saying that it is too laggy.

I can't comment on orc cities, as they are not my design.

AzeaBraxi said:

Thanks for all the feedback.

Orcs have some of the best armour in the mod (only the savage orc line are squishy) and they have lots of shields. I can't see myself buffing them any more. That sounds awkward with the pauldrons, the new grim age chaos models have a similar issue with third person shooting/throwing, aiming is so much harder as view is obstructed.

I will ask del about a seperate skin colour for the trolls to differentiate. Scarloc issue has been fixed.

I am sure vampire counts will be in at some point, maybe the next release after this. The main issue is the player character face as we have no skins left and if you want new teeth you need a new skin. We are planning to offer chaos dwarf as a player character option in the new release but as we have no new skin they will have to forgo the teeth and just have the beard. Vampires will be the same but I don't think it will be as obviously missed.

The grudge hammer is fixed and there is a large amount of new magic armours and items incoming. You are right there is not a lot of skeleton armour options. Hopefully we can add some more soon. I think the leader horns is a whole head rather than just the horns so I am not sure on that one.

I don't plan to increase the amount of villagers you get per village but I hope to add some more villages in to increase the amount of places you can recruit. I have also added the humanitarian and cult master characters to taverns where you can exchange rescued villagers for new troops.

I was thinking about the throwing weapon amounts last night while playing my beastman infantry/thrower character. I will definitely consider it.

AzeaBraxi said:

I actually did this in my sub-mod; Orcs use stone trolls while gobbos use river trolls.

The devs are more than welcome to use those reskins in the next version (as well as any other resource I made).

Nameless Warrior said:
We are planning to offer chaos dwarf as a player character option in the new release but as we have no new skin they will have to forgo the teeth and just have the beard. Vampires will be the same but I don't think it will be as obviously missed.

So if you captured a city you would be able to get a chaos dwarf faction? If so how would it get any lords?

I discovered some WAR artwork of Karak Eight Peaks that made me feel a little underwhelmed with my current version.

In response, I've had a go at sprucing up the Castle main entrance for siege battles:
orcs.jpg

DahndI said:
Nameless Warrior said:
We are planning to offer chaos dwarf as a player character option in the new release but as we have no new skin they will have to forgo the teeth and just have the beard. Vampires will be the same but I don't think it will be as obviously missed.

So if you captured a city you would be able to get a chaos dwarf faction? If so how would it get any lords?

In the first warsword you were able to buy lords for your faction, we could implement something like this for chaos dwarf, night goblin and halfling.

Nameless Warrior said:
DahndI said:
Nameless Warrior said:

In the first warsword you were able to buy lords for your faction, we could implement something like this for chaos dwarf, night goblin and halfling.

That would be quite awesome if you did that. Otherwise there would be little point in trying to create your own faction at all with those new races.

Yay for fixed prisons!

The city where I could not get from the entrance to the streets was Karaz A Karak.

Regarding Skavenblight, it used to run very slowly with about a fifty/fifty chance of crashing when trying to get to the streets, now it is one hundred percent. The same thing affects Iron Rock of the Orcs for me. I went to Iron Rock to check this just now -
Walk the Streets = Crash.
Defenders Sally = Slow, but fine.
Leading the Assault = Slow, but fine. (To be clear, by fine I mean it is stable and there's no problem I can see with the map design. You guys are really good at this.)
Defenders in the Street = Crash.
The crash occurs after clicking to go to the streets before the parchment disappears, I've had similar with Skavenblight when trying to walk the streets. I only managed to actually get into the streets once or twice, but I figured it was something I could work around. Since then it has become a certainty that walking these streets will crash my game and that means I cannot take the cities which is a big issue.

After that I went to Skavenblight to run the same test -
Walk the Streets = Crash.
Defenders Sally = Crash.

Skavenblight's Lord's Hall is slow, I just look at the ground as I walk to get around in there though 'cause it doesn't crash (that I know of, never been in a fight there). The other Orc city (Grom Peak?) does not suffer any crashes, nor do the taverns/Lord's Halls it is only the streets. Perhaps the view distance? *Sigh* Sorry I can't be either more helpful or positive on this one.

Vampire Counts don't need a skin to show off their teeth, vampires can pass as humans that's a huge part of their lore so they can just look normal in my opinion (okay, that does mean no playing as a Strigoi or Necrarch, but people need to deal with their disappointment :razz:). I have a Bretonnian with the palest skin option leading an army of skeletons as one of my saved games, in my head he is a vampire and I don't need him to have teeth, not like you look at the face that often anyway.

You guys need to cool it with the greenskin requests. Before anything happens I need to see a doom diver. :razz: :razz:

I keep hearing about orcs and gobbos having trolls. Where the heck do I get them? I think the only trolls I have ever had I rescued. Also. What does the Barracks in castles do? I built it but does not seem to be doing anything.

Edit: Also, am I the only one who has issues with Iron Rock sieges? Attacking is not too bad, you just have to lead the AI a bit more, but defending it is horrid. All of the enemies just bunch up outside running against the wall trying to get to the units on the wall. When I give commands the units up on the wall cannot figure out how to get down, so I have to try and get my guys over the fallen gate to get outside and fight them.

My guess is no, but is there a way to change a towns market once you've captured it? Example, take an elf city and change it to sell ork armor.

WarBozz said:
You guys need to cool it with the greenskin requests. Before anything happens I need to see a doom diver. :razz: :razz:

I keep hearing about orcs and gobbos having trolls. Where the heck do I get them? I think the only trolls I have ever had I rescued. Also. What does the Barracks in castles do? I built it but does not seem to be doing anything.

Edit: Also, am I the only one who has issues with Iron Rock sieges? Attacking is not too bad, you just have to lead the AI a bit more, but defending it is horrid. All of the enemies just bunch up outside running against the wall trying to get to the units on the wall. When I give commands the units up on the wall cannot figure out how to get down, so I have to try and get my guys over the fallen gate to get outside and fight them.

To get special units you need to own a town, then select the 'Manage town' option (or something like that) and build the thing that sounds like it trains troops (War Academy?) Every week it will spawn one of your factions 'special units' into the garrison, these are trolls for the greenskins.
The barracks is a toned down version of this for castles (because towns are better, deal with it). You get a mid-tier unit twice per week I think.

At least that is what I believe :razz:

AzeaBraxi said:
WarBozz said:

To get special units you need to own a town, then select the 'Manage town' option (or something like that) and build the thing that sounds like it trains troops (War Academy?) Every week it will spawn one of your factions 'special units' into the garrison, these are trolls for the greenskins.
The barracks is a toned down version of this for castles (because towns are better, deal with it). You get a mid-tier unit twice per week I think.

At least that is what I believe :razz:

my barracks does not seem to be making anything

WarBozz said:
My guess is no, but is there a way to change a towns market once you've captured it? Example, take an elf city and change it to sell ork armor.

It seems when it's adding items it uses the original faction of a town:

(party_get_slot, ":cur_faction", ":cur_town", slot_center_original_faction),
      (troop_add_merchandise_with_faction, ":cur_merchant", ":cur_faction", itp_type_one_handed_wpn, 5),

You could maybe use the save editor to change the town's 'original faction' slot to whatever your current one is.

Back
Top Bottom