Warband Competitive Matchmaking Client / BETA / [Update: 1.1.0]

Users who are viewing this thread

Gibby Jr said:
What I'm suggesting is a fixed gain / loss in mmr if you win / lose alongside a modifier based on how extreme the result was. If mmr gain is based only on the other player's mmr then it ends up as it is in battle at the moment where you can lose mmr even if you win the game.

I don't want to gain the same amount of mmr for beating someone 7 - 6 as I would for winning 7 - 0; a more extreme win should have a higher reward. That said a modifier based on the opponent's mmr would help make it more balanced.

this.

Gibby Jr said:
Matt_ said:
Gibby Jr said:
Should mainly be based on if you win or lose but if possible something to manage the correspondence of elo gain with the extent of a win. So you get more for scores closer to 7 - 0 but less for a 7 - 6 win, but still a gain. Same for the other guy so if they lose 0 - 7 their mmr takes a big hit but a 6 - 7 loss only slightly changes it.

That's not how it should be, the system you have suggested would be unbalanced. It should go off the difference in your mmr, if a duellist is distinctively higher than the other they would win less mmr whilst the loser would lose less, yet if the lower player were to win it'd be the higher player would lose more and lower would win more. That's how mmr is in most games.

What I'm suggesting is a fixed gain / loss in mmr if you win / lose alongside a modifier based on how extreme the result was. If mmr gain is based only on the other player's mmr then it ends up as it is in battle at the moment where you can lose mmr even if you win the game.

I don't want to gain the same amount of mmr for beating someone 7 - 6 as I would for winning 7 - 0; a more extreme win should have a higher reward. That said a modifier based on the opponent's mmr would help make it more balanced.

If someone wins 7-0 then the matchmaking has, most likely, failed in creating an even match up. I would say this deserves only the base gain in MMR.

basically elo

The difference in the ratings between two players serves as a predictor of the outcome of a match. Two players with equal ratings who play against each other are expected to score an equal number of wins. A player whose rating is 100 points greater than their opponent's is expected to score 64%; if the difference is 200 points, then the expected score for the stronger player is 76%.

A player's Elo rating is represented by a number which increases or decreases depending on the outcome of games between rated players. After every game, the winning player takes points from the losing one. The difference between the ratings of the winner and loser determines the total number of points gained or lost after a game. In a series of games between a high-rated player and a low-rated player, the high-rated player is expected to score more wins. If the high-rated player wins, then only a few rating points will be taken from the low-rated player. However, if the lower rated player scores an upset win, many rating points will be transferred. The lower rated player will also gain a few points from the higher rated player in the event of a draw. This means that this rating system is self-correcting. A player whose rating is too low should, in the long run, do better than the rating system predicts, and thus gain rating points until the rating reflects their true playing strength.

When you win it gets higher, when you lose it gets lower. If your opponent is vastly different to you in MMR, you lose / gain fewer points for a loss / win.

you shouldn't take the size of the win into account at all, that makes no sense, why should you gain more points for being paired with someone less skilled? You should maybe add a decay to mmr as well, if you don't duel for a long period you start to lose mmr to stop people getting high and then just moving to alts

I should mention the duel system will not be queued for and you won't be given a specific opponent. You'll simply join a duel server with the module, and all your duels will be registered in the database. I see people here are most debating FT7s, so do you guys think elo gain should be restricted to FT7s? Also the amount you gain or lose will certainly depend on the elo of your opponent, no worry there.

grimsight said:
I should mention the duel system will not be queued for and you won't be given a specific opponent. You'll simply join a duel server with the module, and all your duels will be registered in the database. I see people here are most debating FT7s, so do you guys think elo gain should be restricted to FT7s? Also the amount you gain or lose will certainly depend on the elo of your opponent, no worry there.

Whats the reasoning behind not beeing a queue system ? :smile:

I wouldn't put a decay system... People play whenever they can, you can't expect some players with a tighter schedule or more responsabilities to be online 24/7 in order for them not to lose their elo. Players play, win and lose games and thus their elo is affected, that's fine by me. But you can't keep them hooked on the screen  :facepalm:

Gasset said:
I wouldn't put a decay system... People play whenever they can, you can't expect some players with a tighter schedule or more responsabilities to be online 24/7 in order for them not to lose their elo. Players play, win and lose games and thus their elo is affected, that's fine by me. But you can't keep them hooked on the screen  :facepalm:

im talking like if you dont duel in a month or so :razz: to stop people going really high and just never playing again

but yeah picking opponents was abused like hell in crpg, people refusing to duel anyone they might lose to and repeatedly dueling someone they know they will beat (or get fed) and then bragging about their ratings. Thats all native needs :grin:

Trying to update when this pops up -
Capture.png

Anything I can do to fix it?

Achaner said:
Trying to update when this pops up -
Anything I can do to fix it?

I'll PM you

Regarding win trading and selective dueling, I've given thought to it already. My idea was a strict threshold for recording duels.. ELOs have to be within 100 from each other or the duel is not recorded. This would make win trading at a higher ratings harder to do (not impossible though). Also all duels will be logged in detail, so if someone's suspected of cheating I can also review their duel history.

However if the community prefers a queue system, that can be achieved.

a suggestion.... it would be nice to have a chat room in the queuqe area.... so the waiting is more fun... and we can check if the queuqued people is still there.

Hey Luckso, if you're queueing for chicago servers the majority of us tend to use teamspeak rather than any in game text. If you want add me on steam and Ill get everything sorted out for you.

8 players per team is WAY WAY TOO MUCH the MM takes up to 1/2hrs to complete with that rate , and when ppl get annoyed cuz it aint starting , they usually leave , which means we're stuck in a paradox where there are no players cuz there are no players.... So making it to 5v5 is much more sensible

hëat said:
8v8 is the standard for competitive warband, 5v5 would suck cock

I am with you on that , but since there are no players , not being able to play sucks more coks :wink: me and a friend of mine were trying to find a match for like 3hrs now and , there are simply no players , or if we get to 16 somehow , someone doesn't know how to continue on and we start all over again.... 4v4 , 5v5 or 6v6 but not 8v8 since low player basis , maybe later on it will gain fame and things will change but for now...

Back
Top Bottom