Viking Conquest: Reforged Edition - Open Beta (Steam) - Update Patch 22/07/15

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey team, I created an account just to comment here.

Long time Brytenwalda fan here. Great mod,  loving the Hofs and the new start options.

One weird issue I've noticed shortly after starting a new game- there is this bizarre sound effect that plays during battles. It sounds like someone on a Skype call whistling into their laptop microphone, then rocking back and forth in their computer chair and coughing. It is awkward as hell and I have no idea why it is in there, but so far it has played in every battle.

Anyone else hearing this?

This is bringing it to a whole new level thank you guys. Now each player can carve its own way of playing just as he likes while evolving in an evermore immersive environnement.

A few bugs and complaints here and there, nothin major

-During battle the log frequently gets invaded by messages like " removed tunic (253) equipped tunic (234)..." and so forth. It tends to slow the framerates down
-Whisthlin and others ambient sounds during battle are a bit weird, sound quality ain't great either.
-One soundtrack ends brutally (one from the song that already were there in previous versions)
-The size of bandit parties in hardcore mode is a bit too hardcore, some important choke points of the map can become a no-go zone, even with a 90+ party
-At least one of the sword model has no scabbard (you can see it from inventory page) so it feels like you have two swords when you draw it out

When starting a new game as a Lord in a faction, if talking to any of the other lords in that faction they say that I granted myself the fief i started with, instead of it being granted by the actual King of that faction.

1QBHa.jpg

0 cowards hiding in the front of the skied during a naval assault :smile:. Happy days.

Why is trainer skill maxed at 5 now?

TIDM2 said:
I am also getting wounded very frequently in battle, I feel like that should be toned down a bit. Also yeah how do you get the dog?

the teaser picture gives a clue

cartel2_p.jpg
also
random chance of getting a recruitable dog in a village.

kraggrim said:
Why is trainer skill maxed at 5 now?
Consequence of the new XP curves. Check this thread for feedback: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,334286.0.html

Utfred said:
This is bringing it to a whole new level thank you guys. Now each player can carve its own way of playing just as he likes while evolving in an evermore immersive environnement.

A few bugs and complaints here and there, nothin major

-During battle the log frequently gets invaded by messages like " removed tunic (253) equipped tunic (234)..." and so forth. It tends to slow the framerates down
this is a test message only for the beta

-The size of bandit parties in hardcore mode is a bit too hardcore, some important choke points of the map can become a no-go zone, even with a 90+ party
*cough* it is hardcore. JK! We are checking the number of parties on important locations of the world to adjust them. Visit this thread and add your log: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,333383.0.html

-At least one of the sword model has no scabbard (you can see it from inventory page) so it feels like you have two swords when you draw it out
thx for reporting  :smile:

DzsuDzaK said:
http://i.gyazo.com/0ec91744d5be67feee4bd1f15ff33b64.jpg
Maybe it's my resolution (1600x1200)
ah good catch. That message will go away after beta tho  :smile:

One thing I have noticed is that during a battle I hear this weird whistling and coughing noise that annoys the hell out of me. Has anyone else heard this during a battle?

mindlessidiots said:
One thing I have noticed is that during a battle I hear this weird whistling and coughing noise that annoys the hell out of me. Has anyone else heard this during a battle?

yeah i posted about it earlier. At first I thought it was a mistake but now I am starting to think that they actually put that in as an actual sound effect. There is another "rain" sound that sounds like somebody running their shower.

I have asked multiple times for an overhead stab attack with spear and shield. But the animation needs some work done. It starts facing up and ends facing down, its like a strange ark and not really a stab.
Although i do like how the overhead stab has a shorter range than the underarm. It will let me hit more people at close range if i do the up attack.

Also since each faction has a unique look (To an extent)
Can we have frisians in custom battle, I'm doing custom battle to check out the new gear.
Just discovered a bug. In custom Battle the Outlaws cavalry the aquitanian skirmishers have water or something behind them when they are galloping but not while going slowly. Maybe this is meant to be dust or something but the texture is broken?

couple of things early on. started over from peon scratch. fought 3 thieves on my own, killed the first one then I picked up his shield and then the camera view went to far off with no way to zoom it back in closer, not to mention I couldn't control my character to even face the next guy. didn't happen until I picked up the shield. Then I was in a village just checking to see if I could persuade the village leader to allow me to recruit. didn't think it would work that early on but to my surprise he allowed for 300 hundred coins. I only had 81 coins but it still said I paid 300 for the privilege to recruit leaving me pennyless. shouldn't of worked since I didn't have enough coin.

I only had 81 coins but it still said I paid 300 for the privilege to recruit leaving me pennyless. shouldn't of worked since I didn't have enough coin.

LOL, that was like that since last year. Added a check on finances.

TIDM2 said:
I am also getting wounded very frequently in battle, I feel like that should be toned down a bit. Also yeah how do you get the dog?
In some cases you can interact with/talk to a dog (might be standing still in a village),
and offer it a piece of sausage (so make sure you have that). Then you can make it your companion and give it a name.

I don't think that any happy widows are supposed to be dressed this way, unless of course the developers are trying to communicate that this particular woman is a real "animal" in the sack...

This was an already existing save from 1.04, so I'm not sure if she'll normally be this way or not.

Love Viking Conquest!!! However I must ask one question. Is becoming High King of Ireland going to be for Story Mode only? Please say no.

One weird issue I've noticed shortly after starting a new game- there is this bizarre sound effect that plays during battles. It sounds like someone on a Skype call whistling into their laptop microphone, then rocking back and forth in their computer chair and coughing. It is awkward as hell and I have no idea why it is in there, but so far it has played in every battle.
Got the same thing :facepalm: :iamamoron: :dead:

I like pretty much the different gear between factions except that for me angle and saxons don't got their helms (coppergate) that are if i remenber well  in godeloic and pictish factions, who got helm wich look like coppergate but more basic, i think little adjustement on gear of factions could be nice using google image and Brytenwalda as reference, too bad Britons don't got the same helm as in Brytenwalda that make feel their last Romans heritage... i think too that britons should get more heavy cavalry (teuleu and nobles) they were known for their cavalry one of the reasons they can resist saxons invasions.

I have to ask is it possible to delete the new sound files with the whistling and coughing during combat without any game breaking casualties. Cause the sound quality is so bad i breaks the immersion. Its almost like sitting on skype and listing to a sick person struggling to breath through a really bad mic. If i cant turn those sounds off i guess i will play with the game muted from now on, which is sad cause i love the music and the new music is really great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom