Warband post-release beta test (new version on June 9)

Users who are viewing this thread

I have both, 1.113 and 1.122 in different installation folders and both are working fine.
Although of course savegames are not downward compatible

Update: Should point out, I don't use steam.

Urist said:
I got a problem now after testing 1.122.
I deinstalled Warband and redownloaded 1.113. After installing, starting the client
leads directly to a crash. No prestart menu, nothing.

crashwb1113.jpg

Updating to 1.122 will make it work again. I just can't downgrade anymore.

I tried alot of things, complete deinstalling it, deleting key reg entry and ini under documents.
Im using 32bit Vista. Any ideas? Has anyone downgraded successfully after testing this patch?
It worked fine for me with the 1.121 patch.
The problem is that the v1.122 profiles.dat is not compatible with older versions. If you want to downgrade you'll have to delete the file. That means you'll have to recreate your multiplayer characters, though.

You can find the file at

c:\Documents and Settings\Your Windows User Name Here\Application Data\Mount&Blade Warband\

That's for Win XP. Should be something similar for Windows 7 and Vista.

Thanks I'll try that.

EDIT: Thanks alot, deleting the profile worked. I made a copy of it before, so I keep them for using in the upgraded version.
Here the path for Vista/Win7 users:
C:\Users\*Username*\AppData\Roaming\Mount&Blade Warband

just a note with the accompany ability- right now you can accompany your own centers, not sure if that's a bug or not. It ends up working sort of like when AI lords siege something- you run over to a certain spot near the center and stop, while time passes.

I'm up way past my bed time, so I don't have time to test much and possibly submit a bug report (which I am wary of doing, since I run linux; don't want to waste dev time on unsupported stuff)... could somebody try using "Host a Game" to start a local server, with 1.1122? For me it has been giving all sorts of strange glitches; like showing the admin panel again or restarting the map soon after joining, disappearing poll menu options, giving massive respawn times after death (DM  TDM and siege), not respawning bots (probably the same thing), and sometimes spamming chat with nonsense after I died, like this:

Joining the dedicated servers, all works fine; I couldn't find where the 1.1122 server files anywhere to test it locally. Could someone else try the "Host a Game" feature, to see if it is actually bugged?

mexxico said:
ejnomad07 said:
Why don't you have Accopany for AI lords too? It only makes sense we would want to follow them sometimes.

It can be added to AI lords too if it is suggested, we thought it can be useless.

Please do. It's a very nice feature. I can follow a marshall with proper time passage without having to dance around him to get him moving or holding the spacebar and catching up.

ejnomad07 said:
mexxico said:
ejnomad07 said:
Why don't you have Accopany for AI lords too? It only makes sense we would want to follow them sometimes.

It can be added to AI lords too if it is suggested, we thought it can be useless.

Please do. It's a very nice feature. I can follow a marshall with proper time passage without having to dance around him to get him moving or holding the spacebar and catching up.

Agree, It will be a welcome addition. Probably be able to follow not just the marshal, follow any lord.

mexxico said:
But currently bandit groups use same "join radius" with lords, 3 in night and 5 in day time. You are right this can be annoying in some cases and should be lowered for bandit groups like 2 in night and 3 in day time. We will examine it.

Great, thank you.

Rad said:
And if we have you present here, could you please explain me something about skills? So far I don't know exactly how some things work here. For example is effect of hero's Trading completely equivalent Trading of my Jeremus for example? For example if hero has Trading 0 and Jeremus in company has Trading 3, so is it completely the same as if hero has Trading 3 and Jeremus Trading 0?  :wink:

And if hero has Trading (or another party skill) at 0 and Jeremus has Trading 3 is it profitable anyhow to increase hero's Trading at 1, 2 or 3 or it is better to let it at 0 and increase Jeremus Trading further to 4 or more while Trading of hero remain 0? I would like to know it exactly how these mechanisms in game work.  :wink:

We're off topic here for a moment:

No, its actually better for the player character to have the skill as it can add a further bonus to the modification.  Its best when you and the other character have a high skill level.

From the manual (Page 1:cool::

"Only one character in the party needs to know the skill for the whole party to gain its benefit, though the skill will become more effective if the leader (you) also knows something about it. In other words, a party skill’s effective level is a combination of the skill level of the person who has the best rank in it, as well as a bonus based on your own rank in that skill."

You should see your additional modifiers on the party screen (the number in parentheses after the skill level).

Thanks. Anyway I would like to hear something more exact from the source of that.  :wink:

There is really bad thing which persits from the beginning of issuing Warband up to this version. When I or my allied army conquer some town or castle, immediately after seizing this town or castle army will abandon this place and no garrison is left here. King very hesitates usually to whom will give this particular town or castle and such unsecured object is very easy invadeable and conquerable even by small unit of enemy and is very often seized by enemy anew. This case just happened to me again now while our army conquered Dhimir back from Khergits. After conquering it all our huge army abandoned this town without leaving any garrison there. Town was immediately invaded by Khergits again and  seized anew. It is very bad thing in this game. I am really surprised it wasn't  resolved yet. Either some temporal garrison should be left here or king should made fast decision to whom any particular fief will be given. If I conquer anything alone I am always waiting several days in this object or next it to the time when king will give it to anybody but even after this decision is made the situation isn't resolved because this new owner are little often little effort going there immediately. In this case I always lost a lot of food and morale, my troops desert after that and so on. It is one of the worst thing in this game and should be corrected as soon as possible.  :???:

As I could experience just now this problem is somehow resolved in this version 1.122 but I don't know if it is good solution and I rather doubt about it.  :???:

ejnomad07 said:
mexxico said:
ejnomad07 said:

YES!!! Please add this.  It's no fun clicking on random areas when trying to follow lords.  Especially when you have someone in your party with decent pathfinding and you can run circles around other lords.

mexxico said:
Also world map pathfinding is a bit improved in 1.122. Can you test it? Is it better now?
It looks like path finding is improved.  Its still frustrating near roads, but my initial impression is that its much better.  :smile:

EDIT:  Now this sucks. . .I chose a flag (as a noble's son from the beginning).  Now Count Haringoth and I have the same flag!!  It never reassigned him the red and white checkered one.  :cry:

1.122 crashes way more than 1.121, that's for certain.  1.113 also crashes however so even though you made some progress with performance you still haven't managed to reduce crashing in SP.

Bots know how to use long weapons, which is nice when a bot equipped with a spear doesn't try to get as close to his target as possible.  I certainly hope you're planning on making some changes to battle and campaign AI as well.  I believe that the crashes and bad AI are the biggest problems with SP, with those 3 issues dealt with it will be an excellent game!

It's pretty random, overland map, conversation screens, bandit encounters, nothing in the log that would describe the problem.

What am I to add to this problem in the bug tracker, it's full of crash reports.  And yes I am running Windows 7 64 bit so it's either your memory management fix that's not working or something else.

Win 7 64bit here as well. Never had crashes outside of those caused by huge battles and forgetting to lower graphics settings in 1.113
1.122 I have yet to crash but I also have not been in any battle larger than a combined bandit horde. *grumbles*

Back
Top Bottom