Warband or Fire and sword.

Users who are viewing this thread

Fietta

buıʇʇǝs uoıʇɔǝɹıp ʞɔɐʇʇɐ
Marquis
I've played both of these but I don't know which is better. I like warband because of it's newer looking graphics and the use of bows not guns.
I like warband because of its old looking graphics. The GUI on warband is a lot better looking than fire&swords GUI.

This is just to see how many of you prefer warband of fire&sword

I prefer native WFAS over native Warband, but Warband has a much bigger selection of mods.

hey can anyne help me i got the mount and blade collection and it installed warband fine but i cant gtet it to do anything else then warband please help

Yep WFAS is more fun to play, but warband has more mods and content

If it was just the games themselves, I'd go for wfas without thinking.

Mods however. Warband has mods. Practically games of their own, some of them.

Go for Warband, but can't you buy both?

Gui better? Warband has better looking graphics? Methinks you mixed the two. :razz:

One week ago there was a sale in steam that you could get every mount and blade games with only 8 euros!

I prefer wfas becouse it has guns,and multiplayer is much better :grin:

The answer of the majority is kinda obvious when you post it on the WFaS-Board.

But tbh, Warband has much more content. WFaS can be fun (especially when noone is able to block) but will get annoying with all the laz0rmuskets and Hit'n'run-Spam.

In the end it is up to you which you like more: Muskets or bows, Smashing skulls in with a club or sniping down assaulting enemies.

SupaNinjaMan said:
You might want to check brick and mortar retailers in your area for a box set.
I found one a Target priced at 9.99 and it had 1.011, WB, WFaS, and (IIRC) NW.

I found the exact, same set for 8.99 in GameStop.

ThaNightmare48 said:
The answer of the majority is kinda obvious when you post it on the WFaS-Board.

But tbh, Warband has much more content. WFaS can be fun (especially when noone is able to block) but will get annoying with all the laz0rmuskets and Hit'n'run-Spam.

In the end it is up to you which you like more: Muskets or bows, Smashing skulls in with a club or sniping down assaulting enemies.

Why are you deliberately forgetting SP? Indeed, Warband's MP is better, both gameplay and content wise, however it's the exact opposite in SP, Wfas wins here by a mile in quality, content and the sheer fun of it.

Quite the opposite. WFaS is focussing on the story of the book "Ogniem i Mieczem" while Warband is more a kind of Sandbox-Kingdom-Simulator. Troopselection is much smaller in WFaS, the only thing you are able to do by yourself is rebel against one of the factions and overall, the SP of WFaS is a step back in my opinion.

Things you are able to do yourself have nothing to do with the troop trees. And pull your head out of your ass, and stop misleading people with your nonsense. I've played both games extensively, and can tell you both games have roughly the same amount of troops, if not the exact same. Still, troops in wfas(save for low tier troops) are a drammatical step forward in terms of equipment variety and quality, compared to the relative blandness of vanilla.

The only steps back in wfas are the lack of certain(negligable) features warband brought to the table, and terribly balanced multiplayer.

It is, it's very well made too, sadly it's severely lacking in maps, and I've found, having played it on vanilla, custom, and non-invasion maps, that the overall quality of the experience is heavily dependant on the map.

The only good maps for it are fortified village, crimean fortress and trenches, the rest are either below average or laughably bad.

Yeah I call B.S that Warband Sp isn't as good as WFaS SP. Honestly There are more factions, more things to do, and imo is more immerse. The middle ages is the time of heroes, the late Renaissance is the time of merchants, scientists and artists. Also archery sucks in warband because seriously, have you ever fired a bow? And you dont HAVE to do ranged either I started my own faction with never upgrading from my starting sword.

Back
Top Bottom