SP Fantasy Warsword Conquest - New Opening Post

Users who are viewing this thread

Wendek said:
Nameless Warrior said:
This week I have made a fix for the undefeated faction issue (it is not fully tested but I believe it works). Now if a faction loses all it's fiefs and a lord is defeated that lord will not respawn (and will not be required to defect in order to count towards the faction defeated conditions) but if they get a fief back then all the defeated lords will respawn at once.

I am now working on tavern merchants just like we had in the first mount and blade warsword. There will be a merchant seller for each faction travelling around the factions, 3 merchants selling the mercenary gear and 2 selling horses.

Awesome news. Would you perhaps consider releasing the "undefeated faction" fix as a seperate patch ? Once it's fully tested of course, and assuming it doesn't require other stuff from the new version. I'm asking because well, to be honest that issue is the main reason that made me stop playing the mod. (That, and right now I have The Witcher 3 but it won't last eternally, I know I'll go back to M&B mods eventually afterwards :p )

So much has changed and I have so many versions of the module system (apart from the version at last release it seems) that it will be too much hassle to strip my current one down. If I find the old one then I will put it out although I do not plan to test it for a while so if I put it out it will be for testing. It should work though as the code itself works in a straightforward way.

VelcroMagnet said:
With the pirate troop tree why would I choose a mate over a cutthroat cuthroats have more skill points and pistols what do mates have?

The main advantage is that the follow on troop to the mate is the first mate which has the best armour in the entire pirate tree. If you are playing a pure pirate army then having lots of first mates will help survivability in pack fighting. I am also looking to add some shields to the pirate line and mates are prime candidates.

Hoellenbote said:
I happen to like this mod a lot, i learned about it, when The Cooler started playing it on his stream / youtube. But i run into one problem, that i can not seem to fix: Everytime i play enlisted to a faction and choose the upgrade path of gunpowder guys, everytime i rank up i only get armor and maybe a horse, but neither guns nor ammunition.  Is there any know fix for this?

Have you installed the bugfix?

Sorenerv said:
Awesome mod and work, sadly tho with it not having diplomacy included I don't play the mod. Really hope you guys have plans to include it considering your limited modding time, I had looked up the module system for this mod and sadly found out it won't be released!  Oh well I suppose. Love the work and ideas of your mod tho! Cheers!

Soon I will be starting the path of integrating and testing diplomacy in warsword. It is one of the main reasons we are saying that the update will not be out any time soon. There are no guarantees it will work though. If it works I imagine we will leave it in as it is intented, any tweaking to make it more warswordy will probably be done in later updates.

gatsumon said:
Is there a list of all the companions somewhere? The wiki only has 16, and I know some are missing.

Nameless Warrior said:
Companion                 Likes                                                 Dislikes

Gotrek:                                Felix                                                  Braganza and Skeezle

Felix:                                  Gotrek                                                Ripnitch and Eketi

Jalil:                                Thulmann                                              Beorg and Maephilin

Oggy:                                Ripnitch                                                Beorg and Abdul

Ripnitch:                              Oggy                                                  Maephilin and Felix

Thulmann:                            Jalil                                                Sir Aristide and Eketi

Braganza:                        Skeezle                                                Gotrek and Bug

Mamexi:                          Sir Aristide                                            Volands and Skeezle

Volands:                              Bug                                                Mamexi and Sir Aristide

Beorg:                                Eketi                                                      Oggy and Jalil

Eketi:                                  Beorg                                                Thulmann and Felix

Bug:                                  Volands                                                Braganza and Abdul

Sir Aristide:                      Mamexi                                                  Volands and Thulmann

Maephilin:                          Abdul                                                      Jalil and Ripnitch

Abdul:                            Maephilin                                                    Bug and Oggy

Skeezle:                        Braganza                                                Gotrek and Mamexi

Scarloc:                          Eleanor                                                  Adelyn and Bugman

Eleanor:                            Scarloc                                                    Florin and Zincicha

Nakwatcha:                      Florin                                                      Bastich and Zincicha

Florin:                            Nakwatcha                                              Eleanor and Bugman

Bugman:                          Bastich                                                    Florin and Scarloc

Zincicha:                          Adelyn                                                    Eleanor and Nakwatcha

Bastich:                          Bugman                                                  Nakwatcha and Adelyn

Adelyn:                            Zincicha                                                    Bastich and Scarloc

Erasmus:                          Thrud                                                    Uggluk and Lord Albertus

Uggluk:                          Lord Albertus                                            Thrud and Erasmus

Thrud:                              Erasmus                                                Uggluk and Lord Albertus

Lord Albertus:                  Uggluk                                                      Thrud and Erasmus

Scene updates!

Now working on:

Lothern (High Elves capital)

Lothern.jpg

Recently completed:

Vulchaz Fort (Goblin castle)

Vulchaz-Castle.jpg

Great Horn (Beastman capital)

greathorn.jpg

Khemri (Undead capital. Pyrimads provided by Dale)

khemri.jpg

Altdorf updated with Sigmar statues (statues converted by Dale)

altdorf.jpg

To be updated:

New Mt Vanir castle Chaos Gate portal

chaosportal.jpg

JargonDarot said:
Scene updates!

Now working on:

Lothern.jpg

Recently completed:

Vulchaz-Castle.jpg

greathorn.jpg

khemri.jpg

altdorf.jpg

To be updated:

chaosportal.jpg
Lookin great, except the Elf port, that city is too white for that port.

