Voting for Fiefs... cant be Working as intended right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Punchgroin

Recruit
I'm talking mostly about how the abstain option lowers your relation with the entire realm. I literally have to ignore the kingdom screen whenever my realm captures a territory so I don't get stuck having to vote, because just ignoring it doesn't lead to me tanking my relations with the entire realm. It's bad, I cant even talk to half the Vlandian lords now because I was a good boy and captured so many castles. Abstaining just because I don't have enough influence shouldn't sandbag me like this.

I think you are misunderstanding the voting screen, in the bottom left it shows who would be affected but I have never gotten any negative relations from abstaining, only when I vote

I know what you're talking about, but I checked my relations with a lord before and after abstaining(I reloaded a save to double check my relations first) and it didn't make a difference if I abstained. I assume that the bottom left text is bugged or just by default assumes your going to vote for yourself for the fief.

it seems like whatever lord wants the fief lowers relation with me when I abstain. I always get a lowered relation for it.

More of a case that the voting mean nothing anyway. In about 60% of the time the lord with the majority vote does not even get the fief.

In my save as a Vlandian vassal where Vlandia has conquered most of the map by now, mostly the one with the majority vote got the castle (sometimes Derthert took it for himself but that rarely happened).

That having been said, it was very peculiar. I joined as vassal, they took Quzai but gave it to someone else, then they immediately gave me two castles near Quzai but no city, I had to bide my time and wait my turn to gain enough influence to surely get a city, but by then two new clans had joined and suddenly every new castle that was taken two of the three clans vying for ownership were those two clans. Before long they had 10 properties among them, among which Marunath and Seonon!, and they hadn't even had enough influence to vote on themselvesl!

While nobody ever mentioned me.

This was frustrating, especially since I partook in every battle with a sizable force and had the most kills in all of them. However, I was able to roleplay this frustration into my plotting to overthrow King Derthert. I'm gaining relations with all the other houses so when I leave the kingdom without giving up my city, I can have the surrounding barons pick my side. *evil grin*

In my playthrough the Vlandians have no interest in taking towns. They would rather siege some insignificant castle deep in enemy territory. No wonder the war is never ending.

Back
Top Bottom