Viking troop type

Users who are viewing this thread

Ironborn men

Recruit
Is there a faction that resembles vikings? Like weilding axes round shields and mail armor, specifically focusing on land troops over mounted. 

Or does anyone have a link to the troop trees

The ones that are related to Vikings. like Sweden, Danish, Norwege, Novgorod or also Byzantine. Swedish foot soldiers have strong two hand axes and best armours in game. The Russian have also Viking influences that you can still see. But because the cultures are mixed with the originals there are also differences from what people would call Viking. And Byzantine have special troops you can hire when you retake Constantinople with them. These are "viking" mercenaries.
But the "real" vikings had their high era long before. To speak in M&W mod language it was something around the Brytenwalda time  :mrgreen:

toxic-nova said:
The ones that are related to Vikings. like Sweden, Danish, Norwege, Novgorod or also Byzantine. Swedish foot soldiers have strong two hand axes and best armours in game. The Russian have also Viking influences that you can still see. But because the cultures are mixed with the originals there are also differences from what people would call Viking. And Byzantine have special troops you can hire when you retake Constantinople with them. These are "viking" mercenaries.
But the "real" vikings had their high era long before. To speak in M&W mod language it was something around the Brytenwalda time  :mrgreen:

Actually there is like a 200 years gap between the "viking age" and Brytenwalda. The "viking era", or how ever you want to call it, began with the earliest known raid Lindisfarne in 793 and continued until the 12th century, brytenwalda is in like the 630:s...

toxic-nova said:
And Byzantine have special troops you can hire when you retake Constantinople with them. These are "viking" mercenaries.

Is it the Varangian Guard you're speaking of? Been playing as the Byzantines now with a new save and was wondering how I'm supposed to get them. I hope this answered my question

Try the Balts (Regnum Litus or the small baltic factions), even if they have a lot of mounted skirmishers too, they rely mostly on infantry and they always fight in bad terrain for cavalry. Also, some of their equipment may remind you the viking era (like the slonim helmets). Anyway, I think 1257 is set in bit too late era for viking stuff.

Back
Top Bottom