Warband crashes after start up?? Please help

Users who are viewing this thread

coldcore

Recruit
Hello so recently M&B has been acting up on me, first off I dont have the game off steam. Now after I click on m&b and the start up menu pops up I'll click play and will get a m&b has stopped working windows message along those lines. I have found the solution to this problem is to delete the rgl_config file. However when doing this all that happens when I get to the start up menu the letters are all overlayed wrongly and after the initial intro before loading screen the game just stops responding and freezes up. The only thing I can do is restart my computer. I also realized it seems to only happen when I play another game. Ill play warband fine for a amount of time go start up a different game and when I come back I will run into this problem.

Any help is appreciated.

EDIT: Sometimes deleting the file works and sometimes it doesnt. I spent like 3 mins just opening WB and deleting the file and eventually it sorted itself out. I would like to find a better fix for this problem however

Curious to see if there was any other option but I ended up doing just that. Ill give it a couple days and see if anything acts up.
Thanks

I reinstalled however im stilling running into this problem. At one point after running as administrator This error came up,
The exception unknown software exception (0xc0000005) occured in the aplication at location 0x66d4c669

Got that once then it repeatly just crashed on my when I clicked start

Im using a NVIDA GeForce 8800 GS

How can I go about finding my ram? I have CPU-Z installed but cant seem to find it under anything

Start > Run > type in "dxdiag" > Hit "Yes" > Memory: "XXXXMB RAM"

The 8800's a pretty old card, I remember I used to crash a lot when I had the 8400. You should ensure your drivers are up to date on the Nvidia website.

Ok, yea its older but it seems to age well ill check my drivers

6142MB RAM

EDIT: downloading new driver now, was just relased few weeks ago hopefully that was the only problem but we will see

Appears to have worked  :mrgreen:. I deleted the rgl_config file multiple times without running into the overlay problem. While it did take me all night to sort out some problems getting my drivers installed properly everything seems to be in working condition.

Thank you epicrules probably would have never thought to check my drivers untill coming upon it by chance.

Going to have to bump this post, I am running into this problem again. Have all drivers updated but still on ocassion this will happen to me and I have to restart computer to fix

Well, all of my ideas are exhausted... I'm not sure of the relevance or if it will be helpful or not, but I had a similar issue, where my graphics card would occasionally.. not work. As in, everything would be slowed down to an unplayable level, until I restarted my computer at which point it started working again. You might have a damaged component, especially considering the age of the card.

Yukimura_Sanada said:
or you could just post the rgl_log.txt here so we can find the exact problem...

How do I find the log?

Also this is the only game I am having a problem with I can go start up any other game but when I come back to M&B I get this crash

first_time = 0

texture_detail = 100

render_buffer_size = 15

max_framerate = 120

start_windowed = 0

use_pixel_shaders = 1

use_vertex_shaders = 1

fake_reflections = 1

show_framerate = 1

use_ondemand_textures = 1

use_ondemand_textures_mt = 0

disable_music = 0

disable_sound = 0

disable_frequency_variation = 0

cheat_mode = 0

enable_blood = 1

enable_edit_mode = 0

force_single_threading = 0

debug_mode = 0

display_width = 0

display_height = 0

display_bits = 32

antialiasing = 0

sample_quality = 0

alpha2coverage = 0

force_vsync = 0

shadowmap_quality = 0

shader_quality = 2

postfx_dof = 1

postfx_hdr = 0

postfx_autoexp = 1

flora_degrade_distance = 80.0835

flora_lod_detail = 0

use_instancing = 0

use_secure_connection = 0

max_number_of_connections = 16

look_for_server_on_this_machine = 0

music_volume = 0.0878

sound_volume = 0.4976

mouse_sensitivity = 0.6005

invert_mouse = 0

enable_lighting = 1

enable_particles = 0

enable_blood = 1

enable_character_shadows = 1

enable_accurate_shadows = 1

number_of_corpses = 3

grass_density = 40

combat_speed = 2

friend_combat_difficulty = 0

adapter_format = 0

reduce_combat_ai = 2

reduce_campaign_ai = 2

combat_difficulty = 0

display_labels = 1

display_targeting_reticule = 1

display_attack_direction = 1

turn_camera_with_horse_in_first_person = 2

verbose_damage = 1

verbose_shot_difficulty = 1

battle_size = 0.3422

attack_direction_control = 2

defend_direction_control = 1

lance_control = 0

anisotropic_filtering = 1

enable_environment_shadows = 1

verbose_casualties = 1

verbose_experience = 1

realistic_shadows_on_plants = 0

number_of_ragdolls = 3

gamma = 2.2000

character_detail = 1.0000

character_shadow_detail = 0.1651

control_mouse_movement_y_scale = 1.5000

blood_stains = 1

use_winmm_audio = 0

enable_version_check = 1

enable_aspect_ratio_control = 1

realistic_headshots = 0

auto_gfx_quality = 0

enable_gamepad_vibration = 1

Well here is my rgl_config file not sure if thats what your looking for

Also I just went into configure on main page while I was experiancing the crashes that would not let me play the game and this is the error I got

Program:...
File..\rgl\rglString.cpp
Line:198

Expression:i<str_length

If you're using the steam version delete all the config files and verify integrity of game files (Library > M&B warband > Right click > Properties > Local Files)

If you're using the non-steam version do the same as I said on the steam version (delete your config files) and download the native module from TaleWorlds download page and find the config files inside the download, then CTRL+Click them one by one and drag them into the appropriate folder.

Hope it helps. If not reinstall everything but keep your save-games.

ok ill try that tonight. I did however reinstall native once before and it solved nothing. Is it possible I need to reinstall NW as well? I will try the files first tho

So I reinstalled M&B again and still not fixed :???: i dont really understand. Should I maby try reinstalling NW to? NW shouldnt affect the launcher tho should it? I really dont understand what can possibly be causing this. I had NW for 6 months and M&B for years without ever coming across this problem

Back
Top Bottom