Vikingr Community Release - Download Thread

vtz

Sergeant
Best answers
Omzdog said:
Wow.
The fact that this is still being developed.
Wow.
It's not. The non-WSE version was made at least 4 months ago by Daedalus (aka Slavomir of Aaaaargh) who was the leader of the Deluge modding team, back when the Deluge was being developed.

Best answers
vtz said:
Omzdog said:
Wow.
The fact that this is still being developed.
Wow.
It's not. The non-WSE version was made at least 4 months ago by Daedalus (aka Slavomir of Aaaaargh) who was the leader of the Deluge modding team, back when the Deluge was being developed.
It was made much longer than four months ago. Slawomir kindly offered to update Víkingr when Viking Conquest was released. Porky and I have sat on it since then.

Waidulf

Recruit
M&BWBWF&SNW
Best answers
That are indeed very good news! That good even that I logged in here  :party:

Thanks for doing this  :smile:

fysaga

Sergeant Knight at Arms
WB
Best answers
Thanks to everyone who made this a reality. Hope to see you guys on the battlefield.  :shifty:

vtz

Sergeant
Best answers
Leifr Eiríksson said:
It was made much longer than four months ago. Slawomir kindly offered to update Víkingr when Viking Conquest was released. Porky and I have sat on it since then.
Thanks for clearing it up. This is why I wrote "at least 4 months ago" :wink:

wiener_snitzel

Sergeant
Best answers
This is great, before i had trouble with the WSE and Steam and where not able to play. It works perfectly now, looking forward too join many good battles :grin:

Warner

Recruit
WB
Best answers
Great news! Very grateful for the effort and I look forward to playing with you all on Hildileikr.

Wernicke

Sergeant at Arms
WBWF&SNW
Best answers
I've missed you all. It's been what, five years since I first downloaded this mod?

It's good to be back. Slawomir is deserving of a special reward.

RagnarGerman

Sergeant Knight
Best answers
Wernicke said:
I've missed you all. It's been what, five years since I first downloaded this mod?

It's good to be back. Slawomir is deserving of a special reward.
We missed you too, you grumpy dutch.  :smile:

AlanTheLooter

Sergeant Knight
WBWF&SNWVC
Best answers
Hello, I watched a YouTube video of the mod recently and noticed that sound effects "low born orc" and other taunts in this mod were also present in a flash game called "1066" that was made years back. I didn't see any credits to the developers of this game and its sound files for which you are using its taunts sounds in the https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,286569.0.html thread. Maybe add them in so they get the appreciation they deserve for creating the sound files?

Dansk viking

Master Knight
WBNWVC
Best answers
You must be new here. These taunts (that I've labelled "old taunts" in this thread) were iconic for Víkingr, and much fun was had trying to figure out what they were saying.

The taunts were indeed taken from said flash game, and removed for that reason when the old developers released their final version - I believe they were unable to get into contact with the creators and thus get the proper rights to use the sounds. In this "Community Release", I decided to put them back in to reach back to a more glorious time of Víkingr; I did not think to make any new credits aside from the old ones (since very little was done to the core module), but I shall remedy that by mentioning the source of the taunts.

It's good that we've got perceptive people like you who can cry out when there's a lack of credit.

C_Ronin_Rico

Sergeant at Arms
M&BWB
Best answers
Hi guys,

I was wondering how are you all doing and if some of you is still playing what I still consider the best mod for M&B:W.

It would be nice to meet you all on the battlefield again one of these nights :smile: