Warband Competitive Matchmaking Client / BETA / [Update: 1.1.0]

Users who are viewing this thread

Looking for as many people as possible tomorrow night (Nov 1st) for one last big test. If everything goes smoothly I'll make the download link public and consider the app officially released. If you're interested in helping add me on steam or just be afk in tK TS til I poke you (probably around 9-10 PM EST). Only NA servers will be up for this test but EUs welcome anyway, more people the better.

Have you considered banning/picking maps post-team selection?
perhaps a way to try to play maps that fit your team, so you don't play 2 randomized open maps as an 8 inf team

Surkan said:
perhaps a way to try to play maps that fit your team, so you don't play 2 randomized open maps as an 8 inf team

well isnt that a good thing? forces infantry to gain some insight on things other than closed map

im assuming you're talking about matchmaking, of course

explosivepuppet said:
Surkan said:

well isnt that a good thing? forces infantry to gain some insight on things other than closed map

they'll have to do that if the other team picks an open map either way, if it's 2 maps, 2 sets per, which I guess it is - didn't really read over the details to confirm.
would suck to have a team of 8 inf and get randomized on 2 open maps, it could be a problem where there's such a huge difference in every class

I have some questions:

- What's your goal for this project?
- Are players joined onto a specific server, what happens if there's not enough servers?
- What happens if you crash during a game, is there a chance to reconnect?
- What happens if you leave during the game?
- Since Warband is coming to an end, would this survive?
- Due to the pairing system not working currently, aren't most people going to be pulled down with trolls?
- Are players saved via their GUID?
- What happens if the database is wiped?
- Can you use multiple accounts, or is it against the rules?
- What happens if you switch class during the match, since you pick your class during the match?
- What happens if you join spectator or switch team?
- If someone leaves during a match, can another player join? will there be a "Join new game" & "Join current game" option?
- Will there be a report system / lobby system?

Fietta said:
I have some questions:

- What's your goal for this project?
- Are players joined onto a specific server, what happens if there's not enough servers?
- Due to the pairing system not working currently, aren't most people going to be pulled down with trolls?
- Can you use multiple accounts, or is it against the rules?
- What happens if you switch class during the match, since you pick your class during the match?
- If someone leaves during a match, can another player join? will there be a "Join new game" & "Join current game" option?

Not grimsight but having been involved with the project and having tested it I think I can answer most of these.

After you queue you are put into a lobby with the other players and the client designates the server which will be used for the match, which has no password but kicks those not in the lobby automatically if they join it. If there aren't enough servers the match can't take place, although it is unlikely there will be that many players.

No

You receive a 30 minute ban from matchmaking.

The playerbase is relatively small, the chance of meeting someone trying to mess up games is very real but the same issue exists with all matchmaking games, which is the benefit of the elo system. If you get a high mmr you are not going to be playing with low mmr trolls, only with others who want to try.

You make an account on the client and before you can queue you have to join an authenticator server with a certain name which then links your GUID to your account on the client.

You are able to freely change class during the game, to fit your teams needs, just as you can in matches.

You can't join the other team, I never tried joining spectator so I don't know about that bit.

The team will remain a player down for the rest of the game, which is the same as many matchmaking games.

Both are there.

Left out the ones I don't know the answer to

Gibby Jr said:
The playerbase is relatively small, the chance of meeting someone trying to mess up games is very real but the same issue exists with all matchmaking games, which is the benefit of the elo system. If you get a high mmr you are not going to be playing with low mmr trolls, only with others who want to try.

Don't quite understand your reply (thanks for the other replies), the system doesn't have a working "Pairing system" basically I'm saying that people with 10000MMR can be placed with 1MMR players. It's one of the limitations currently, so you could easily be dragged down by trolls.

Fietta said:
Gibby Jr said:

Don't quite understand your reply (thanks for the other replies), the system doesn't have a working "Pairing system" basically I'm saying that people with 10000MMR can be placed with 1MMR players. It's one of the limitations currently.

In the beta stage it should be very unlikely to encounter someone seeking to troll, although not impossible.

Surkan said:
explosivepuppet said:
Surkan said:

they'll have to do that if the other team picks an open map either way, if it's 2 maps, 2 sets per, which I guess it is - didn't really read over the details to confirm.
would suck to have a team of 8 inf and get randomized on 2 open maps, it could be a problem where there's such a huge difference in every class

yea i actually said something retarded so disregard me im sry

I like the idea a lot but one big downside is that the individual impact you have in a match is gonna be lower than games like CSGO given its a 8man team, and in Warband the ability to carry is lower as well generally, making it even harder to get to your real rank if you get a bad row of teammates. That will prolly keep me from it, but thats just me.

Dawnut said:
I like the idea a lot but one big downside is that the individual impact you have in a match is gonna be lower than games like CSGO given its a 8man team, and in Warband the ability to carry is lower as well generally, making it even harder to get to your real rank if you get a bad row of teammates. That will prolly keep me from it, but thats just me.

imo you can carry pretty hard

Just an update, ran into a bug thats delaying release. The bug is messing up players gold counts. Players who were part of the last play test will know what I'm talking about.

grimsight said:
Just an update, ran into a bug thats delaying release. The bug is messing up players gold counts. Players who were part of the last play test will know what I'm talking about.

When you're cav and don't spawn with a horse QQ

MrNevino1 said:
grimsight said:

When you're cav and don't spawn with a horse QQ

:3 How long will it take2fix it? cant wait for it :S

Back
Top Bottom