Nameless, Thankyou for that update and the reply! That would be absolutely EPIC! Great to hear!
Tovias those scenes are looking really good!!!! Nice work! Keep it up  :party:

Guys would it at all be possible to get this image as a lord's banner in your mod? http://s12.postimg.org/o9i11nabx/red_pig.jpg

I'd say Lothern looks exactly how it should (it's unbelievable how Jargon keeps outdoing himself every time...), High and Dark Elf architecture is no doubt the most complicated to recreate... If we wanted to be absolute perfectionists the port should probably be white marble as the rest of the city, but personally I can totally live with that; remember though that Jargon is still working on it and I wouldn't put it past him to somehow manage to make it even better in the end...  :shifty:

The only concern I have about these scenes is about AI pathfinding: we all know how amazingly stupid Warband bots can be and balancing looks and functionality can be a daunting task  :dead:

Could if possible the "old" WoodElfes return somehow?
I know WarSword already in its first M&B version had
the newer designs but maybe not intentional.
Anyways these look so much better - true classics!

P.S.: Btw. - for me ANY of the WHFB armies looked
so much better in their 2000 appearance - all those
new stuffs mostly have bad quality!

http://kaal979.deviantart.com/gallery/55077515/WARHAMMER

woodelves_unicorn_knight_colour_v2_by_kaal979-d8xy2kt.jpg

Tovias said:
Extradaemon said:
Tovias said:
Lookin great, except the Elf port, that city is too white for that port.

Lothern is supposed to be darker? I really like how bright and majestic it looks.
No idea.
What I mean is that the port is kind of jarring in contrast with such pretty city.

Tovias:  Thanks for commenting. Good point. I know what you mean. I have expanded the white stone to become the main part of the dock. The wooden docks are now a lower level, out of sight. They represent a more 'practical' level of the harbour, and don't get in the way of the overall style. I think this is a good balance.

Here's how it looks:
Lothern2.jpg

Echtel: For me, a map is only complete once the AI pathing is placed for siege battles. Problems will still occur, but I try me best to test them and fix them. There is only so much I can do however in my limited free time. But I have been slowly learning the weird kinks of the M&B siege battle system. 

Dear devs,

I would very much appreciate playing as a Halfling female. Will playable Halflings be available at some point?
I`m not talking abt. a faction, IIRC they are subjects of the Empire. Halfling villages would be awesome to have though.

Rgds, Oldtimer

Can I suggest an armour piece?

I'm playing through as a Warrior Preist and I'm trying to do it right by having nothing covering my head. Only problem is I'm far more susceptible to one hit KO's, yes it's a good challenge but too many times I get dropped at the start of a battle by a lucky shot from a bow or an overhead swing from any 2h weapon.

Can I suggest a Warrior Head Band? Nothing elaborate, simply a studded or spiked iron band which serves as neccessary head armour for a priest without looking out of place.

New scenes look excellent.  :grin:

Oldtimer said:
Dear devs,

I would very much appreciate playing as a Halfling female. Will playable Halflings be available at some point?
I`m not talking abt. a faction, IIRC they are subjects of the Empire. Halfling villages would be awesome to have though.

Rgds, Oldtimer

We are planning to add the options of halfling, chaos dwarf and night goblin for player character in the next release. The player kingdom troops will start from that troop tree as well. Halflings of course, will be hard mode.

Nameless Warrior said:
Oldtimer said:
Dear devs,

Rgds, Oldtimer

We are planning to add the options of halfling, chaos dwarf and night goblin for player character in the next release. The player kingdom troops will start from that troop tree as well. Halflings of course, will be hard mode.

THX awfully,

Oldtimer

Hoellenbote said:
I happen to like this mod a lot, i learned about it, when The Cooler started playing it on his stream / youtube. But i run into one problem, that i can not seem to fix: Everytime i play enlisted to a faction and choose the upgrade path of gunpowder guys, everytime i rank up i only get armor and maybe a horse, but neither guns nor ammunition.  Is there any know fix for this?

Have you installed the bugfix?

<<<<I have installed a bugfix, maybe it is just not the right one? Everytime i get promoted to a gunwielding rank, my weapon inventory just fills up with random weapons from my inventory, i get everything shields, clothes, melee weapon, but not guns or ammunition.

JargonDarot said:
Scene updates!

Now working on:

Lothern.jpg

Recently completed:

Vulchaz-Castle.jpg

greathorn.jpg

khemri.jpg

altdorf.jpg

To be updated:

chaosportal.jpg

Call an ambulance..... now O.O

This seems interesting though a question, one thing that kind of bugs me in mods that add races is that conquered villages tend to not change to the occupying race. Like for instance say the Tomb Kings take over a human castle and village, wouldn't they turn the village into a village of the dead? Or if a goblin horde takes over a tomb king's castle, wouldn't the new population be goblins instead of undead?

Cider said:
This seems interesting though a question, one thing that kind of bugs me in mods that add races is that conquered villages tend to not change to the occupying race. Like for instance say the Tomb Kings take over a human castle and village, wouldn't they turn the village into a village of the dead? Or if a goblin horde takes over a tomb king's castle, wouldn't the new population be goblins instead of undead?

In my playthroughs the village recruits always change to the conquering factions troops, so yes, the recruits do change races.

Back
Top Bottom