MP Native WarBand: MMO Persistent World Module!!

Users who are viewing this thread

From what I've heard, Warband gets laggy with over 16 people at the same time, let alone 100, 200...

I'm just stating that even if it is possible, it's impossible. Yeah.

Kbcamaster said:
From what I've heard, Warband gets laggy with over 16 people at the same time, let alone 100, 200...

I'm just stating that even if it is possible, it's impossible. Yeah.

Not really. I've had 400 man battles without too much lag.

If you  mean MP, nope. 64 players runs like a charm. If you can get on the server, that is.

I have no programming knowledge in any of the different languages unless you call the small amount of Adobe Flash scripting a language

eather way from all the posts I just wadded though i can;t see it happening, I mean it's been tryed before with Mount&blade one and they all failed as well, of course if you guys know something the rest of us don;t then congrats.

and I'm not really surprised by the scepticism by the others in this thread it's quite a complicated idea
hell it's complicated enough making a mod let alone making a full blown multilayer campain map.

heck look at the Empire Total War series, they have only just figured it out and that only allows 2 players playing the campain game at once.

tho good luck and if this does happen to somehow work I will gladly eat my hat.

Whitestrake said:
Will you assholes get a life and stop saying this will go nowhere. Everyone has to start somewhere and if you dont have anything supportive to say then stay off this thread. Some people are just so ****ed up these days.

So I would be an ******* if I stated you you can't fly, as a human, when you say you can, and are to ignorant to realise otherwise?

Griskard said:
At his local time it was april fools. lol
Interestingly enough, this might be more than a joke. They appear to have been "making a game called "Seeds of Fire: Blazing Trails", but it appears to have died before it got more than a name. The similarities between this thread and the one I link to are cute. I wonder if they're going to hit people here up for money as well...

Highelf said:
Whitestrake said:
Will you assholes get a life and stop saying this will go nowhere. Everyone has to start somewhere and if you dont have anything supportive to say then stay off this thread. Some people are just so ****ed up these days.

So I would be an ******* if I stated you you can't fly, as a human, when you say you can, and are to ignorant to realise otherwise?

Your wrong, man has learned to fly, have you ever gone on vacation by air?

Baron Conrad said:
Highelf said:
Whitestrake said:

Your wrong, man has learned to fly, have you ever gone on vacation by air?

Well duurrrr, the analogy was obviously assuming we have no other mechanical addons or anything like that. Way to miss the ****ing point. :lol:

ares007 said:
I'm still calling this an April Fools Joke
Maybe, but it's not funny... at all.
Not even a little bit, this is the prank equivalent of calling someone in their home and telling them their house is on fire!

Turning a first person module (Multiplayer) into a single-player type gameplay. This is awesome, although I have doubts (a lot of doubts), I'm sure with some help from modders around taleworlds (we have some great modders out there... GREAT MODDERS) you can pull this off. Oh and about that time thing, Ill bet that you can just remove the pause between movements, that wouldnt harm the game in any way, provided that the pause isnt hard-coded into the game. Welcome to the forums and Good Luck with this project, I hope you guys dont do this alone.

-MnBK

Seriously though, if you need the Cavalry (Help from other GREAT MODDERS), call the Cavalry, or else you'll get mobbed by the large hordes of problems and issues.

MountandBladeKinsman said:
Turning a first person module (Multiplayer) into a single-player type gameplay. This is awesome, although I have doubts (a lot of doubts), I'm sure with some help from modders around taleworlds (we have some great modders out there... GREAT MODDERS) you can pull this off. Oh and about that time thing, Ill bet that you can just remove the pause between movements, that wouldnt harm the game in any way, provided that the pause isnt hard-coded into the game. Welcome to the forums and Good Luck with this project, I hope you guys dont do this alone.

-MnBK

Seriously though, if you need the Cavalry (Help from other GREAT MODDERS), call the Cavalry, or else you'll get mobbed by the large hordes of problems and issues.

You seem to have missed the cavalry coming and trampling them.

Sounds as a good idea...

but (sry because of my but) it will take time to make the gameplay to an allways on the move game instead of the....''the world moves when i do'' thing

but (damn not another!) i look forward for the finished stuff and goodluck from me :mrgreen:

I have to agree that it seemed that people were ready to shoot down the idea before really pondering it.

Apart from that I think it's moderately amusing to wonder what the game would be like without it revolving around 1 player...

If these people have the talent to pull this off, why not just make a new engine altogether?

Lucan946 said:
MountandBladeKinsman said:

-MnBK

You seem to have missed the cavalry coming and trampling them.

Oops, forgot to mention the team the Cavalry is on  :smile:.

Back
Top Bottom