Voice acting is useless, dynamic lord relations are

Users who are viewing this thread

Lines for some stale linear plotline arent all that interesting especially after youve heard it once or twice

Better is the old classic RPG lines like a Royal Greeting when addressing your advisors: "Yes Sire?", "Your wish is my command" -kinda stuff.
When you are a lowly nothing having the opposite -like voices of disdain but keep it general and reactionary to the player. Also audio effects like a Horn blast when you are the lord of a Town/Castle and you are entering with maybe some crowd/guards banter "Its the King!" would give a better sense of ownership.
Of course "Less Talking, More Raiding" is immortalized -theres a reason for that ..
+1

Lines for some stale linear plotline arent all that interesting especially after youve heard it once or twice

Better is the old classic RPG lines like a Royal Greeting when addressing your advisors: "Yes Sire?", "Your wish is my command" -kinda stuff.
When you are a lowly nothing having the opposite -like voices of disdain but keep it general and reactionary to the player. Also audio effects like a Horn blast when you are the lord of a Town/Castle and you are entering with maybe some crowd/guards banter "Its the King!" would give a better sense of ownership.
Of course "Less Talking, More Raiding" is immortalized -theres a reason for that ..
Yeah, this exactly, AOE 2 reminds me of that. That's the only kind of voice acting if we get any.

Battle order and the player voice overs are good. Voice overs are okay for special characters, important events and storylines but having every single line voiced seems like a bad idea especially with so many procedurally generated characters. It would be great if Taleworlds could make a form of text to speech system for the game.

Back
Top Bottom