Version 0.800 is Out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like that, it's like the player's going to Borcha while he's tracking "No, no you're doing it all wrong!" and being wrong themselves... like a teacher!

Edit: Moving my own post to the bug report thread.

To contribute: The game looks FAR more professional and polished now.  Good show, gents.

armagan said:
[...]
7) Support for multiple languages and localization.
[...]

Is there an easier way to change language then to edit the language.txt?

There is no in the options or the launcher.

Edit:
And could it be that size of the non-button texts is adjusted to the length?

Can't wait to see firsthand what cool new features modders will get. :smile:

The new version is really really cool. The troops look so much more realistic and the general graphical overhaul is just bumping the battle experience over the top!

EDIT:
Just been looking at some of the new BRF's. The dungeon brf looks really promising. Skeletons, torture tools, tens or hundreds of scene's.
There's some salt mine specific scene props in there too.

Can't wait to check those out ingame, after school though. :sad:

There seem to also be new UI mesh brf's, maybe the UI is much easier to edit now.

Damnit Armagan, you really don't want me to graduate do you?  First Supreme Commander and now .800 comes out. . . I don't have enough time to play everything, let alone do class work  :lol:.

Can't wait to jump in head first, keep up the great work.

Pug said:
Just a quick question: is there an alternate location to download the latest DirectX from? You see, I have a laptop. I use the laptop to play M&B. It doesn't have an internet connection. The mac which does have an internet connection is used to download and everything, but it doesn't, naturally, have Windows XP installed. So, I can't download the latest DirectX because I can't validate my Windows software. Does this make sense? I do not have the option of "just connecting the laptop to the internet" -- I can't explain why, it would take too long. The fact is I can't get it from the Microsoft site. And I am really looking forward to the new features, so thanks in advance. I just hope my laptop can take it.
did anyone see this?

Highelfwarrior said:
Can't wait to see firsthand what cool new features modders will get. :smile:

The new version is really really cool. The troops look so much more realistic and the general graphical overhaul is just bumping the battle experience over the top!

EDIT:
Just been looking at some of the new BRF's. The dungeon brf looks really promising. Skeletons, torture tools, tens or hundreds of scene's.
There's some salt mine specific scene props in there too.

Can't wait to check those out ingame, after school though. :sad:

There seem to also be new UI mesh brf's, maybe the UI is much easier to edit now.

I've seen them, they're really cool, and there's a large number of them. Enough to make your own custom interior by just using the individual parts. One can be quite creative with them.

lol feel sorry for you because this new version is so much funner than the older version.

oh, new limit in addition to lvl-6 cap?

Code:
ui_explanation_time_limit|Hail Adventurer, Mount&Blade is limited to 30 game days in trial mode. We hope that you have enjoyed the game and that you will go forward to buy a license. Buying a license online and activating the full mode is very easy and takes only a minute. After that you can continue playing right from here. Now, Mount&Blade will save your game and exit.
it's from languages\en\ui.csv

Pug said:
Just a quick question: is there an alternate location to download the latest DirectX from? You see, I have a laptop. I use the laptop to play M&B. It doesn't have an internet connection. The mac which does have an internet connection is used to download and everything, but it doesn't, naturally, have Windows XP installed. So, I can't download the latest DirectX because I can't validate my Windows software. Does this make sense? I do not have the option of "just connecting the laptop to the internet" -- I can't explain why, it would take too long. The fact is I can't get it from the Microsoft site. And I am really looking forward to the new features, so thanks in advance. I just hope my laptop can take it.

try looking directx9.0c in www.download.com I'm not sure if it works because I don't have a mac, but it gives me a direct link.

Ingolifs said:
Hmm, perhaps tat's because of the increasing modability of the game. it's possible to get to level 30 skill and riches, without actually getting to level 30.
I don't know, it should not be mods' concern whether the player wants to spoil the gameplay or is an honest player :smile: But still you may be right; it may serve a purpose at the hands of a good modder with creative thinking ability.

By the way, we still don't know if this is actually implemented. Might be a placeholder only.

Awesome, I hope mods will be easy to convert.

And another mirror link, if necessary:
http://files.filefront.com/MountBlade_0800_Mirror/;6238997;;/fileinfo.html

While we are on the subject, does anyone know whether any mods are compatible with the new version? Obviously we would all be playing native for quite a while, but I'm asking so that I can safely un-install the old M&B from my system that's there only for the sake of mods..

pretty sure they won't..

I installed over my old folder (with a full installer), and there's all my mods there, however, i can only select from native from launch.

Does anyone know what pixel shader version does the game require to render those nifty water reflections?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom