Warband post-release beta test (new version on June 9)

Users who are viewing this thread

I have to agree on the bandits.  They are important for when you are running around with a small force for other reasons and don't want to lug your army around, but still want to slay some bandits.  You can't do that if they gang up at the current range.

Yea, I largely agree with Kellick, and I understand his frustration towards some of the responses.  I consider myself a darn good player too.  I play on 149% difficulty and do very well for myself.  I've been playing for a long time (practically non-stop for the last three months) and since the original was in beta.  Once I get some decent armor, I very rarely lose a battle.

The problem for me isn't skill level, its realism.  As I said in my initial post I ran into the middle of 75 sea raiders and I deserved it (they were all nearby).  But having bandits outside your spotting range join every battle isn't fun and it isn't realistic.

Also, I said earlier that I think the path-finding is improved.  Eh, maybe its a little better but it's definitely still got issues.

You know Kellick I don't have any intention to tell you how to play, you  can write what you want, I don't care, you should only respect that another people can have different opinions about various things in game and anybody should always express here in neutral style and not demand anything or that something must be changed. So, let us devs decide what is the best for the game and its playing. I think they play it too and they have their own common sense. And these endless debates about bandits here.... there are some more important matters in game which could be corrected and readjusted yet. :???:

Daegoth, I tried this new upgraded exe file and my game crashed three time in the course of conquering Dhimir, always when siege tower approached to the castle. So for now I returned to original exe file again. It is still the most stable despite of some occasional random crashes of my game. If you want I will try your another corrected one if my saves won't be somehow endangered because I want to play quite long time yet this my current campaign and I wouldn't be able to start new game again because I did it really many times here already.  Anyway people should try if C++ runtime error is resolved and removed and it can be found out only by long playing.  :wink:

Daegoth said:
Could you please try using the executable on this link?

http://download.taleworlds.com/mb_warband_1122_with_assertions.zip

After downloading the zip file, you should extract it to the game folder (C:\Program Files\Mount&Blade Warband\) and overwrite mb_warband.exe with the new one.

This will hopefully help us find the reason for crashes. After testing it, please post your comments here or bugs.taleworlds.com

I'll give it a shot thank you.

Rad said:
Daegoth, I tried this new upgraded exe file and my game crashed three time in the course of conquering Dhimir, always when siege tower approached to the castle.

Not sure if I really should butt in, but if the version he gave you to download is one with assertions enabled, then it would be normal than your game crashes more often. Assertions are a mechanism to enforce runtime constraints by failing early when they (the assertions) don't hold -- instead of letting errors linger.

As far as I understand it, and I'm a bit puzzled Daegoth hasn't said anything about this, the most important piece of information when assertions are enabled would be some kind of log / logfile somewhere. Or your stack dumps. It might be a good idea to backup your logs after each crash this week-end. On my rig the log seems to be in a file "rgl_log.txt" in the game install dir. Its naming and location suggest it would get overwritten on each restart, hence my suggestion to back them up. Although there might be other logs elsewhere.

On the subject of bandits ganging up, I understand it might be desirable. But it should use a very minimal radius. I believe Daegoth said it was now three (three what?) at day and two at night, just as for lords. Well, I say make it one at day and one at most (maybe even zero) at night.

Whenever the program throws an exception you will get a dialog box that will tell the line at which it happened and why it happened.  That's all there is to it.

So far I'm not sure what you did but I haven't managed to crash with this executable with debug info compiled in.  Did you change anything other than compiler flags? o_O

My first CTD with the beta. Clearing forest bandit lair. I think that is a first for me ever (usually only crash in sieges)

mexxico said:
After reading Sarejo's and Shikamaru's bug reports at bugtracker about this issue, we fixed that mistake. Now Sarranids have "Sarranid Horseman" instead of "Sarranid Mamluke" in one of their initial party templates.

Is this adjustment in 1.222? Because....

mexxico said:
Edit : One more addition in v1.122, AI troops are now getting more exp and upgrading faster.  Please watch one center's troops note them on paper and go back one month later and compare in both versions if you want to see difference.

I did one better. I created a new troop labled "Dark Knight" and made every factions top teir troop upgradable into that and watched this upgradable flow chart over time. Sarranids Dark Knight ratio to any other faction was damn scary which implies an imbalance in top tier numbers.

