Viking Conquest Update 1.02 (released)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
louisg said:
If you have this DLC via STEAM,  this update is installed automatically by them- no need to go to Beta, etc.

It's available now.

It was not released yet (at least for me). People still need to opt for beta to play with 1.02 instead of 1.01

chanshaw said:
SURE BE NICE IF YOU WOULD PROVIDE THE UPDATE TO THE NON STEAM USERS, still waiting on the last patch.

It is a beta for the patch. The patch should be available like 1.01 (Steam, Taleworlds site, etc).

btw.: caps just makes a post look silly  :roll:

I thought patch 1.165 was already released for Steam?  They have not added it for the non steam users yet.  Since they didn't reply on that thread I figured they just forgot about us non steam users.

ms6698 said:
Will this patch fix the "loading textures" issues?

Loading textures issues? If you're talking about the long loading time it (well, at least for me) takes less time than highly detailed textured mods like Brytenwalda or Rome at War.

kalarhan said:
bryreichle said:
filedetails

Im playing beta 1.02 i still have traders getting stuck see image, If you can my first try at uploading an image. This a saved game from the 1.01 patch with about 270 days of play time about 80 days of that is with beta 1.02. 

If you cant see the image it shows about 20 traders off the shores of Dunwic stuck on the shore.

Know issue. It was reported earlier in the thread too.

Btw, you need to right click + copy url of your image before posting it. The url should be:

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/47617694495734648/B9C37278021822A8BAE0761D9B688F7A64A3A874/1024x576.resizedimage

And not your profile: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=361315409

If you are using last update in 01.02, you remember that need to wait 33 in game hours before they start to move.

CeltiberoCaesar said:
Could you provide us a savegame just before it? I have played the storyline like 100 times and never happened those bugs. What did you do before the quest? something strange happened before that?

I'm sent by Rath to visit Bjorn at the camp.

BLRXFaq.png

I talk to Bjorn and he gives me generic Lord convo.

u6SqxwT.png

Then I noticed the Ragnar Seax DID appear in my inventory after talking to him the first time, despite him not giving me any dialogue about it.
So if I go to Snothingham I still get the possibility to continue the quest.
The problem is, a new player who never did this quest wouldn't know he needs to go to Snothingham as the next objective, nor what's the use of Ragnar's Seax due to Bjorn not telling him anything.

So this is only a valid workaround for people who already went through the storyline.

I have a save file but sadly I did save after he "silently" gave me the Seax so I'm not sure it's helpful to reproduce the bug.
I uploaded it anyways: https://www.mediafire.com/?zrf7y1x5900g7vg

CeltiberoCaesar said:
Falconian said:
- Map still had click-and-nothing-happens bug that appeared out of nowhere in 1.00 and still here.
Could you explain this?

When I'm in the campaign map mode, if I'm zoomed in a bit and click anywhere nothing happens.
The party doesn't move and the game remains in paused mode.
But if I zoom out a fair bit I can walk around normally. This happens both on foot and when at sea.
This bug has plagued me since 1.01 beta and has never gone away.

Specs:
Steam version 1.02
Intel 3570k 4.0ghz
Geforce 670gtx
8gb corsair RAM

kalarhan said:
louisg said:
If you have this DLC via STEAM,  this update is installed automatically by them- no need to go to Beta, etc.

It's available now.

It was not released yet (at least for me). People still need to opt for beta to play with 1.02 instead of 1.01
Downloaded automatically for me via Steam yesterday; restart your Steam and it should work.

Has the degrading performance issue been fixed yet? I lot of the people one here have been saying the game is pretty much unplayable after 30 mins or so of play because the game stutters and the frame rate goes down below 20FPS.

I didn't see specifically that mentioned in the patch notes, or is that for a future patch?

Idibil, are you aware that ships are still getting stuck? Not all, but some. In my game there is a ship of peasants trying to head to a village but they are stuck on a piece of land and have been that way for several in game days. Saw a couple of trade ships that way too, all near kennemar

Another thing this beta fixed for me is Campaign map lag. Now it's usually pretty smooth, even when pressing ctrl+space (although for some people it made it worse).

reiksmarshal said:
I was thinking about starting a new game today, are there and plans to release a build today or are you guys going to pick back up after the holidays?

If you mean 1.165 + 1.02 release, you have it in beta from Steam. I think that TW will release soon for rest.

If you mean future patchs, we are working in performance, but this only improve your game experience.

BlackRainZ said:
Idibil, are you aware that ships are still getting stuck? Not all, but some. In my game there is a ship of peasants trying to head to a village but they are stuck on a piece of land and have been that way for several in game days. Saw a couple of trade ships that way too, all near kennemar

could you show screenshot? this could be some issue in world map.

Germanic Celt said:
Another thing this beta fixed for me is Campaign map lag. Now it's usually pretty smooth, even when pressing ctrl+space (although for some people it made it worse).

Yes, we are looking at into this. People sent me savegames and some them work great but others have lag.

Germanic Celt said:
ms6698 said:
Will this patch fix the "loading textures" issues?

Loading textures issues? If you're talking about the long loading time it (well, at least for me) takes less time than highly detailed textured mods like Brytenwalda or Rome at War.
Brytenwalda takes 4 minutes at most to load for me but VC takes almost 2 hours to load then when it finally starts it lags to bad to play. I'm not the only one with this issue.

Idibil said:
If you mean 1.165 + 1.02 release, you have it in beta from Steam. I think that TW will release soon for rest.

Hi there, just one question, does soon mean this evening or next week? I would like to know because if it is this evening i wont download the beta, if it is next week i will download the beta.

reiksmarshal said:
Thanks Idibil, time to go bury my axe in some peasant's face!

Cool helmet question
Where does one get the helmet of Elf's or Thor?
The roman fort, you will be asked the riddles of King Heithrek, they are not to hard, but here is a site to help with them.
http://www.sacred-texts.com/neu/onp/onp17.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom