Warband on a thumbdrive?

Users who are viewing this thread

So, I can't get onto the Warband servers. It had been suggested that it might be my http connection that's not letting me in, although, I have no idea how to check or fix this.
I'm thinking about installing it on my 16gb thumbdrive and trying to play it on the school computers. Yes? No? Maybe? Possibly?
Any comments or ideas will be welcomed.

In order to play on any different system you need to reactivate the game. Copying the activation data from your home system will not work.

Another thing to try if you haven't already is to restart the system in "Safe Mode with Networking" mode (hold F8 during boot). Running in Safe Mode temporarily disables security software and other such things that could be interfering with Warband.

Darian said:
In order to play on any different system you need to reactivate the game. Copying the activation data from your home system will not work.

Jacking over loads of register files will do the trick, if you got R/W permission on the schools computers.

del_diablo said:
Jacking over loads of register files will do the trick, if you got R/W permission on the schools computers.
Mount&Blade activation data is tied to the particular hardware hash of the system you activated it on. While gradual hardware upgrades will pass just fine, a totally different system will not because its hash won't match.

Back
Top Bottom