I am not receiving any rents from my fiefs. I own Samara castle and village Habba for a long time already and didn't receive not one denar from them yet. I must be some bad bug. This way I am only paying and paying. Game can't be played successfully or even won  in such conditions.  :???:

We  urged many times already so as wages in garrisons would be in half amount but they still  aren't. If anybody will ponder how many towns and castles is in game so this way when game will be before its finishing every allied lord should have a town or even several towns or castles or both so as all fiefs would be  assigned between lords at least a little equally and soundly. But how and where to take money for that? I have only one castle and 100 soldiers in company for now and I am paying about 6000 denars every week. Fiefs should cover at least partially expenses and these rents should supports further lord's development. :???:

Improving villages is very expensive too and takes unnecessarily long time. Assets from these improvements  are low and unprofitable especially because villages are very often plundered by enemies and after that there is no profits from them for some longer time. I think it could be corrected and improvements should be cheaper, take shorter time and assets from them should be better.  :???: 

I think even rewards from tournaments could be higher and in towns traders should have more money yet. I am often not able to sell even one looting from one village in one town lately.  :wink:

Daegoth says the turn limit should be fixed in 1.122. I need someone to test it out with me. Preferably someone with high DPI mouse. Or a recording software so he can do a video of me spinning.

Crashed again last night before I went to bed.
This was interesting because I was in tradescreen and had alt-tabbed.
Another first. I know this doesn't help much since it doesn't provide any detail but I am using that last executeable that was put up for download.
Had it happen again today too. Just standing in overland map. Saved game, alt tabbed, M&B has stopped working.

ejnomad07 said:
I did one better. I created a new troop labled "Dark Knight" and made every factions top teir troop upgradable into that and watched this upgradable flow chart over time. Sarranids Dark Knight ratio to any other faction was damn scary which implies an imbalance in top tier numbers.

Yes, Sarranids somehow manages to have absurd amounts of mamlukes. Like sometimes one third of the army is composed of mamlukes. I hardly see Swadian Knights & Huscarls...

Sometimes it happens to me too in hard fights but it can't be helped. Maybe some new even faster video card could improve that. I have GeForce GTX 260. :wink:

Situation in ma game turned out even stranger because  just now I received village Emer from  Harlaus and from it I have normal regular rent but from Samarra castle and Habba no rent at all.  :???:

Now it happened to me in my game again. I went help my allied Swadi lord who were in fight with superiority of Rhodocks. But my company fought all the time alone while all his company only stood and not  a single soldier join battle. I would like to now why allies sometimes fight normally and sometimes don't fight at all.  :???:

I experienced a bug:

While on a prison break quest, me and my allied lord fought against all the guards, so, when all the guards fell defeated to us, the allied lord came to fight with me, so, when i knocked him, a screen appeared saying that my allied lord can't flee.

Stabbing Hobo said:
Daegoth says the turn limit should be fixed in 1.122. I need someone to test it out with me. Preferably someone with high DPI mouse. Or a recording software so he can do a video of me spinning.
Did you manage to get someone to help you confirm this? I don't have a computer capable of frapsing or an especially high DPI mouse so I'm probably not a lot of help, but I'd definitely like to see this fix confirmed.

Brador said:
I experienced a bug:

While on a prison break quest, me and my allied lord fought against all the guards, so, when all the guards fell defeated to us, the allied lord came to fight with me, so, when i knocked him, a screen appeared saying that my allied lord can't flee.

This also happened to me as well. I got quest to get Boyar Meriga out of Sengetche Castle (the Khergits took it) and since I am non-factioned I just waltzed in. If I tell him to stay back and I proceed to kill all the guards the mission doesn't end instead when I get near him he goes into combat with me. If I kill him it fails as if ai killed him. If he kills me then I wind up imprisoned there. I thought it was a one off but after a reload I was able to duplicate it. It does not seem to happen if he is told to help fight (although by then I was weakened and an arrow to back took me out so I dont know).

Ok actually no matter what I tell him he is wanting to fight me as soon as I get near him (otherwise he just stands there) this is really ****ing annoying.
I am not sure if he was the original castle owner and maybe he is confused on if he should be defending or attacking? I had no prior relationship with him, 0. Oops. He is dishonorable and so we are -3 (never met him before, this is my first time in northern 2 kingdoms this game I stashed the savegame on the side if it helps for me to upload.

HJKL said:
Stabbing Hobo said:
Did you manage to get someone to help you confirm this? I don't have a computer capable of frapsing or an especially high DPI mouse so I'm probably not a lot of help, but I'd definitely like to see this fix confirmed.
Not yet.

Back
Top Bottom