MP Native WarBand: MMO Persistent World Module!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Austupaio said:
Highelf, the numbers only change on one side of the hood. That's irksome.

In all this time, I never noticed.

Damn you, you just ruined my own avatar for me. (I may just pretend its 2 streams of continuous 1's and one of continious 0's.)

This reminds me of Swadii or whatever his name was. Good times..

This cannot be done as a mod, thats for sure, if I were you I'd give it up and lock this thread before it starts to get into a complete spam bomb.

I remember the joke someone made with those dual wielding zombies multiplayer :razz: Good times, he even made bots with a few forumites names and showed the pic. :razz:

Cruger said:
if I were you I'd give it up and lock this thread before it starts to get into a complete spam bomb.

There is no need to lock this thread. We welcome the trollers and flamers simply due to the fact we know we can make this happen.

It will be absolutely gratifying to see all these people scrambling for a spot in the Alpha or Beta testing stage of development. We do realise that we are dealing with real people with real feelings when using these forums and that is why we see no need to retaliate or exclude these people from any of our testing phases in the months ahead.

Update: Among the doubters we have had a great response to this post and have quite a large number of volunteers "some of them experienced M&B mod makers" who wouldn't post but have emailed us due to the Quote "Rain of Fire" that would be cast down upon them if they were seen to be supporting this project.

Regards
Algorythm 

Among the doubters we have had a great response to this post and have quite a large number of volunteers "some of them experienced M&B mod makers" who wouldn't post but have emailed us due to the Quote "Rain of Fire" that would be cast down upon them if they were seen to be supporting this project.

Large number of volunteers...Hm, no doubt.

Experienced modders who wouldn't post if it was doable and slap us newbs accross the face with it?

Them (whoever "they" might be) afraid of being cast down when they actually know what they're talking about and actually caring about being cast down at all?

Now, why do I doubt that...?

Anyway...I'm just going to stop posting, sit back and enjoy the camp (bon)fire from now on.

Alright just shut up, let them try making what they are  trying to do, an we shall see how far they get.

Good luck, youre gonna need it, oh and what program will you use for this?

Yeah, what are you using to make this mod?

What previous work do you have that you can show us?

What's your algorithm?

Do you even know where to start?

The Module System hasn't been released yet, do you know hex? 

Timberwolf said:
He's a programmer of several languages (something that's beyond your limited talents I'm sure), and he's an experienced modder/developer.
Really?  Many of us, including myself, know Python, Visual Basic, C++, C# and more.  Keep your snide comments to your self before you start throwing out insults.  You've got a lot to learn about people...

Do ye guys have the source code?

No?

Have fun.

As for your comment about no one knowing what they were doing here: oh really? Dain is quite a talented modder (RE: The Penninsular War) and he's spitting in your faces. So, he's already done (and is still doing) something very impressive and you have nothing. Yeah, who am I going to trust here?

ye can't do it

It's like trying to add Multiplayer to Morrowind, ye might get a Lan campaign up working which has a max of two players who are unsync'd and most of all buggy.

Now, i'm no rocket scientist, but i would dare say that to be able to even create something close to this, it would be easier to create your own engine, your own game for that matter. If your team-mates are as skilled as ye so proudly claim, then what are they doing here modding a newly released game instead of working on a real game in the industry?

Yeah, seriously.
If ye want to do this, it should be done from the bottom.
It's a lot of wasted effort for something that likely won't even work.

Will you assholes get a life and stop saying this will go nowhere. Everyone has to start somewhere and if you dont have anything supportive to say then stay off this thread. Some people are just so ****ed up these days.

Whitestrake said:
Will ye assholes get a life and stop saying this will go nowhere. Everyone has to start somewhere and if ye dont have anything supportive to say then stay off this thread. Some people are just so ****ed up these days.
Okok, let them try it.

It still won´t work anyway.

Anything like this would have to be quite literally built from the ground up, as there is nothing to support such a fundamentally drastic alteration to Warband in any way, especially without the release of the module system.  It's not a matter of faith in the (as of yet, unproven) abilities of these modders, but rather a matter of impossibility. 

Whitestrake said:
Will you assholes get a life and stop saying this will go nowhere. Everyone has to start somewhere and if you dont have anything supportive to say then stay off this thread. Some people are just so ****ed up these days.

Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean people who disagree and think/know this is impossible is an *******.
Respect isn't warranted for simply starting a thread.

Whitestrake said:
Really?  I would be fine with them if they didn't come in there with this ****:
Timberwolf said:
He's a programmer of several languages (something that's beyond your limited talents I'm sure), and he's an experienced modder/developer.
He can keep his mouth where it belongs.  That is blatantly aggressive and rude, and they're getting what they deserve.  (And false, I might add)

Will everyone stop attacking them?

Personally I think it is an insurmountable challenge but that doesn't mean I should insult them. There is nothing to gain by assaulting people over the internet, you can't beat someone in an online argument and all your doing is hurting people's feelings.

There's no excuse for flaming people who post their project, even if it is impossible.

Baron Conrad said:
Will everyone stop attacking them?

Personally I think it is an insurmountable challenge but that doesn't mean I should insult them. There is nothing to gain by assaulting people over the internet, you can't beat someone in an online argument and all your doing is hurting people's feelings.

There's no excuse for flaming people who post their project, even if it is impossible.

He insults our modder's capabilities, we fire back.

Seems logical to me.

Back
Top Bottom